• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Pick_3_Medium_71.png

ROW THE GODDAMN BOAT

Dat SEC Bias:

Barrett Sallee ‏@BarrettSallee 2h2 hours ago
Non-FBS opponents in Week 1:

ACC: 7
Big 12: 6
Big Ten: 4
Pac-12: 4
SEC: 0

Now lets take a look at season long:

ACC: 11
Big 12: 8
Big 10: 7
Pac-12: 8
SEC: 14

It's very interesting how the Texas Tech fans haven't responded to my appraisal of that team's overall irrelevance.

I think they are in serious denial over there about my furious attacks on the merits of their program!

I am clearly winning this war against Texas Tech. I hope to vanquish my foe soon and force them to rename the school to Popopop SirTech. Then, they might be worthy enough to have a rivalry, with let's say FAU.

I'd really like to see Alabama play Michigan State again.

I rewatched that game the other day, it was only 17-0 towards end of the 3rd. Sparty had a chance to put some point on the board and then the entire thing got away from them very quickly. That was a meltdown on the levels of Chernobyl, never thought I would see a dantonio coached team get flustered so bad.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I rewatched that game the other day, it was only 17-0 towards end of the 3rd. Sparty had a chance to put some point on the board and then the entire thing got away from them very quickly. That was a meltdown on the levels of Chernobyl, never thought I would see a dantonio coached team get flustered so bad.

Comparatively, OSUn had a 14-7 lead at the end of the 3rd against MSUn, so I can see why you would worry about a 17-0 score.

Lost his play calling abilities after sparty game, new play caller was same guy from Michigan and Notre Dame game where they lit shit up. Lets hope it continues.
In Tim's defense.. He has done good work in ensuring that the program maintains a foothold in Texas and expand recruiting down there.

Sparty had the ball with 4min left down 17-0 and bama got a punt return TD and then scored like a minute later too.

This was exactly the point where hope died and Welp-mode activated.

GOD DAMN IT JUST GIVE THE BALL TO FUCKING ZEKE

Or Cardale...

So the same points OSUn put up, but in 2 minutes instead of 4 quarters, gotcha.

Correct,
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS

Lol. CFB is baaaaaaaaaaaaack

lkjoVMg.gif

andycapps

Dabo isn't wrong, but I'd assume the GA/Tech and USCe/Clempson games would have to be cancelled. UGA has almost as many games with Clemson as Sakerlina yet we haven't played them regularly in years.

@LarryWilliamsTI: A week after endorsing napping, Dabo continues to make his case for president by saying Clemson and Georgia should play every year.

LosDaddie

Banned
Met a local attorney last week who roomed with Jimbo at Samford. He had some great stories about Jimbo.

Hah, fair enough. One was from when they were playing at Samford. Samford had a game against some college up in Virginia that was close enough for Jimbo's family to attend. He doesn't know what exactly happened, but during pregame warm-ups, they look up into the stands and a bunch of people had started going at it. Fist flying everywhere. While they're watching they see pretty much every male member of Jimbo's family that was in attendance getting led out of the stadium by the police after having thoroughly kicked the ass of several local U fans. Jimbo apparently hadn't noticed the fighting, and this guy and his teammates were worried Jimbo would be upset when he realized what had just happened to his family. But when they pointed out to Jimbo that his family was getting led out by the police, he just kind of shrugged and said, [and here the guy did a great Jimbo impression] "huh, wonder what the fuck that was about" and went about his business.

Another more recent story was they visited him for some speech he gave and then went back to his house to hang out in his pool. Jimbo had a keg of Coor's Light kept by the pool, and when they gave him shit about it he said [and again, in a Jimbo voice] "man, shut the fuck up. Coor's is some great fucking beer."

Probably lost some without hearing his Jimbo voices, but I was amused.

Thanks for sharing.
If you're going by the name 'Jimbo', then you'd better have some good stories to tell.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Also factor in that I have to watch my team play Furman in week 1 because Alabama backed out of a home-and-home series with the Spartans.

Thanks, SEC.
I guess you're welcome we spared you another ass whooping?

Edit: I see this was already discussed. Damn work.
Thanks for sharing.
If you're going by the name 'Jimbo', then you'd better have some good stories to tell.
Hah, yeah my contribution to that part of the conversation was "If you have a grown man going by Jimbo, you know that man is going to be country as fuck."

andycapps

I guess you're welcome we spared you another ass whooping?

Edit: I see this was already discussed. Damn work.

Hah, yeah my contribution to that part of the conversation was "If you have a grown man going by Jimbo, you know that man is going to be country as fuck."
We want Bama, not really though.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Dat SEC Bias:

Barrett Sallee ‏@BarrettSallee 2h2 hours ago
Non-FBS opponents in Week 1:

ACC: 7
Big 12: 6
Big Ten: 4
Pac-12: 4
SEC: 0

Now lets take a look at season long:

ACC: 11
Big 12: 8
Big 10: 7
Pac-12: 8
SEC: 14
I'm counting 5 non-FBS opponents for the SEC in week 12. Initially thought it was 6 but I guess South Alabama is in the Sun Belt.

I wonder if every other conference combined even has 1 that late.

I'd really like to see Alabama play Michigan State again.

I see that USCw is having issues with injuries @ their LT spot. Chad Wheeler isn't expected to play, out with plantar fasciitis.

I think everyone on their 2 deep at OL played last year. They had a ton of injuries there last year, so the benefit is this year everyone has some game experience. Edoga played in the Holiday Bowl.

if they don't that will be horribly ironic stadium name :jnc

No more ironic than the lack of WiFi or the fact it took until last year to install TVs in the concourses.

But it'll get done. Framing is likely finished today and the rest of the panels will likely be up by tomorrow. Improvements on the opposite side have been delayed for a few weeks, though. They were going to install some ribbon boards, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom