• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ComicGAF Presents: Black Panther Essential Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the Black Panther is a dick part, there's the build up to this in Hickman's FF run. In particular, Fantastic Four #607 and #608 (IIRC) are Wakanda centric issues, where T'Challa abdicates and is replaced as BP while the City of the Dead is introduced. They're collected in Hickman's FF volume 6.

Reading this review of #608, it's funny in hindsight that the reviewer was concerned with this :
The only way these last two issues were worth the investment is if Hickman launches a new Black Panther series because I can assure you the next writer will disregard everything that happen in this issue.
We didn't get a Hickman series but T'Challa and the City of the Dead were pretty central to New Avengers, which turned out to be pretty central to (literally) the Marvel universe.

You're right he's amazing.

So amazing that he probably has more scenes and more dialogue than BP himself in the series.

He might as well be the star of the book.

That's the point of Ross. You can't have a mysterious, larger-than-life character like Panther constantly spouting exposition without losing his mystique. Ross is the everyman lense the reader sees the Panther through.

Zombine

Banned
The film did Black Panther Justice. I'm glad that he had some powerful moments. Time to re-read the Priest run.

whats this no David Liss' run, t'challa goes on exile and takes over hells kitchen for a lil bit he has no tech or powers

10471959.jpg

Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive- issues 513-529

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Black Panther in Incursions is God tier BP. He is amazing, and his dealings with Namor are fantastic. Truly awesome.

LordRaptor

whats this no David Liss' run, t'challa goes on exile and takes over hells kitchen for a lil bit he has no tech or powers

Yeah, Shadowlands was awful, but as a silver lining this run came out of it.

Doomwar was pretty patchy, but had a great character bit for Doom where the panther god basically confirms doom is essentially a hero doing what he thinks is best for the world, lol

Voror

How is the volume mentioned in the OP by Hudlin? I've always heard very mixed things regarding his work with the character or is this a case of him actually doing a pretty good job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom