• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Oh, I promptly threw it into the garbage, where it belonged and ordered another one.

Fingers crossed.

:p

Did you DIY fix it?

I think i pushed it out of my memory and try not to think about it....i'm pretty sure i left it alone and one day i'm just going to decide to read my backlog and out comes weirdo page with extra edges. Or maybe that was an Absolute edition that i did an exchange for, i think that's what it was.

VanWinkle

I know EXACTLY how you feel...

This is my Swamp Thing Deluxe Edition. There was a crease inside the book and at first I'm like "No big deal" then I open it out and it reaches past the rest of the book cause it never reached the paper trimmer... -___-

Other than that unfortunate mess, how is the quality of the hardcover? I assume it's a glued binding instead of sewn?

digital comics are terrible. Paper comics are the past, present, and future....

I do love print comics, but I'm really warming up to digital with my new tablet. Comics look AMAZING on it. But, yeah, the nice big art is great in print.

Aizo

Banned
Happy October!
Point me in the right direction for all the Fall and Halloween themed comics I should be reading (new or old), please!

VanWinkle

I honestly really really love the TV show Gotham. I'm all caught up now and it's easily my favorite comic book show. Wasn't expecting that at all.

It's both Sewn/Glued, and besides the horrible, disgusting mess a printer error made of it, it is a very nice book.

Oh, nice. I would like to get it soon.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ugh, just reading all this Scott Allie stuff. Why...? My quest to catch up on the Hellboy universe just got really uncomfortable.

I didn't see this get shared: SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: DEADSHOT/KATANA COMING IN JANUARY!
cMOtzh8.jpg
Double-sized, six-Issue Anthology Series to Feature the Suicide Squad’s Two Deadliest Members

Two of Amanda Waller’s most lethal weapons get their time in the spotlight with this six-issue miniseries coming in January 2016!

In a story written by Brian Buccellato with art by Viktor Bogdanovic and Richard Friend, Deadshot is on the run after escaping Belle Reve Penetentiary, taking on a series of new contracts and reestablishing himself as the world’s deadliest marksman. But things are about to get complicated for Floyd Lawton when a figure from his past threatens to expose a dark secret… and Deadshot gets word of his next target : Lex Luthor!

Writer Mike W. Barr returns to the character he co-created in “Cult of the Kobra,” with art by Diogenes Neves! In this new tale, Katana endeavors to save an entire nation from takeover by the mystical threat of Kobra. But first, she’s going to have to learn the origin of her sword Soultaker, if she’s to maintain control over it instead of falling under its influence.

I'm not particularly interested in those characters, but I do think it's worthwhile for DC to experiment in more anthology styled books that could provide outlets for less popular characters. Maybe something more like Wednesday Comics crossed with Dark Horse Presents... give all kinds of creators a chance to do both standalone and serialized with a wide variety of characters. Use this as a chance to introduce readers to more minor characters, rather than going straight to short-lived ongoings.

Gift giving advice, guys? My girl is a fan of Saga, Rat Queens and Atomic Robo. I don't want books or art but I'd love to find some kind toys, figures, or clothes based on these series. Any ideas where to look for such items? The Image website hasn't been helpful.
Atomic Robo stuff: http://tesladyne.myshopify.com/collections/all The shirts are only in men's cuts at the moment.

ElNarez

Banned
Ugh, just reading all this Scott Allie stuff. Why...? My quest to catch up on the Hellboy universe just got really uncomfortable.

I didn't see this get shared: SUICIDE SQUAD MOST WANTED: DEADSHOT/KATANA COMING IN JANUARY!

I'm not particularly interested in those characters, but I do think it's worthwhile for DC to experiment in more anthology styled books that could provide outlets for less popular characters. Maybe something more like Wednesday Comics crossed with Dark Horse Presents... give all kinds of creators a chance to do both standalone and serialized with a wide variety of characters. Use this as a chance to introduce readers to more minor characters, rather than going straight to short-lived ongoings.

Atomic Robo stuff: http://tesladyne.myshopify.com/collections/all The shirts are only in men's cuts at the moment.

Of note: this was originally announced as a Katana solo miniseries, so feel free to speculate on whatever that means.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Loki #10 - amazing issue following Axis, Loki is back to normal (whatever that means since he wasn't fucking evil in the first place these days) and pays a visit to his buddy Veritas, Odinson shows up to apologize for Axis (I wish Remender would apologize for Axis) but then since Loki can't lie now he reveals what happened to kid Loki and Odinson is royaly pissed, beats him up and takes him to Asgard. Great stuff all around, I REALLY need to read that kid Loki stuff one of these as.

Oh yeah, Loki's reversion in Axis makes no sense since he wasn't even a villain these days, in fact he was trying to be good, and the inversion turned him into a hero...what? God I hate Axis, I hate it so much it makes me think less of Remender and all his work tbh.

Moon Knight #11 - Spector is crazy yo. Moon Knight continues its great run, yes even when Ellis left and everyone bailed. This "Spector in the looney bin because Kanshu left him" arc is great and I'm really curious to see where they go with it, especially since it seems the ANAD book will continue this angle judging from that cover.

Of note: this was originally announced as a Katana solo miniseries, so feel free to speculate on whatever that means.

"nobody seems to care about katana but everyone is pure hype for the SS movie so let's shove deadshot into this thing to get it to do better"

besada

Banned
I just re-read all of Incognito, Sleeper, and Criminal by Brubaker and Phillips. I need more. So much more.

I also read Manifest Destiny, which I really enjoyed. How can you not like Lewis and Clark and Sacagewa kicking monster ass in the unsettled Louisiana Purchase?

Now I'm out of good stuff to read again.

Owzers

I just re-read all of Incognito, Sleeper, and Criminal by Brubaker and Phillips. I need more. So much more.

I also read Manifest Destiny, which I really enjoyed. How can you not like Lewis and Clark and Sacagewa kicking monster ass in the unsettled Louisiana Purchase?

Nailbiter vol 1!

Sandfox

They still had to plaster #1 all over the place. They went through a phase where a #7 issue might have a big ol' #1 on it just to denote the beginning of a new storyline. Those were dark days.

By "new number 1s" I assumed that Busaiku was referring to Marvel's next relaunch. Wave 2 of ANAD Marvel will probably hit in 12-16 months from now after some books have run their course.

By "new number 1s" I'm assumed that Busaiku was referring to Marvel's next relaunch. Wave 2 of ANAD Marvel will probably hit in 12-16 months from now after some books have run their course.

I'm waiting to see how many books survive the first six months.

Also really looking forward to ANAD Blade, whenever it actually starts.

Have you read 100%? It's good shit.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
October already. Damn..

(Bought Mad Love btw, should be here soon. Thanks again for all that suggested)

that's a good-ass Nord cover

I'm not particularly interested in those characters, but I do think it's worthwhile for DC to experiment in more anthology styled books that could provide outlets for less popular characters. Maybe something more like Wednesday Comics crossed with Dark Horse Presents... give all kinds of creators a chance to do both standalone and serialized with a wide variety of characters. Use this as a chance to introduce readers to more minor characters, rather than going straight to short-lived ongoings..
Looks pretty cool
dat Ultimates art tho o_O
Yooooo

It was non-uniform day at the school I work at yesterday, it was amazing. So many kids (boys and girls) dressed as Iron Man, Spiderman, Superman, Batman (and 1 Ant Man). Iron Man was the overall favourite.

So I woke up this morning and checked my subscriptions and what do I see at the bottom but... "COMICS! |OT| October 2015 blah blah blah," LOCKED. Oh noooooooo

how was the Grayson annual? honestly I found the last one to be the weakest issue of the series, is this of the same quality?

I enjoyed it. Supes/Dick is a fun team up, wish they'd do that more often. Not as strong as the most recent for-real issue, but really, what is?

Happy October!
Point me in the right direction for all the Fall and Halloween themed comics I should be reading (new or old), please!

Um... does Long Halloween count?

Place your best on how long All New, All Different will last before new number 1s.

6 months, tops.

Zombine

Banned

In a world where Low releases month to month you'll never be out of at least 1 good book to read. Go read Black Hole if you can. I freaking loved it.

Also, you might appreciate Jorodowsky's The White Lama. It's a beautiful book from beginning to end. Bouncer drops this month as well, so there's some good shit on the horizon.

Oh yeah, Loki's reversion in Axis makes no sense since he wasn't even a villain these days, in fact he was trying to be good, and the inversion turned him into a hero...what? God I hate Axis, I hate it so much it makes me think less of Remender and all his work tbh.

Loki's inversion wasn't from evil to good, but more from god of lies to god of truth.

Makes more sense when you consider the metanarrative Ewing is going for.

Plenty more Brubaker out there, m8. You read all the criminals?

Didn't realize it was Archie week this week!

Was good. Feels like Staples is starting to phone it in a little, though. Jughead is kind of a badass. Writing continues to be top-notch.

Hmm I got this feeling too, a bit. What made you feel this way specifically, though?

Some of the faces and anatomy seems... off. Expressions lack a little of the detail, too. Like, page 3 (Comixology page 3, so actual first page), at the bottom, where Jughead pulls Archie out of the way of the car, his whole face is like a handful of lines and some dots. It's actually pretty weird looking (at work or would post pics).

I think she's either bored or just looking forward to wrapping things up.

Mindwipe

The Eternal Warrior minis are not worth it. However, the following definitely are:

The Valiant
Archer & Armstrong Vol 1 & 2
Unity Vol 1-5
Book of Death #1

(Btw buy the singles, they are cheaper)

vv MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

Agreed. Though they're already cheap, I will probably just get the trades to keep my CMX library easier to manage of the few Unity books I don't have.

Edit: Though holy shit that's a big price difference on Eternal Warrior. Why the hell was the trade so expensive in the first place?

I'll probably pick up the rest of Alex & Ada too.

Top Bottom