• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars coming to Steam this summer

autoduelist

Wasn't this game decent?

No.

Game has a ton of excellent ideas -- really interesting and unique combat mechanics, character evolution/creation, etc are all top notch. All sorts of cool meters, positional awareness, combo techniques, etc Like, if you play the demo you'll be awed at all the cool stuff you're going to be able to do.

And then... the game is so ridiculously easy you blindly auto-fight the entire game. You never need to care about position, or combos, or even using spells. Just spam attack. Doing anything else just wastes time.

Definite pass.

I'd rate the game as a solid six. I'm insane and actually bothered to get all the endings because I ended up liking all the girls and have low standards.

FLD

Damn, there's a lot of negativity towards this game. I almost bought it on Vita when it first came out and normally I'd be all over a Steam release but after reading all this, maybe not...

But still, looks like Spike Chunsoft are really going all-in on Steam. That's good to see. A bit weird to port this before Danganronpa Another Episode considering the first two are already on Steam, though. Hopefully it's their next release.

koutoru

I'm playing this on vita right now and I'm having much more fun with it than I thought I would.

Although I mainly just focus on one girl while ignoring the others and it's fun to see the characters reaction to that.

Battlechili

Banned
I was hoping for Shiren the Wanderer 5 or some other Mystery Dungeon (bonus points if they can somehow get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games on Steam, as doubtful and probably impossible as that is. I want more mystery dungeon.

Still, this is pretty cool! There are some interesting mechanics I've heard where apparently you can date characters, have children, and then have your children as part of your party? Seems pretty neat. Otherwise I've heard this isn't very good. I might try it out though! Spike Chunsoft is one of my most beloved companies, so its hard to think they'd make something bad.
conception-ii-children-of-the-seven-stars-wake-and-chlotz.gif
Go on....

BajiBoxer

Banned
What about this game's start was good? I just remember the creepy headmaster forcing you and Fuuko to fuck right out the gate because muh star children. The game is beautifully bad.
I thought fighting monsters with a horde of weird children in a knockoff Persona style dungeon was pretty entertaining for a little while.

This game is terrible. If you want lewd anime nonsense look elsewhere because this game has extremely shallow gameplay that can't support the lackluster world it tries to build.
The characters are okay at best.
"Having children with the girls you date" isn't like, say, Dragon Quest 5 where they actually matter. It's more like a new child presents you with a screen of classes to choose from and you pick it and make a new blank slate character that has no bearing whatsoever on the story.

Really bad game, one of my few disappointing purchases on my 3DS, and not worth your time or money unless you're super curious and can get it for less than $5.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I was hoping for Shiren the Wanderer 5 or some other Mystery Dungeon (bonus points if they can somehow get Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games on Steam, as doubtful and probably impossible as that is. I want more mystery dungeon.

Still, this is pretty cool! There are some interesting mechanics I've heard where apparently you can date characters, have children, and then have your children as part of your party? Seems pretty neat. Otherwise I've heard this isn't very good. I might try it out though! Spike Chunsoft is one of my most beloved companies, so its hard to think they'd make something bad.Go on....

Sort of. Your order is a bit off though. You have children then you bond with characters in VN style scenes. And the children hatch from an egg after the "classmating" ritual. They're basically little monsters you form into squads to help you battle.

Damn it, misread the title as Culdcept.

I guess it's good that more JRPGs are being ported to PC and this game will be available on more platforms for the people that want to play it, but I hope Atlus isn't using sales from this to gauge the desire for other ports. I wanted this game ported to PC about as much as Mind 0.

Tohsaka

I guess it's good that more JRPGs are being ported to PC and this game will be available on more platforms for the people that want to play it, but I hope Atlus isn't using sales from this to gauge the desire for other ports. I wanted this game ported to PC about as much as Mind 0.

Spike-Chunsoft is self-publishing it on Steam, Atlus isn't involved.

Javier

I actually enjoyed the gameplay mechanics and the character conversations. The randomly-generated dungeons were OK but could get tiresome after a while. The only stuff that bothered were the classmating sequences which were a whole other level of disturbing. Fortunately you can skip them by pressing Start.

Most surprising thing about this game is being able to post screenshots in the 3DS Miiverse community.

Ganado

I would laugh myself to death if Atlus was porting this as their first JP game on PC to gauge interest. Yet, I feel like its something they would do...

I would laugh myself to death if Atlus was porting this as their first JP game on PC to gauge interest. Yet, I feel like its something they would do...

Atlus isn't involved, hence the dual audio. Spike Chunsoft self publishes all of their PC titles.

I wonder if Grand Kingdom or Exist Archive will get a PC port too.

Halabane

It was bad/ok as a time waster on my Vita during travel. But to actually sit in front of PC and play thru it...it would be painful. The kid thing is really weird. The battle system pretty much was auto play.

Atlus isn't involved, hence the dual audio. Spike Chunsoft self publishes all of their PC titles.

I wonder if Grand Kingdom or Exist Archive will get a PC port too.

I'd scratch my head pretty hard if they ported Conception II but neither of these. Especially Exist Archive, which runs on Tri-Ace's multiplatform engine.

I'd scratch my head pretty hard if they ported Conception II but neither of these. Especially Exist Archive, which runs on Tri-Ace's multiplatform engine.

Kinda wondering if I should cancel my Vita pre-order for Shiren the Wanderer if it has a chance for a PC port.

Ralemont

not me
I played the demo on Vita and it was awful. It's the type of story you'd get if you made an anime trope character write anime trope characters.

AerialAir

Banned
It's terrible. Probably one of the worst games I've ever played. It's repetitive and you feel like you're earning nothing as you progress. Just my two cents. Has anyone here imported Exist Archive? Looks interesting, but after hating this, i don't know.

Top Bottom