• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confused about Genshin Impact progression

RCU005

I'm restarting to play Genshin Impact since the game launched. I stopped playing because I focused on other games. Since the game doesn't let you start over, I am trying to remember everything slowly and catch up. I didn't go too far though, I stopped playing when finishing Prologue Act 1.

But here is where I'm confused. I have these Story Quests listed, but I don't know what I should do first. Story-wise, I don't want to do them out of order. I don't know if those story quests were there when I stopped playing, or they were updated over time. The quests are:

Lepus Chapter Act 1
Pavo Ocellus Act 1
Tempus Fugit Chapter Act 1
Other I don't remember now.

It says that I need to be Adventure Rank 10 to begin Prologue Chapter Act 2. Should I begin this before the story quests listed above, or should I do them to increase my adventure rank so I can begin the Prologue Chapter Act 2?

Also, there are some Temples I have marks on the map, but for example, the Falcon Temple I need to be Level 20, and I am just level 8 with my best character. I suppose these are done eventually while I level up right? They are not part of the story right?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Everything I have found on Google is walkthroughs, but I don't want that. I just want to know the order I should do the quests.

If you have a quests available in the game, you can do any of them without worrying about which quest you should do first. With that said, the order you have them listed in seems fine. The real main quests in the game won't let you do them out of order.

And you're right, temples aren't really part of the story, and they're more for leveling up your world level.

Last edited:

RCU005

f you have a quests available in the game, you can do any of them without worrying about which quest you should do first. With that said, the order you have them listed in seems fine. The real main quests in the game won't let you do them out of order.

So the story quests regarding characters like the ones I listed above are separate from the main story (and prologue)? That means that I can do them without worrying that I'll affect the story telling?

Pejo

So the story quests regarding characters like the ones I listed above are separate from the main story (and prologue)? That means that I can do them without worrying that I'll affect the story telling?
Yea basically. The game won't make story quests available to you unless you meet some hidden requirements (like a high enough Adventure Rank level, or that you've already completed specific story quests). Character quests weave in and out of the main story and are more there for fleshing out the world and the characters than driving the main story along.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The exploration is the best part about the game but after playing for a while and just seeing the pattern of the drought of content I just deleted the game in it's entirety especially with the stinginess of it's gacha systems.

The exploration and finding all the things was great but after that the game dies really quickly and really wants you to pay big bucks to collect all the waifus.

I think in the long term the leaks really killed the game for me.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Sorry for hijacking the thread (kinda) but I just got back into the game after nearly a year of PSO2. I forgot the pattern to follow for the daily stuff, especially the Resin thing. What's the optimal/fastest way to do dailies, mission pass, etc?

Pejo

Sorry for hijacking the thread (kinda) but I just got back into the game after nearly a year of PSO2. I forgot the pattern to follow for the daily stuff, especially the Resin thing. What's the optimal/fastest way to do dailies, mission pass, etc?
Daily stuff isn't really time consuming, for better or worse. Pick your poison as to what you want to concentrate on, be it character level, artifacts, talents, or gold (Mora) if you need it, then just do the relevant activity to get what you want. They still heavily time gate the playerbase, so you're only going to get like 8 runs a day at most unless you're shelling out cash. If you're pressed for time that day, you can now craft "Condensed Resin" at the alchemy crafting tables which will use 2x the regular Resin and give you twice the rewards (only for domains and leylines, not bosses unfortunately). There are no bonus drops for using it though, it just cuts the number of fights you have to do in half.

Battle Pass missions are very self explanatory, the weekly ones reset every Monday morning. Usually they have a few that can be turned in whenever that are tied to whatever current event the game has running.

Feel free to check the Community thread for the game if you have more specific questions, it's pretty active.

Sidesalad

This is how you progress in Genshin:

Throwing Money GIF by memecandy
This is the sad truth right here, and exactly why I'll never play it again.

Ladioss

Which is the reason why sticking to the free characters is the best way to enjoy GI. No gacha, no new characters to levelup, no need for more primogens and BP.

Top Bottom