• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command & Conquer 3

DMczaf

MageLord said:
looks like there's a new site up on the C&C homepage: http://www.commandandconquer.ea.com
(excitment building)

site.jpg

*masturbates*

They must bring back Kane.

They must BRING BACK KANE.

THEY MUST BRING BACK.....KANE!!!!!

FOR THE BROTHERHOOD!

For reference guys, Tiberium is harmless. Anyone who played C&C already knows that.

BTW - why do they look like StarCraft marines? Ripoff am total (j/k) :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Cold-Steel said:
But is the actor who plays him back? It wouldn't be the same without him.

Kane was a badass back in the day.

Ah, that's a good question. I'm not sure, they haven't started recording yet according to the PCGamer article, so nothing's certain on that front yet AFAIK.

NOD was so much better than the GDI in Tiberian Sun. With NOD forces (talking about launch game version), you could obliterate anyone's ability to compete with the underground APC and five engineers in under 5 MINUTES.

Tiberian Sun had so many good ideas going for it, setting forests on fire to create obstacles for the enemy, a dynamic lighting engine for day and night battles - purposely including watchtowers as a building you NEEDED to spot the enemy approaching at night.

NONE of these ideas made it into the final version.

I remember reading that a GDI sniper could take out the lights of a watchtower so your units could advance in under the cover of darkness VERSUS getting obliterated by a guard tower's turret. So much potential.

Not only that, but the Nuke beat the living shit out of the Ion Cannon. The Hand of NOD was cool as well, just this GIANT motherfucking laser beam that obliterated the shit out of anyone who came close to it.

Nuke = 10 nearly dead buildings.
Ion Cannon = 1 nearly dead building, if not dead completely.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I agree with Cold-Steel, Joseph Kucan rules. IIRC he is still working @ EA so here's hoping :D

Kane = best VG evil commander ever.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Cold-Steel said:
NOD was so much better than the GDI in Tiberian Sun. With NOD forces (talking about launch game version), you could obliterate anyone's ability to compete with the underground APC and five engineers in under 5 MINUTES.

Tiberian Sun had so many good ideas going for it, setting forests on fire to create obstacles for the enemy, a dynamic lighting engine for day and night battles - purposely including watchtowers as a building you NEEDED to spot the enemy approaching at night.

NONE of these ideas made it into the final version.

I remember reading that a GDI sniper could take out the lights of a watchtower so your units could advance in under the cover of darkness VERSUS getting obliterated by a guard tower's turret. So much potential.

Not only that, but the Nuke beat the living shit out of the Ion Cannon. The Hand of NOD was cool as well, just this GIANT motherfucking laser beam that obliterated the shit out of anyone who came close to it.

Nuke = 10 nearly dead buildings.
Ion Cannon = 1 nearly dead building, if not dead completely.

wow i remember all the forums going crazy pver all the shit Westwood cut out of the final build. I still loved those GDI trucks with the laser beams.

Doc Holliday said:
wow i remember all the forums going crazy pver all the shit Westwood cut out of the final build. I still loved those GDI trucks with the laser beams.

I really dug the GDI APC that could go through the water.

The only problem was, NO FUCKING MULTIPLAYER MAPS HAD ANY STRATEGIC WATER VALUE SO NOD ALMOST ALWAYS KICKED THE SHIT OUT OF GDI.

Tiberian Sun was terribly unbalanced. NOD artillery = ownage.

I'm probably one of the 5 people here who played Tiberian Sun to death and hated / loved it.

DMczaf

http://www.cnc-source.com/

Release Date: 2007 (likely late 2007 as it is in early stages of development [not even a playable alpha yet])
Executive Producer: Mike Verdu
Lead Designer: Jason Bender
Engine: Beefed up SAGE engine. (Beefed up from BFME II, which was beefed up from BFME I, which was beefed up from Zero Hour, which was...)
Beginning of Conflict: The game starts in 2047 (Tiberian Sun started in 2030.)
Kane: Yes he will be back. (No we don't know it will be Joe Kucan yet. They haven't started casting for the live action cutscenes yet. [And it is expected that it will be explained how the heck he keeps coming back from the dead.])
Factions: GDI, Nod, ??? (They're keeping tight lipped about the identity of the third faction.)
Tiberium: 20% is uninhabitable Red Zones, 50% is sucky-but-liveable Yellow Zones (80% of the population lives here), the remaining 30% are Blue/Green Zones where Tiberium doesn't reach often (the other 20% of the population, including GDI lives mostly here). Also they even got in contact with MIT and worked out the science behind Tiberium.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Cold-Steel said:

The only problem was, NO FUCKING MULTIPLAYER MAPS HAD ANY STRATEGIC WATER VALUE SO NOD ALMOST ALWAYS KICKED THE SHIT OUT OF GDI.

I'm probably one of the 5 people here who played Tiberian Sun to death and hated / loved it.

I loved that game too.

4 Tick Tanks + 4 Artillery + 2 MRUs = instawin for NOD. That was my favorite strike force.

They did, however, keep the ability to blow up bridges which did come in handy.

The only problem was, most bridges consisted of 3 seperate parts, you could either blow up the sides connected to land OR the middle.

I remember someone rushing me with NOD Tiberium Commandos once and I used the Ion Cannon on that part of the bridge totally fucking his rush over.

It's real shame because as cool as an idea as the Ion Cannon was - that was as good as it got.

The Ion Cannon needs to have a bigger splash radius.

I mean, the motherfucker should cover the entire damn screen.

Cold-Steel said:

4 Nod Artillery = Greatest base defence evar.

I always found the GDI Ion Cannon to be such a cool concept.

It's a freaking giant LASER CANNON in space. You would think that it could target more than ONE building at a time and not take FOREVER to recharge.

That's why NOD was so much better. 2 Nukes could be prepped in the time it took GDI to actually get the ball rolling.

Funky Papa said:
NOD arty + some quick units to scout > *

:lol You wouldn't even need to scout in this game.

Just know all the spawn points on the map, pick the obvious one and roll in with a Burrower (I think that's what the NOD driller APC was called) and 5 engineers. Go straight for the Command Center.

GDI = absolutely fucked. No chance to rebuild, or fight back.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Cold-Steel said:
Just know all the spawn points on the map, pick the obvious one and roll in with a Burrower (I think that's what the NOD driller APC was called) and 5 engineers. Go straight for the Command Center.
I don't even know how they allowed that, it was so horribly obvious. You only had to pop two of them (they always busted my first one) and run with the engineers to the command center/factories. Bang. Base owned. Next Mission.

I enjoyed both RA2 and TS, but I know that at some point my inner C&C fanboy was forcing me to finish the games.

Now, this is perfection

command-conquer.jpg

Incredible soundtrack, badass units, great setting, superb videos (for its time). One of the best game ever, only Warcraft 2 impressed me that much, but I have to give C&C the wining edge because I like "present" strategy games better.

I played Tiberian Sun only single player and in that regard it didn't disappoint too badly. I disliked the mecha thing though.

I played countless hours of C&C multiplayer and I must say C&C Red Alert 2 is the best RTS Multiplayer ever. OK, wait, hold on, that award goes to Total Annihilation, but still, it was very good.

Kaworu

HYPED GAMES:

1.- C&C 3 (NEW).
2.- Yakuza
3.- Final Fantasy XII
4.- Phantasy Star Universe
5.- Okami
6.- Quake Wars: Enemy Territory
7.- Spore
8.- More Shit

Top Bottom