• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan Exiles Early Access |OT| You shall be my Thrall

derFeef

I'm pretty sure that the GAF server will stay up for a long time

200_s.gif

Verfault

So I cant seem to find the server. I clicked the link and the game loads to the options screen and not to a server. Could it be because its german and Im in the US?

derFeef

Should not be a problem. Have you tried direct connect? just click on the IP in the link above, or try steam://connect/81.30.153.125:27015

Verfault

Should not be a problem. Have you tried direct connect? just click on the IP in the link above, or try steam://connect/81.30.153.125:27015

Thats what Im saying. I clicked the IP link and when the game loads up the server never shows. and the it doesnt show up when I look at all the servers on steam servers for conan exiles.

Hari Seldon

I have played about 8 hours of the game so far, all solo. The combat is just so... terrible. Like if someone made a melee combat game as one of those early access games Jim Sterling reviews, it is that level of terrible. If they put 1000% more effort into the combat it might just reach the level of being meh.

So only buy this game if you are into the social aspects of it and like gathering wood to build shit. It might be a fun game to play with buddies once a week or so.

oktarb

Thats what Im saying. I clicked the IP link and when the game loads up the server never shows. and the it doesnt show up when I look at all the servers on steam servers for conan exiles.

I had the same problem. Apparently there's some kind of Steam bootstrack server launcher but I couldn't get it to work.

Sarcasm

My friend has it so I got access to it via share. Didn't work then but try again soon. Though it is in Germany and I am in Taiwan so probably 500+ ping.

Rambone

20 hours in so far and liking it. Need to figure out how to summon avatars now that I have a Tier 3 shrine. Really looking forward to seeing this game grow, has a pretty solid foundation.

I have played about 8 hours of the game so far, all solo. The combat is just so... terrible. Like if someone made a melee combat game as one of those early access games Jim Sterling reviews, it is that level of terrible. If they put 1000% more effort into the combat it might just reach the level of being meh.

So only buy this game if you are into the social aspects of it and like gathering wood to build shit. It might be a fun game to play with buddies once a week or so.

This was my impression of when i saw vids and gifs of it but I have this on my wishlist and, being early access, I'm hoping stuff will improve and not turn out like ark.

derFeef

No patch over night, pretty unusual ;)
Also we should all be in one clan I guess, that makes it easer to see who's online on the server and so on. I created one but I guess it's invite only? Not sure how that works!

Sarcasm

No patch over night, pretty unusual ;)
Also we should all be in one clan I guess, that makes it easer to see who's online on the server and so on. I created one but I guess it's invite only? Not sure how that works!

I can't connect but you have to meet face to face and invite them that way.

ryanyhc

Neo Member
Guys, if you have a two story+ house and you put all your shit on the second and above floors, then delete the stairs (on your first floor) before you log off at night... does this make your shit mostly safe? Am I dumb for thinking this?

derFeef

Getting closer to reliable "connect me to server" state, maybe...

Steam Connect and passwords should be working properly again. Which should help with services such as www.topconanservers.com
You will now be able to change filters on the server browser while the list is refreshing
The crafting bug involving duped phantom items should now be fixed (Praise Crom!)
Thralls will no longer attack unconscious NPCs
After a few turns on the wheel of pain the server browser has promised to stop brutalizing network adaptors.

Chris_C

Hopping back on in an hour or so. I've started building at the base of one of the two large statues along the southern river. Humble at the moment, but I've got bit plans :)

I completely suck at base building at this game despite spending hours trying to make a mini fort. But it's still fun constructing buildings anyway, just wish there was more of a threat to bases outside of PVP.

Sarcasm

BTW I remembered how to add servers to games where you can't see them in game.

You do it via the View Server in Steam itself.

derFeef

Happy Valentine's, Exiles. We have a special treat for you!

We've been paying close attention to your feedback over the past couple of weeks, and are working to release the biggest patch the Exiled Lands has seen to date!

Look out for this patch in the next couple of days:

Performance and Tech fixes

• Fixes to loading screens
• Server Performance Fixes
• NPCs should be less jittery when rotating
• A fix for connecting to servers via the steam server browser and when using steamconnect
• Buildings should now load in much faster
• Placeables placed on foundations and ceiling tiles will now be saved correctly
• Several improvements to how rocks behave when they are harvested

General Bug Fixes and improvements

• Small Placeables will no longer claim land (!)
• NPC Camps now have their own land claim to prevent people from building so close to them that they stop spawning NPCs (!!)
• You should no longer get phantom duplicates in the wheel of pain
• T2 Altars should no longer disappear
• Surrender should no longer break early when using fists
• Removed invisible collision that was blocking a certain chest in the world
• Arrows will now longer shoot in “Random crazy directions”
• Ranged weapons should now always fire correctly
• Rhinos should no longer try to walk through players
• Palisades will now correctly deal damage on contact
• Palisades should now be easier to place
• Fixed a case where players were able to destroy rocks with their fists. Sorry, but this privilege is reserved only for Conan himself.
• Fixed an issue where interactable objects would spam “Press E to interact” on the GUI
• Added an arrow to many placeables to help players orient them correctly
• The Offering of Mitra recipe now correctly requires 1 human heart and 1 unblemished meat
• Fixed an issue with stair placement detection
• The Gong and the Horn will now be audible over greater distances
• Added new emotes that can be learned by tracking down Story NPCs and getting them to teach you

Balance and Gameplay Fixes

• Some feat requirements have been simplified or removed. For example, it is now possible to learn Journeyman Craftsman as soon as you hit level 10. Due to the impact of this change all players have gotten a free feat respec.
• Ansel will now respect collision preventing people from moving through walls and other structures
• Non Admins will be restricted to 2 meters of movement when using Ansel
• Balance pass on Bows. Simple Bow range has been increased, Hyrkanian Bow range has been dramatically increased. Crossbow range has been reduced but they now shoot much faster
• We have done an overhaul on what monsters can damage which tier of buildings. If you haven’t upgraded from sandstone you might want to think about doing that.
• Increased crafting XP across the board with greater increases for crafting more complex (higher tier) items
• Inverted Wooden Roof Wedge and Stonebrick Frame now require Journeyman Craftsman instead of Master Craftsman
• Black rocks in the starting desert are now harvestable
• Higher grade tools will now yield higher amounts of secondary resources (Bark/branches)
• Resetting your Knowledge Points will no longer cause you to lose your selected religion
• Removed Corruption sources from starting area caves
• Removed the Regen component from Purified Meat. This perk is reserved to Mitra's Ambrosia and Healing Potions. Purified Meat is still an extremely good food source
• Player corpses can only be harvested for religious purposes once every 30 minutes
• Balance pass on the amount of materials requires for basic chemistry potions
• Armor drops removed from chests
• Emus will now give less XP

Visual Improvements

• The Dogs of the Desert finally got their uniform shipment and will be donning their new outfits
• Visual adjustment to the Medium Tasset to reduce clipping issues
• Visual adjustments to the Setite Choker and Shendyt to reduce clipping issues
• Cutless and Falcata have had their icons updates
• Visual flair added to several hairstyles
• Visual improvements to female heads

That's a big patch.

A whole month of bug fixing rather than adding new content... and they plan to only have this game in EA for up to a year? I can't see this happening.

Khezu

A whole month of bug fixing rather than adding new content... and they plan to only have this game in EA for up to a year? I can't see this happening.

Is that not how these things usually go? This is the only EA game I have bought really.

I would rather bug fixes, new content is useless if the game is broken.

Sarcasm

Is that not how these things usually go? This is the only EA game I have bought really.

I would rather bug fixes, new content is useless if the game is broken.

No he wants it where they don't patch for months and add content only. That is how it usually goes. Keep it running like poop but add things like..more monsters!

If anyone is seeing the 1/20, that's me. After a few failed starts (fuck turtle men) I have something some might call a house! I would like to invite you all to visit me, but... I have no clue where I am. There is a river or lake nearby, if that's any help.

20170221212506_197u8e.jpg

A free expansion has been announced, along with a trailer.

On August 16th we are also introducing a brand new and free expansion! The game world is expanded by roughly 50% as a whole new area is added to the Exiled Lands.

The expansion is completely free for everyone who has bought Conan Exiles and is included in the game at no extra cost for everyone who buys Conan Exiles in the future (on any platform).

Conan Exiles - Update #28: Climbing, Exploration, and Unreal 4.15 Engine Upgraded
Update #28 introduces the climbing system, allowing you to scale buildings, city walls, trees, and even mountains! Climbers can be kept from climbing into your city/fort by using defense mechanisms such as thrall archers, crenelated walls, and pouring hot oil. This update also introduces the exploration system, allowing you to find points of interest in the game that are added to your map. You can even make your own map markers!
A pretty cool update, climbing looks fun as hell, it's like the Uncharted or Tomb Raider games.

a09dec51ed3769b35b44c9346dad290c9a125561.jpg

Today is the release for the FREE expansion pack - The Frozen North!

Release trailer.

This frosty biome comes with new types of weather such as rain and snow if you want to escape the scorching sun and sandstorms. Beware, however, that with our newly implemented temperature system, you will need to be prepared for both! Be sure you have ample heavy clothing to warm yourself in the mountains, and light clothing in the desert. We have over 20 new dye colors as well, so you can travel in stlye or sport your clan's colors.

Along with armor, you will also need to be well armed. Be on the lookout for new types of weapons and weapon materials like star metal. A new region means new monsters and wildlife including wolves, bears, frost giants, mammoths, and many more!

Further protect yourself from the elements and dangers by building your shelter with new resources such as black ice. Take note that the type of matieral you use is important for which environment you're building in! Building has been made easier by learning building pieces in tiers, rather than individually. After completing your structure, you can select new furniture and items to decorate your home with such as ice boxes, stoves, and other machines to help you survive. Outdoors, you can place beehives and fishing traps to gain honey and oil.

If you're in need of more supplies or looking for more action, you can enter the newest dungeons like the Abandoned Keep; make sure you are prepared for what awaits you at the end. This update also includes the new avatar, Ymir: Lord of Storm and War. Take control and decimate villiages and forts with his mighty battle-axe! We don't want to spoil everything there is to see in this update, so bundle up and head on out!

There's a list of new bug fixes, and bugs introduced as a result, as well as the game being 33% off.
£18 for the standard edition and £37 for the Barbarian Edition. Promotion ends August 21st.

I'll be giving the expansion a go, it's free for owners of the game anyway, and I'm getting just a little tired of all this desert.

Santar

Such a shame the game is not really made for single player, would love a huge Conan world to explore and do stuff in, but this seems pretty bare for solo players sadly.

derFeef

Such a shame the game is not really made for single player, would love a huge Conan world to explore and do stuff in, but this seems pretty bare for solo players sadly.

Age of Conan is still my best Conan experience ever.
Stay away from the caster classes an stick to melee and it's one of the best Conan experiences you can have. Same company and so different - hopefully they make something good again with the IP sometime.

This and Ark are two examples of why I'd rather have a demo than a timed trial. Conan doesn't explain you shit and yet that timer goes on. It is what it is but I wish they would change things about some game preview games.

So I have less than 45 minutes left and no idea what exactly to do here or what to think of it. It also for some reason doesn't contain full nudity despite me downloading the trial from the Dutch store.

Age of Conan is still my best Conan experience ever.
Stay away from the caster classes an stick to melee and it's one of the best Conan experiences you can have. Same company and so different - hopefully they make something good again with the IP sometime.

My man. I loved Age of Conan. I hopped on it almost a year into its life, after the horrible launch issues and the content drought. It was still pretty bare in the endgame but I picked it up multiple times after. Really loved the combat of that game.

Is this worth picking up? I love the world enough to try and play it solo, but don't really know if that's worth it.

Top Bottom