• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Finished The Lightning Saga. Man, if the return of the LoSH is even close to this I'll be happy.

Edit: Make Mine Marvel will relaunch titles and start the new books with the total number like Action Comics, Detective Comics and Venom soon.

This just seems dumb. If you're not going back to number 1's just let the current stories keep going from where they are. Maybe do a couple that matter, but that just seems kind of pointless and thinking the wrong thing is the issue.

Later thing. After Secret Empire.

Really hoping they aren't just adopting the things they think made Rebirth a success with original numbers and double shipping. It was more than that and them being very open about it.

This is exactly what they're doing it seems. They seem to be looking at what DC did and see what could make them more money and not looking at what could make better books.

Amazing Spider-Man 800 heeeeere I come <3 But People will complain about it anyway.

Do it on Amazing and a couple other legacy books, the rest is just pointless. Venom 150...woohoo.

It's like they're just giving themselves an out to complain about bad sales down the road. "We should have never done the legacy numbers, it was too confusing. People didn't know they were new books."

Later thing. After Secret Empire.

Really hoping they aren't just adopting the things they think made Rebirth a success with original numbers and double shipping. It was more than that and them being very open about it.

Right cool, wasn't sure if it was something to watch out for over the weekend. The numbers thing linewide doesn't sound like the best idea but when again, so many people read by trade now, maybe they figure it'll have cache with the hardcore and casual readers will only ever see volume 1, 2, 3 etc. I wouldn't really want DC to do it beyond Action and TEC either.

What else did you pick up from that sale?
Ended up with a ton due to the cheap price(39/59/79SEK for each):
  • 2 Bendis' New Avengers volumes I was missing
  • First volume of Gillen's Mercury Heat
  • Avengers Ultron Forever since I wanted a physical ex
  • Cap America & The Mighty Avengers vol 1
  • JLA: The Lightning Saga, The Injustice League and The Tornado's Path
  • Rage Of Ultron
  • The Infinity Watch vol 1
  • Batman And Robin vol 5-7
  • Earth 2 vol 4-6
  • Batman Gothic
  • Grayson vol 1 so I can have a physical version

Also pre-ordered Johns' Aquaman omnibus today since it's like 51% off for some reason along with a few other upcoming books(BC has the full list).

Edit: Some links!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Right cool, wasn't sure if it was something to watch out for over the weekend. The numbers thing linewide doesn't sound like the best idea but when again, so many people read by trade now, maybe they figure it'll have cache with the hardcore and casual readers will only ever see volume 1, 2, 3 etc. I wouldn't really want DC to do it beyond Action and TEC either.

I would love to buy a Issue 900 of Batman or a 1000 of Superman at some point. Or from JLA.

I would love to buy a Issue 900 of Batman or a 1000 of Superman at some point. Or from JLA.

Fair enough dude, maybe they're onto something then, who knows. I literally read everything by trade so I'm really only armchairing about the marketing side of it, i'll see no difference personally and if it makes people happy

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fair enough dude, maybe they're onto something then, who knows. I literally read everything by trade so I'm really only armchairing about the marketing side of it, i'll see no difference personally and if it makes people happy

Not only it is marketing, 100s or 50s usually act as chapters and start new eras and are special issues with a lot of extra content. I dont care that much either for the number itself, I am the only one here who never cares when they #1 everything again, but I like how these issues tend to be treated^^

ElNarez

Banned

look it's all well and good but why is lois standing in the nude in that superman piece, like, what circumstances would lead to lois lane being buck-ass naked, standing there waiting for superman to embrace her

mera is nude too but she's a) a queen and also b) underwater and also also c) surprising Aquaman, so, there's some motivation there, but lois? why is she nude? and why do I give a shit about a pinup piece to that extent

look it's all well and good but why is lois standing in the nude in that superman piece, like, what circumstances would lead to lois lane being buck-ass naked, standing there waiting for superman to embrace her

mera is nude too but she's a) a queen and also b) underwater and also also c) surprising Aquaman, so, there's some motivation there, but lois? why is she nude? and why do I give a shit about a pinup piece to that extent
Look, if there's anyone who is the top in that relationship it's Lois.

Edit: Neck and neck.

ElNarez

Banned
Oh also, old numbering is cool when it allows a comic to be tethered to a tangible history you can refer to. Like, there's been, in one form or another, a Detective Comics book on the shelves since 1937, there's been an Action Comics since 1938, continuously, except when their title characters died or John Byrne was writing the defining story of 80s Superman.

It doesn't work when Venom does it, because the 150 number comes from adding together a whole mess of miniseries, plus four volumes of the ongoing that are separated by years. (Like, there's two years between the end of Venom volume 2 and the start of Venom: Space Knight, which is the next solo Venom book)

Marvel has done all that it could in order for their books to have no history. Which is why renumbering to bring back old numbers is meaningless. And if it's all they've got, well: they're fucked.

Messi

65e4698935f97c0155a482856d492c77.jpg

Yeah

Sandfox

Such a pointless idea, the renumbering isn't why DC is doing so well.
I'm guessing it has more do with fatigue over Marvel releasing new volumes at #1 and other complaints from older fans related to it. Even the regulars here poke at that. I have actually wondering what Marvel would with the numbering for a while now with my solution being to give the legacy characters the original numbering.

Oh also, old numbering is cool when it allows a comic to be tethered to a tangible history you can refer to. Like, there's been, in one form or another, a Detective Comics book on the shelves since 1937, there's been an Action Comics since 1938, continuously, except when their title characters died or John Byrne was writing the defining story of 80s Superman.

It doesn't work when Venom does it, because the 150 number comes from adding together a whole mess of miniseries, plus four volumes of the ongoing that are separated by years. (Like, there's two years between the end of Venom volume 2 and the start of Venom: Space Knight, which is the next solo Venom book)

Marvel has done all that it could in order for their books to have no history. Which is why renumbering to bring back old numbers is meaningless. And if it's all they've got, well: they're fucked.
That's what confused me about the Venom renumbering. As far as I know, it's all just been mini series and limited runs. And of ALL the series they could have renumbered, they didn't pick Amazing Spider-Man, or Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, or Uncanny X-Men. You know, actual long-running franchises that are iconic and people give a shit about.

Sandfox

That's what confused me about the Venom renumbering. As far as I know, it's all just been mini series and limited runs. And of ALL the series they could have renumbered, they didn't pick Amazing Spider-Man, or Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, or Uncanny X-Men. You know, actual long-running franchises that are iconic and people give a shit about.
I think Venom is/was a test before they do it to other books in addition to them wanting to celebrate it.

Has the new volume of Venom explained what happened between Flash and the symbiote yet?

That is the only Venom story I would care to read right now

If reviews mean Logan was really good, they should say that. The best wolverine movie or the best Xmen movie ever is not working for me as a gauge of quality.

If reviews mean Logan was really good, they should say that. The best wolverine movie or the best Xmen movie ever is not working for me as a gauge of quality.

Quality is subjective anyway, though, so the only validity that type of rating carries is held by you in regards to the person saying it.

Messi

If they reboot Tron with Leto and no Olivia I might just cry :'(

Dont do this to me Disney. Quorra deserves to live.

Malyse

so.

Where's Logan on:
  1. the list of Fox Marvel movies?
  2. the list of all Marvel movies?
  3. the list of superhero movies?
  4. the list of comic book movies?

Top Bottom