• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Drax is basically the least popular member of the team, while Baby Groot is being made to capitalize on the characters popularity when the movie hits and trade potential.

I'm expecting it to.
Duggan going "Oh, there's a reason Groot is small in my run!" in the reveal interview of ANGOTG was so funny. We all know it's just due to the movie(which took it from Conquest where Groot sacrificed himself and stayed small and back at base for the first proper GOTG issues).

TheFlow

Banned
Honestly, Logan is good but I'm kinda rolling my eyes at the fact the critics are calling this the best comic book movie.

A History of Violence outdoes them all.

Yes, yes, it has no supership finale or colorful vibes.
It is not the best but it is definitely up there.

Dark knight is my favorite.

How was Peanuts? I love those characters so much, I couldn't bring myself to watch the movie in case it was bad.

Yea, I liked it man! I have a big fondness for Peanuts from my childhood, and while it didn't blow me away, it definitely did push the right buttons. A lot of little moments in it felt *right*. It worked better plotwise as a series of smaller scenarios, which feels right considering the strips, than as an overall whole, but yea. It felt very true. They did a really good job with the animation too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What is a good The Question Mini that I would like to read. Would be interested in some kind of Crime-Solving story, maybe a murder, not so much Superhero-y.

Bonus points if it has a The Question Design without hair and with a trenchcoat.

Messi

What is a good The Question Mini that I would like to read. Would be interested in some kind of Crime-Solving story, maybe a murder, not so much Superhero-y.

Bonus points if it has a The Question Design without hair and with a trenchcoat.

Pipeline by Rucka and Hammer was my favourite

Mmmm. Pulling the trigger on some rebirth trades today, trying to decide on Superman or not. Reviews have been great but it seems kind of engrained in the upcoming watchmeny stuff etc, folks who are onboard, does it read fine alone?

Mmmm. Pulling the trigger on some rebirth trades today, trying to decide on Superman or not. Reviews have been great but it seems kind of engrained in the upcoming watchmeny stuff etc, folks who are onboard, does it read fine alone?

Superman on it's own has been great and mostly standalone stuff until this Superman Reborn arc, Action has been the book more engrained in the Mr. Oz stuff. The only arc that wasn't really on it's own of Superman was the set up for Super Sons and even it was fine on it's own.

Superman on it's own has been great and mostly standalone stuff until this Superman Reborn arc, Action has been the book more engrained in the Mr. Oz stuff. The only arc that wasn't really on it's own of Superman was the set up for Super Sons and even it was fine on it's own.

Well, I'll definitely be following Super Sons, so I'm down with that. I think it's the reborn stuff you're referring to though, something I looked at recently made me a little wary. No interest in action, but if you feel Superman stands up fine in a bubble then that's cool.

Well, I'll definitely be following Super Sons, so I'm down with that. I think it's the reborn stuff you're referring to though, something I looked at recently made me a little wary. No interest in action, but if you feel Superman stands up fine in a bubble then that's cool.

Superman has definitely been pretty standalone from what I remember. This last arc was a Multiversity type thing that ended up having a Mr Oz appearance but it still worked fine on it's own. I think that has been the only Superman arc with any kind of ties like that.

Messi

I think it stands alone and is fucking great

Superman has definitely been pretty standalone from what I remember. This last arc was a Multiversity type thing that ended up having a Mr Oz appearance but it still worked fine on it's own. I think that has been the only Superman arc with any kind of ties like that.

I think it stands alone and is fucking great

Cheers guys, threw it in there. Worst that can happen is I'll use this volume to segue over to Super Sons if it gets too eventy for me, but sounds like it's fine.

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, TEC, Nightwing vol 1s ordered then, and the Night Of The Monster Men HC since it's those last three together. I'll do another round at the beginning of April and try Harley, Deathstroke, maybe a few I skipped this time, Green Arrow & Suicide Squad or something.

Cheers guys, threw it in there. Worst that can happen is I'll use this volume to segue over to Super Sons if it gets too eventy for me, but sounds like it's fine.

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, TEC, Nightwing vol 1s ordered then, and the Night Of The Monster Men HC since it's those last three together. I'll do another round at the beginning of April and try Harley, Deathstroke, maybe a few I skipped this time, Green Arrow & Suicide Squad or something.

clint_ew.gif

Logan was pretty good, its a low bar I know but definitely the best wolverine film by a long way. I wouldn't put it up there with dark knight but I'd give it a good 8.5.

For positives I'd go for:

Great performances by Jackman, Stewart and the girl who plays X-23

I really liked the slower, more thoughtful tone, mixed with them finally being able to do wolverines fighting justice with the higher age rating

I really enjoyed the twist of actually professor x being the one who killed the x-men rather than the expected wolverine as in old man logan, leading to stewarts emotional reveal later in the film.

Though I would say the few things that stopped me rating higher:

I think it was a little too long almost and that will be more apparent in rewatches

The first part with drunk/mumbling Logan seemed to drag on way too long

Even though I got the symbolism of the clone logan, to show his past as a mindless killer he can never escape from, I still thought it was a little cheesy and cliche.

Hahah its part of the run though right, and kind of sets up Batwoman? See, Im picky about Superman tie ins but won't blink twice about a Batman event. Double standard me.

The stuff involved with it and that has come from it I actually like, but the farther we get away from the actual event the more I hate it. Even more because it seemed to knock Tec off of it's momentum and it's just now catching back up in a way.

The stuff involved with it and that has come from it I actually like, but the farther we get away from the actual event the more I hate it. Even more because it seemed to knock Tec off of it's momentum and it's just now catching back up in a way.

Haha, I'll keep this in mind when I get to it. At least Rossmo's art looked nice in previews. That one was a couple of quid more expensive than the others too, since they went hardback with it >_<

Re-read DC One Million to try out the new glasses. They work but man, I miss Morrison superhero books now. I so wish Multiversity Too and Batman B&W were dated for this year.

(Also, if you ever see a deal on the omnibus, tell me! Really want one before the 20th anniversary next year~)

Do you render everything in your warm-ups?
I don't warm up

I think 'warm ups' are an excuse to draw something so you can maintain an online presence without giving away what you're actually working on

Not sure how much time Sejic spends on a 'warm up' like this. I know he's fast but I'll be surprised if he's spending less than 40 minutes on something like this. Nevermind the actual work of posting it on all the platforms you have.

Edit: damn freeza already knew what I was gonna say

Slayven

I hate to be that guy, but folks suddenly bandwagoning the Inhumans now they got a tv show annoys me. I just wanted to get that off my chest, i posted here because no one reads comics let along a comic thread

tim1138

I hate to be that guy, but folks suddenly bandwagoning the Inhumans now they got a tv show annoys me. I just wanted to get that off my chest, i posted here because no one reads comics let along a comic thread

This is a thing that is actually happening?!

Top Bottom