• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to PS3... Girl Fight!

Nags

Banned
Searched and didn't find anything, burn with fire if old.

2146361-box_gfight.png

Girl Fight allows players to choose from an array of sexy fighters to battle their way out of The Foundation, a shadowy, scientific organization looking to weaponize the psionic fighting abilities of the cast of gorgeous, all-female fighters.

With unlimited funding and no moral or ethical compass, The Foundation collects its test subjects from all around the world, often abducting and plugging women into their virtual construct known as The Mainframe. To make it back to reality, the women must utilize their fighting and psionic abilities in an all-out battle for survival.

http://www.ign.com/games/girl-fight/ps3-128491

There is a trailer on the PS Store, but this one is um, deeper.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/vuupvi/girl-fight-gdc-2012--gameplay-walkthrough

This looks hilariously bad and offensively bad at the same time.

Dibs on the OT.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Still see GAF in the logo.

Also, MICROPROSE.

EDIT: Wait, Microproge!? The hell is this?

This doesn't look too bad, especially for a non-Japanese developed fighter and I'll probably give it a chance if it is priced properly. Hopefully, it turns out decent. I rather see developers trying stuff like this sometimes instead of nothing but generic shooters and FPS's all the time.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Whatever happened to Rumble Roses?

Nags

Banned
My first time hearing about it, but yeah, I suppose it is old. But they did put up a new trailer for it on PSN yesterday.

Pimpbaa

I'm the kinda guy who likes scantily clad girls in everything, but this look boring.

Mako_Drug said:
Looks marginally better than DoA at least.

No it doesn't. DOA5+ on Vita looks better than this.

weevles

Looks DOA-ish yes.

Honestly, it doesn't look especially bad, just boring/unoriginal overall.

The character who can do the Predator-like cloak is an interesting idea though...

Trike

What the hell? A game featuring women only that isn't demeaning and features a fully fleshed out story? You guys are focusing too much on the skimpy clothing. Olympic athletes wear little clothing because it makes them very aerodynamic. These fighters need everything they have if they want to escape the mysterious "The Foundation". Look at the quote from the OP, and I dare you to tell me it is misogynistic and not full of suspense and intrigue.

...Fight allows players to choose from an array of (...) fighters to battle their way out of The Foundation, a shadowy, scientific organization looking to weaponize the psionic fighting abilities of the cast of (...) fighters.

With (...)limited funding and no moral or ethical compass, Kung Fu Factory The Foundation collects its test subjects from all around the world, often abducting and plugging (people) into their virtual construct known as The Mainframe. To make it back to reality, the (people) must utilize their fighting and psionic abilities in an all-out battle for survival.

Wow, psionic powers, fighting, shadowy science organization, and fighting for survival? I underlined, bolded, and italicized some of the more intriguing story info. Who is the "The Foundation"? What is "The Mainframe? Why do people think video games are just for horny boys? Why are the abducting people? So many questions that need top must be answered. I think I speak for everyone when I say "Sign me up!"

They should totally pay me for PR now

What the hell? A game featuring women only that isn't demeaning and features a fully fleshed out story? You guys are focusing too much on the skimpy clothing. Olympic athletes wear little clothing because it makes them very aerodynamic. These fighters need everything they have if they want to escape the mysterious "The Foundation". Look at the quote from the OP, and I dare you to tell me it is misogynistic and not full of suspense and intrigue.

Wow, psionic powers, fighting, shadowy science organization, and fighting for survival? I underlined, bolded, and italicized some of the more intriguing story info. Who is the "The Foundation"? What is "The Mainframe? Why do people think video games are just for horny boys? Why are the abducting people? So many questions that need top must be answered. I think I speak for everyone when I say "Sign me up!"

They should totally pay me for PR now

"abducting and plugging"

eurgh

dreamfall

The GT video said both XBLA and PSN.

The guy describing the story- hilariously ridiculous. Psionic powers and the Foundation!

CamHostage

LTTP indeed...

I thought for sure this game was canceled since I hadn't heard anything more about it since its 2012 release plan came and went (and wasn't this game delisted from Xbox.com a while ago? and didn't former publisher Majesco nearly file for bankrupcy again?), but according to the KFF Facebook page, it's still on and due this Fall.

https://www.facebook.com/girlfightgame

But whatever, it's cheese for the rats, I'm well past the "this one is for the boys!" part of the game market, we should be much more concerned about the bad tropes in games meant to be for everybody. If hooters sell, make a few games all about the hooters, that's fine.

Top Bottom