• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty: SOCOM is Coming Back

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
amb9Us0_d.webp

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I wonder if Moriarty is still as angry about aquisitions since the bungie one 🤣, I haven't heard him address it yet.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Apparently, he worked at ign. and owns the channel named last stand media.

youtube.com/channel/UCt9BGe6i2lJepl-B_zwX6VA
Apparently?
How old are you?
yes he used to work at IGN along with Greg Miller, They both used to do PodCast Beyond then later left IGN together and formed Kinda Funny
Greg went woke and they fell out so Colin left and formed Sacred Symbols.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
SOCOM seems more like a time and a place type of series. They'll never recapture the magic of the PS2 games.

Apparently?
How old are you?
yes he used to work at IGN along with Greg Miller, They both used to do PodCast Beyond then later left IGN together and formed Kinda Funny
Greg went woke and they feel out so Colin left and formed Sacred Symbols.

Granted IGN had sucked for a while but Greg Miller is the reason I stopped consuming any of their media. Screaming "beyond" into a microphone and giving out dating advice wasn't exactly why I listened to gaming podcasts. I was pretty shocked when I saw he went on to form Kinda Funny (he's not funny in the least) and got a bunch of MC gigs. Enthusiasts really need to raise their standards for the media they consume.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
SOCOM seems more like a time and a place type of series. They'll never recapture the magic of the PS2 games.

Granted IGN had sucked for a while but Greg Miller is the reason I stopped consuming any of their media. Screaming "beyond" into a microphone and giving out dating advice wasn't exactly why I listened to gaming podcasts. I was pretty shocked when I saw he went on to form Kinda Funny (he's not funny in the least) and got a bunch of MC gigs. Enthusiasts really need to raise their standards for the media they consume.
I only listened to it as an alternative to 1up podcast, but yeah turned off eventually.

TexMex

I’m not sure I’d take that discord screen shot as what he believes will happen, not confirmation that he knows something. I believe SOCOM will be back too.

If he went on to clarify then sure ok, but that screen grab is a lot to run with. Slow news day.

MrA

Much like metroid prime trilogy and silent hill I'll believe when its in my hands, but if is real, neat more variety in games in the better

Tschumi

Jesus fuck SOCOM was trash and they stopped making them for a reason. What the hell is with the rose tinted glasses? Go look up the reviews if you don't believe me. Why are they acting like it was anything other than a B tier series?
He's got a point it's not like anyone was saying "bu bu SOCOM" whenever a shooter released back in the early 00s

Portugeezer

I wonder if Moriarty is still as angry about aquisitions since the bungie one 🤣, I haven't heard him address it yet.
I'm sure he will be, but Bungie is multiplatform so it doesn't matter.

Jesus fuck SOCOM was trash and they stopped making them for a reason. What the hell is with the rose tinted glasses? Go look up the reviews if you don't believe me. Why are they acting like it was anything other than a B tier series?
PlayStation needs a shooter IP with COD going exclusive in a couple years. They can make better games than in the past.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Can it be campaign based? I'm sick of buying games like Rainbow 6 that were really great single player shooters only to find out they're online deathmatch only now. I don't give a fuck about online deathmatches.

Of course it is. I can say Banjo is coming back…when idk but some time between now and the heat death of the universe there will be a new Banjo.

Kokoloko85

He knew about Days Gone for ages and other games.
I just wonder if it will come back 1st person or 3rd person.

Plus Id love another Folklore

SLB1904

Banned
if colin said is coming back, its happening. he said ratchet was coming back and it did, the only thing it go wrong was it was coming to ps4 i think. but that's something that could be missed in translation.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Apparently?
How old are you?
Greg went woke and they feel out so Colin left and formed Sacred Symbols.
I actually never knew the full story of Colin and Gregs falling out. Is there a way too long recollection of that story some where. I want l the deets.

This guy?

these are facts though.

this is why buying Bethesda and activision puts them on par with Sony market share.

Becuase they force studios to change their logos into the franchise they will burn into the ground. I think the will value of Activision’s franchises are going to dip. Bethesda & Blizzard was a great purchase though. We’ll see how they handle these studios.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
How quick is socom coming back are we talking about? You think of games have years development processes not counting being interrupted by COVID.

kingfey

Banned
these are facts though.

this is why buying Bethesda and activision puts them on par with Sony market share.

Becuase they force studios to change their logos into the franchise they will burn into the ground. I think the will value of Activision’s franchises are going to dip. Bethesda & Blizzard was a great purchase though. We’ll see how they handle these studios.

cat goodbye GIF

Top Bottom