• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Messi

BNwRGk5.png

Oh shit, they let us do another one. We didn't plan this far ahead. I am so sorry. The title is probably dreadful too. OT creation was a mistake.

MjiFuna.png

9U2phfC.png

7vARfHs.png

WIJMFKg.png

Batman Annual #1 by King, Snyder, Dini, Orlando, Finch and more (Nov 30th) - A hush of winter snowfall has fallen over Gotham City…but a quiet night in this place is never truly quiet.
Catwoman Election Night #1 by Finch, Russell, Davis and Caldwell (Nov 2nd) - It’s mayoral election time in Gotham City, and while the city is up in arms, Catwoman couldn’t care less! But when the candidates get personal, the Feline Fatale decides to get involved. Bonus story contains the ending of Prez (Remember when we were going to get a 2nd series of 6 issues? Me either)
DC Bombshells #19 By Bennett, Andolfo, Braga, Jarrell (Nov 2nd) One of DC's best titles continues - The Batgirls are back! A mysteriously cloaked shadow calling himself “The Reaper” is upset at the events that occurred last time with Harvey Dent, and is determined to nip the problem in the bud—Dr. Hugo Strange
Frostbite #3 By Williamson, Alexander (Nov 23rd) - Keaton has managed to get Vic out of Los Angeles, but the trouble is only just starting. The mysterious Boss Burns knows the precious cargo that Vic is carrying, and he wants it for himself.
Gotham Academy Second Semester #3 by Fletcher, Kerchl, Cloonan, Archer and more (Nov 9th) - Could it be? Maps Mizoguchi has abandoned Detective Club for…Witch Club?! The gang refuses to believe that their fearless cartographer would ever betray them.
Harley Quinn #7 By Conner, Palmiotti, Timms (Nov 2nd) – Final issue of the Eat to this Beat storyline and with that hopefully an end to the dreadful punk rock Harley costume and even worse covers. Bleh.
Raven #3 By Wolfman, Borges (Nov 16th) - San Francisco goes on high alert when a strange, glowing orb begins to consume the city itself! Can Raven save her new friends and her new home from this mysterious and powerful force? Please buy this book.
Superman #10 By Tomasi, Gleason, Gray (Nov 2nd) - or the first time, the Man of Tomorrow and the Boy of Steel team up with the Caped Crusader and the Boy Wonder in a father-son adventure you won’t want to miss! This is going to be the best book. Prime team back in action. Gleason/Gray gonna slay.
Sheriff of Babylon #12 By King, Gerads (Nov 2nd) – I am not reading the solicit, final issue of season 1 of this book. Its been amazing. I am sure this will be heartbreaking. You will be buying it if you are already reading the series. If not buy the trades. Its a great fucking book.

JFdUdai.png

whiv2zM.png

Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye #2 By Way, Riveria, Oeming (Nov 16th) - Something is rotten in the subterranean state of Muldroog, the ancestral home of Cave’s wife Eileen, forcing Cave to step out of adventurer retirement to solve this mystery.
Doom Patrol #3 By Way, Derington (Nov 9th) - Casey Brinke has stepped through to the other side—but where exactly is that? Given all the bizarre, unexplainable things that have come into her life over the last couple of days—robot men and talking ambulances and a guy who literally thrives on negative energy—surely this new and surprising world she has uncovered can’t be any weirder. Right?
Mother Panic #1 By Houser, Edwards (Nov 9th) - Meet Violet Paige, a celebutante with a bad attitude and a temper to match, who no one suspects of having anything lying beneath the surface of her outrageous exploits. But Violet isn’t just another bored heiress in the upper echelons of Gotham City’s elite.

KJWHGew.png

4YhN4Pn.png

8nFnJGR.png

VPdKRC0.png

Avengers #1 By Waid, Del Mundo (Nov 2nd) - Their ranks shattered by Civil War (LOL), their spirits weighted down by a toll both personal and spiritual, Earth’s Mightiest Heroes must find the resolve to stand united one final time against their greatest foe! KANG!
Ghost Rider #1 By Smith, Moore, Beyruth (Nov 30th) - It’s hell on wheels as the Spirit of Vengeance makes his roaring return! A mysterious object from space crash-lands in southern California, drawing some of the brightest minds in the Marvel Universe to Ghost Rider’s backyard – including the Totally Awesome Hulk! 
Invincible Iron Man #1 By Bendis, Caselli (Nov 9th) - From the violent streets of Chicago, a new armored hero rises! Clad in her very own Iron Man armor, Riri Williams is ready to show the Marvel Universe what she can do as the self-made hero of tomorrow.
IvX #0 – Soule, Rocafort (Nov 30th) - This issue sets the stage for the upcoming Inhumans vs. X-Men mega-event! Learn who the major players will be, plus the seeds of the incredible plan that will unfold in IVX #1. This is some marvel bullshit lol.
Ms Marvel #13 By Wilson, Andolfo (Nov 30th) - It's a new chapter for Kamala Khan! But it's lonely out there for a super hero when Ms. Marvel's loved ones no longer have her back.
Occupy Avengers #1 By Walker, Pacheco (Nov 2nd) - Super heroes – they’re a privileged class. Doing what they want, when they want and suffering no consequences. They have no regard for the ordinary people who are left behind to suffer in their wake. Who will stand up for the little guy? Its the boy Hawkeye
Spider-Man: Renew your vows #1 By Conway, Stegman (Nov 9th) - Life is good for Peter Parker and Mary Jane; their daughter Annie is their pride and joy, they’re both working and (barely) making ends meet, they’re keeping the streets of New York City safe from super villains…you know, normal family stuff. Oh, did we mention MJ and Annie have Spider-Powers
Unworthy Thor #1 by Aaron, Coipel (Nov 2nd) - Odinson’s desperate search to regain his worthiness has taken him out into the cosmos, where he’s learned of the existence of a mysterious other Mjolnir. This is gonna be epic. Aaron and Coipel? Yes fucking please.
World of Wakanda #1 By Coates, Gay, Harvey, Martinez and Richardson (Nov 9th) - You know them now as The Midnight Angels, but in this story they are just Ayo and Aneka, young women recruited to become Dora Milaje, an elite task force trained to protect the crown at all costs. What happens when your nation needs your hearts and minds, but you already gave them to each other?

XGRzjbw.png

nWl7fPr.png

rt8fv3O.png

BPRD #147 By Mignola, Arcudi, Campbell (Nov 16th) - Liz Sherman blew up the center of the earth to stop the spread of the frog men with which the Black Flame planned to overrun the world. Although she killed that Black Flame, the devastation Liz wrought brought about a new Black Flame and a more terrifying worldwide wave of monsters.
Briggs Land #4 By Wood, Chater, Loughridge (Nov 16th) - Caleb Briggs, Grace’s eldest son and a member of the white power movement, attempts to intimidate a local business owner into selling. When that fails, he calls in the troops.
Ether #1 By Kindt, Rubin (Nob 16th) - Boone Dias is an interdimensional explorer, a scientist from Earth who has stumbled into great responsibility. He’s got an explanation for everything, so of course the Ether’s magical residents turn to him to solve their toughest crimes. But maybe keeping the real and the abstract separate is too big a job for just one man
Harrow County #18 By Bunn, Mc Neil (Nov 23rd) - Emmy has just learned about the mysterious group of powerful beings that call themselves her family. But they’ve been around since before Harrow County ever existed. 
Lady Killer 2 #3 By Joelle Jones (Nov Probably) - Life in Florida gets a little twisted for Josie when she learns about the dark past of her mother-in-law and the connection to her new partner.
Usagi Yojimbo #159 By Sakai (Nov 23rd) - the rabbit ronin comes across a little girl cowering behind a tree. At first thinking she is alone, Usagi swiftly takes her under his protection after finding her father lying dead nearby.

NYcocbE.png

7uKzFBL.png

6c9SqIP.png

rrq5XZJ.png

AD After Death #1 By Snyder, Lemire (Nov 23rd) - Set in a future where a genetic cure for death has been found. Years after the discovery, one man starts to question everything, leading him on a mind-bending journey that will bring him face-to-face with his past and his own mortality.
Black Monday Murders #4 By Hickman Coker (Nov 9th) - Been waiting to find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes? Join us for a Rothschild funeral as the heads of the world’s secret houses of money attend.
Chew #60 Layman, Guillory (Nov 23rd) – It's finally over :(. The final issue of this amazing series. It will go down as one of comic's best works. Big props to everyone involved. Last issue. Double sized. Trifold cover.
Frontier #1 By Hickman (Nov 30th) - It’s like Star Trek, but super depressing. Seriously. Not a joke. The final frontier...is a total bummer.
Monstress #8 By Liu, Takeda (Nov 30th) - The hunt for answers takes Maika and her friends out to sea...
Revival #44 By Seely, Norton, Englert (Nov 2nd) - Em and Weaver Fannie recount the tales of their amazing daughters as General Cale launches a campaign to seize control of life and death itself.
Saga #40 By Vaughn, Staples (Nov 30th) - It’s all fun and games until...
Violent Love #1 By Barbiere, Santos (Nov 9th) - Daisy Jane and Rock Bradley were two of the most notorious bank robbers in the American Southwest. And then they fell in love.
Wicked + Divine #23 – Gillen, WADA, McKelvie, Wilson (Nov 2nd) - Welcome to the November 2014 issue of Pantheon Monthly. Exclusive interviews with all your favorite gods. Plus! The first photographs of the Morrigan ever!

E2GM1zw.png

jREJ63n.png

LxKivzP.png

Batman/TMNT Adventures #1 By Manning, Sommariva (Nov 9th) - When villains start to mysteriously escape Arkham, Batman seeks to track them down. What happens when he discovers that they have left Gotham completely… and entered the TMNT's New York City?
Jem & The Holograms #21 By Thompson, Mclaren (Nov 23rd) - JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS search for Shana’s replacement as Shana gets everything she hoped for… but is it what she really wants? 
MASK #1 By Easton, Vargas (Nov 30th) - The M.A.S.K. team streaks into a dangerous, unstable landscape of dark wars, high intrigue and non-stop action where they’ll encounter the nearly unstoppable threat of Miles Mayhem and his black ops squadron known as V.E.N.O.M. 
Rom #5 By Ryall, Cage, Messina (Nov 30th) - The Revolution is ended. Rom is more alone than ever in his fight against the Dire Wraiths? Or is he? Introducing two armored faces very familiar to Rom… but whose side are they on?
TMNT #64 By Waltz, Eastman, Wachter (Nov 23rd) - he war between the Street Phantoms and the Foot Clan comes to a shocking conclusion, and only one will remain when the dust settles! The Turtles will test their limits in a shocking finale!
Yakuza Demon Killers #1 By Chauhan, Powell (Nov 16th) - When a museum heist goes wrong, a damaged thief named Ochita becomes trapped in the middle of a battle between a horde of demons and the merciless Yakuza. No matter who wins, humanity loses.

0SXnYIb.png

fCIX7FH.png

3gyprjV.png

Valiant comics presented by our resident Valiant super-fan LaunchpadMcQ

HARBINGER RENEGADES #1
Six months have passed since the battle with Harada left the Renegades broken. Now, as the
ramifications of these events are felt across the globe, Kris Hathaway must gather the Renegades once more to face the consequences of their actions and protect the Psiots they’ve turned the world against. I was told to expect some trippy Doom Patrol-type stuff.

SAVAGE #1
Welcome back, Turok! After being unable to regain the rights to the Gold Key characters when they relaunched, Valiant has been slowly adding facsimiles to those characters to its universe. This doesn’t really sound like an actual solicit, so what is this comic actually about? DINOSAURS!

GENERATION ZERO #4
Generation Zero further investigates the town of Rook, Michigan as more of its secrets begin to unravel. But really, we’re mostly tuning in for Gamete the Super Fetus and the rest of Van Lente’s crazy cast of characters. Yes, there’s a character that is a fetus. Yes, you should be reading this book.

BLOODSHOT U.S.A. #2
It’s Bloodshot vs Bloodshot vs Ninjak, as the infection of New York City by the nanite virus continues. Can Bloodshot win against 8 million of himself and convince Unity this is totally not his fault? There’s one thing you can expect - there’s going to be a lot blood!

BRITANNIA #3
After realizing that this book is pretty good despite the gratuitous amounts of old man nudity, tensions are high as Antonius’ investigation is delving deep into the supernatural and he must work with an unlikely ally to uncover the mystery of these demons. However, will his mind be able to handle the strain? Hey, who would have thought Milligan in 2016 was a good thing?

FAITH #5
2016 Election Special! In a weird move that calls back to that Amazing Spider-Man issue with Obama, Faith meets Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton! And while her alter-ego is the one who will be meeting Clinton, it is her superhero persona who will inevitably save the day! What impending threat will Faith have to save the Presidential nominee from, at a crucial moment with all of America watching?

hgdPBL8.png

zHvf0gi.png

W3xsFxB.png

Giant Days #20 By Allison, Sarin, Fleming (Nov 2nd) - The second year begins! When Esther, Daisy and Susan discover that every piece of furniture in their new home was destroyed by the previous occupants, they head to IKEA, where things get complicated.
Grand Passion #1 By Robinson, Feister (Nov 16th) - Doc's a cop. Mabel's a crook. They're two wayward souls, fated to fall in love at first sight... even as Mabel swears to kill Doc if it's the last thing she does. 
Josie & The Pussycats #2 By Bennett, Deordio, Mok (Nov 2nd) - As the girls look to play their first gig outside Riverdale, they run into some unexpected complications. Can they bust up a crime ring, help the criminals see the error of their ways, and jump-start the band's music career, all through the power of rock, friendship, and, Melody assures us, entirely legitimate comic book science?
Lumberjanes Gotham Academy #6 By Clugston-Flores, Matthews, Matthews, Ayoub (Nov 9th) - The Lumberjanes and Gotham Academy kids have finally got to the truth of things, but is it too late to fix the spell? 
Motor Girl #1 By the incredible Terry Moore (Nov 2nd) - When Samantha's junkyard is visited by a UFO looking for spare parts, she is only too happy to oblige. But when word gets out she is a reliable source, Sam's booming alien business catches the attention of an Area 51 investigator determined to shut her down!
Tank Girl Gold #2 By Martin, Parsons (Nov 9th) - There may be no "I" in team but there's certainly a "U" in onslaught! Break out your jock straps and crash helmets, folks; we're going full contact for theTank Girl Gold Super Sports Special!

NteGOUr.png

New to comics? Check out Zombine's Start Up Guide! (This is a bit outdated, but Zombine has expressed a desire to update it (lol). Feel free to ask us for any advice! We love to help you spend money.)
Help support my name is ed! His comic Rage Against the Jackal is available digitally on Comixology!
Also keep an eye out for Bish's upcoming comic Savage Empire featuring art by Jim Roy Jimenez!
Check out The Gamma Gals created by Figboy79!
Like Black Panther? Join in on the Black Panther OT where users post their impressions of the current series

Whether you read webcomics, ongoings, or even if you just stick to trades-- everyone is welcome to post their thoughts here. Unless you are a Valiant fan, if you are a Valiant fan please find somewhere else to talk about their comics, thank you for understanding.

Members in ComicsGAF are expected to follow the NeoGAF TOS just like everyone else. I know it can be hard, but try and be excellent to your fellow members guys (Except Zombine, he deserves the shit he gets).

didG1RA.png

We've been having some talk of spoilers a lot lately, so I figured it's a good idea to have a section for it.
-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a comic (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
-Think about whether or not you would have liked to have a moment spoiled on you before reading it. Use discretion when posting spoilers. You know people love Saga/Deadly Class try not to openly post huge spoilers even if they are months old. Link to them and tag them properly.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

w1noChM.png

A book you didn't know existed until I posted about in the thread. Thats how important it was to you.

Glitterbomb deserved love.

Actually I came across it when looking over the January solicits. I saw the cover for #3 and was like ! Nice cover!! Johnathan Hickman!?!? #1 in November!!??!? Also it's now coming out on Nov. 30th. It will get delayed again and make this entire chain of events completely irrelevant.

Messi

Stjepan Sejics mother died today :(. He was having a really good and fun time in the past few days too. The world fucking sucks sometimes.

A valiant section warms the heart.

Should be the very first one tho.

You'll get it right one of these days, i'm sure.

...when did you guys change the spoiler thang from 1 day to 1 week?
-

wait what, why is sledgehammer in that BDPR cover?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I totally missed Robbie's Ghost Rider coming back, when was this announced?

Messi

A valiant section warms the heart.

Should be the very first one tho.

You'll get it right one of these days, i'm sure.

...when did you guys change the spoiler thang from 1 day to 1 week?

long time ago. Still doesn't work but whatever.

I totally missed Robbie's Ghost Rider coming back, when was this announced?

A few months ago. Around the announcement of the TV stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When they did the full announcements for marvel 2.0. We actually talked about the preview here because the villain looks so dumb

Did I miss any other announcements then?

Rhaknar

Oops I got the announcement time messed. What they said.

I feel like she hulk was also announced later than the rest

I know about Emo She Hulk so I guess I only missed Robbie coming back.

Boogiepop

My descent into Valiant continues, as I just finished Harbinger Wars in the Valiant reading order. Man, was kind of weird seeing the exact same scenes keep repeating (which they did manage to thankfully largely keep consistent) over all 3 titles. And now it's time to continue on from the Bloodshots and Harbingers into all kinds of different stuff, looking at the list!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My November pulls

Black Monday Murders #4
Chew #60
Deadly Class #24
Glitterbomb #3
Horizon #5
The Hunt #5
Kill or Be Killed #4
Lake of Fire #4
Moonshine #2
Nailbiter #26
Revival #44
Saga #40
Seven to Eternity #3
Shutter #24
Southern Bastards #15
Surgeon X #3
Violent Love #1
The Walking Dead #160
Wayward #18
The Wicked + The Divine #23

Animosity #3

Black Hammer #3

Messi

My November pulls

Black Monday Murders #4
Chew #60
Deadly Class #24
Glitterbomb #3
Horizon #5
The Hunt #5
Kill or Be Killed #4
Lake of Fire #4
Moonshine #2
Nailbiter #26
Revival #44
Saga #40
Seven to Eternity #3
Shutter #24
Southern Bastards #15
Surgeon X #3
Violent Love #1
The Walking Dead #160
Wayward #18
The Wicked + The Divine #23

Animosity #3

Black Hammer #3

Do you just send image a blank cheque or how does that work?

My descent into Valiant continues, as I just finished Harbinger Wars in the Valiant reading order. Man, was kind of weird seeing the exact same scenes keep repeating (which they did manage to thankfully largely keep consistent) over all 3 titles. And now it's time to continue on from the Bloodshots and Harbingers into all kinds of different stuff, looking at the list!

Approvingnod.gif

Ponn

Banned
I'm going to support the shit out of Renew Your Vows and M.A.S.K. Never trust someone named Miles Mayhem.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Brian an Image shill confirmed.

Oh I push my books all over net. Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and anywhere else people are looking for recs I will be there to tell them to read Manifest Destiny. I even got one of my favorite podcasters to try it. They shouted me out on Twitter for it and guess who responded to that Tweet? Chelsea Motherfucking Caine! She's a big Manifest Destiny fan too.

Ross61

Wonder if the book Mark Russell pitched is another Hanna Barbera book or an actual DC character. Don't know who I'd put him on tho. Maybe Green Arrow if Percy wasn't killing it.

Oh I push my books all over net. Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and anywhere else people are looking for recs I will be there to tell them to read Manifest Destiny. I even got one of my favorite podcasters to try it. They shouted me out on Twitter for it and guess who responded to that Tweet? Chelsea Motherfucking Caine! She's a big Manifest Destiny fan too.

Manifest is a great book. I'm a few issues behind. I need to catch up and stop buying quite so much of this Marvel fiddle-faddle.

Wonder if the book Mark Russell pitched is another Hanna Barbera book or an actual DC character. Don't know who I'd put him on tho. Maybe Green Arrow if Percy wasn't killing it.

DC has been killing it with those Hanna-Barbera books. It's crazy how relevant Flintstones has been.

TheFlow

Banned
A comic gaf pod cast with rotating members and special guest by people like slayven would be something Amazing for next year. All those accents

VanWinkle

Messi, real talk, great job on that OP. I read through the whole thing. Loved how many comics you showcased. Really helps me as someone who doesn't actually read single issues to keep track of what's going on.

Top Bottom