• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemasters bringing complete GRID Autosport game with all DLC to iOS and Android

Feral Interactive is handling porting duties. Here's what Codies are promising from this version of the game, which, from trailers, appears to be a port of the PC version.

Buy once, race forever – Get the full game and its entire, enormous collection of DLC in one purchase.

◾Master five different racing styles – Compete across the different disciplines Take on aggressive pack racing in Touring Cars, manage your tyre wear in all-night Endurance events, demonstrate your car control in Drift competitions, perfect your finesse and precision in Open-Wheel races, and react on the fly in Street Races.

◾Huge range of cars – Unleash the raw speed of the McLAREN 12C GT3, DALLARA F312, MAZDA RX-7 (FD3S) DRIFT TUNED, AUDI RS 5 COUPE, PAGANI ZONDA REVOLUCIÓN, and 75 other high-performance motors.

◾Immense track content – Race across a fantastic range of 22 locations offering over 100 routes, with a wide variety of Classic, Modern, and City Tracks including Hockenheim, Yas Marina and San Francisco.

◾Best in class controls – Use the touch-screen interface to navigate the game and control your car. Use your screen as a steering wheel ortake advantage of full MFi gamepad support.

Trailers:

https://youtu.be/v8U2R2EZpzA
https://youtu.be/wk0wwREu8a8

Looks really impressive. I wonder how large the download is, and how the quality settings of the PC version will map to various devices.

And now I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being Codemasters' first Switch game - like Gear Club Unlimited I can see this appearing on Switch. If it isn't, then that's a missed opportunity - they could be the only publisher with a high-budget serious racing game on the platform.

PantsuJo

That's really nice but... I recall the game being removed from digital stores two years ago, right?
Why is it returning only on mobile?

I think it was a good opportunity to release it in switch too...

Indeed. Codemasters was on the list of Switch partners over a year ago and so far they haven't even announced anything. You'd think something like Micromachines would be a shoe-in, considering its fit for the system and the success Team17 have had with Overcooked.

I think if there is a Codemasters game announced for Switch it'll be this. As much as I want DiRT Rally playable on the move.

Blam

I wonder what price do they have in mind.
And how responsive the car would be.

It should be fine games like Real Racing are pretty good for this. And you're probably able to play it with a controller.

gcwy

Banned
Do post impressions! Is it the model with the A10X SoC?

Wonder what the minimum requirements will be. I'm guessing 6s or SE or higher.

Nope. Pro was way too expensive, just the iPad (2017) with 9.7 inch screen.

Most games have a 5S requirement since it was first the 64bit, but I have seen newer games asking for a 6. I would not be surprised if the game required a 6S or SE since it looks pretty good. Looks almost like the last gen version.

Nope. Pro was way too expensive, just the iPad (2017) with 9.7 inch screen.

Most games have a 5S requirement since it was first the 64bit, but I have seen newer games asking for a 6. I would not be surprised if the game required a 6S or SE since it looks pretty good. Looks almost like the last gen version.

Yeah, I can see the A9 being the entry point. That'll probably turn in visuals equivalent to playing with a Core i5 and Intel HD 4400 on PC, or indeed like the last gen version.

I do wonder how large the game will be on the App Store, is there a new limit after the old ~3GB one was lifted?

Impressive. I hope it isn't rendering 1080p on that iPhone 7 Plus, it'd still look great at 720p and give them room to up the framerate or increase the visual fidelity.

I think they'd prefer to release a full new game on the switch rather than an old port of a previous game. Expect Grid 3 to come out on switch for sure.

I'll be devastated if they don't do DiRT Rally though. Easily my favourite serious driving game (Forza Horizon 3 isn't a serious one, right?) of the generation, but I haven't spent as much time with it on Xbox One as I'd have liked. Having it on the Switch would be incredible.

Available now on iOS.

Seems to require a device with A9 and up: so anything newer than the iPhone 6s and SE.

Game is 8GB, initial download is 4GB and you need to download the rest within the game.

I laughed when it said console quality it's not even PS3 level.

I don't remember the original game looking so hot on last gen systems, what has been cut back from this version?

Available now on iOS.

Seems to require a device with A9 and up: so anything newer than the iPhone 6s and SE.

Game is 8GB, initial download is 4GB and you need to download the rest within the game.

I don't remember the original game looking so hot on last gen systems, what has been cut back from this version?

I am hearing multiple reports online that the iPhone 6S does work with GRID.

I am hearing multiple reports online that the iPhone 6S does work with GRID.

Thanks. The official press release only mentions SE and 7 as the oldest supported devices, but a look at the App Store's compatible devices page sees the 6s and 6s Plus listed.

Only thing I can think of is the SE is supported through its smaller, and thus lower resolution, display, despite having the same SoC as the 6s (with CPU downclock)

Top Bottom