• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker.com Updated by MS on March 3rd 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven77

Can't post the link cause i'm at work but google:

new conker 2014

Click the first result: Rare considering resurrecting Perfect Dark, Banjo, Conker ...

Since I can't look at it at work, is the above something, or nothing? I think this was from August 2013.

Nvzman

Holy shit my heart.
Oh man, if this is why Chris Seavor hasn't uploaded any parts to his commentary in a while...
ohmanohmanohmanohman I might have to get an XB1 if this means what I think it means.

I can't help but to think that if they were to make a new Conker game they'd just try to make it as edgy as possible and that is a damn shame.

This is quite possibly the greatest news ever. Please let this mean a new game is in development...

Please.

4Dotl8B.gif

Richie

Holy shit my heart.
Oh man, if this is why Chris Seavor hasn't uploaded any parts to his commentary in a while...
ohmanohmanohmanohman I might have to get an XB1 if this means what I think it means.

But Chris isn't even with Microsoft nowadays, is he? AFAIK, he had his own independent company, and was actually working on a small scale Wii U title.

I am not going to get excited, but this E3 is going to be FUN isn't it. FUN FUN FUN.

Please stay alive, GAF. Without you I am / have nothing.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, buuuuuuut...

Chris Seavor was the main lead guy on Conker, and also provided the voices for not only the main character himself, but about 90% of the other characters. He was laid off from Rare a while ago, and in interviews and videos since then has had less than pleasant things to say about the current state of Rare and Microsoft. He's currently working in indie games like Rusty Pup, and has said he's perfectly happy where he is.

Basically, if Microsoft do go for a new Conker game it'll be without the developer who made the game what it was, and who was Conker himself.

The Flash

Banned
Yeah it's probably nothing guys. My bad for getting everyone excited. Steverulez's post makes this look like domain name maintenance.

Why not make a new IP instead of making Mario RPG? Or Kart? Or Strikers?

Mario & Conker are very different brands, though. Mario is a mascot character who can be put in any scenario or game. He has wide appeal which means that making a Mario RPG will make significant more money than some random new RPG that Nintendo decided to make. Conker was an attempt at this kind of character with Twelve Tales, and when that attempt failed, they made him into a parody of the mascot character. He's irrelevant today, really

I just feel that the character has no appeal beyond those nostalgic for Bad Fur Day. A new Banjo game would make more sense if anything. Why tatter the reputation of a great game by making a sequel that nobody asked for? If they were to make a new game, it would probably be very weird and far beyond the vision of the original game. You saw the state of Live & Reloaded. Half of it was a remake of a great game, but the main selling point was some sort of weird Wolfenstein/Call of Duty parody that just didn't make sense given the nature of the character. If a new game were to be made by the current Rare/Microsoft, I'd be willing to bet that the same sort of bizarre treatment would be given.

def sim

This is probably just Microsoft reupping the domain rights but lets keep this going for maximum disappointment on Monday

Xbox ‏@Xbox 4m
If you could only play one Zelda game forever, which would it be?
Gersh shares his pick here. #MyFavoriteGame

what could it mean

Silky

Banned
Not seeing it. Seavor left Rare and he has an obvious distate of MS. Even if it were true it wouldn't be the same without his writing/voice work.

Gregg's there, but now Chris is gone so it's missing yet another part of the Rare VA team.

Conker has yet to be re-released, however. A re-release of Bad Fur Day or Live and Reloaded would be cool . Would prefer BFD because Live and Reloaded is censored to all hell.

Woffls

This will just be a standard domain renewal, especially if others have been renewed recently as well.

That tweet is just plain cruel :(

I hope you guys realize a new Conker game would be made without Chris Seavor's involvement. For myriad reasons a Conker game without Chris Seavor wouldn't be a real Conker game. He's busy with his own studio now, and isn't likely to be going back to Microsoft anytime soon.

Not seeing it. Seavor left Rare and he has an obvious distate of MS. Even if it were true it wouldn't be the same without his writing/voice work.

Gregg's there, but now Chris is gone so it's missing yet another part of the Rare VA team.

Conker has yet to be re-released, however. A re-release of Bad Fur Day or Live and Reloaded would be cool . Would prefer BFD because Live and Reloaded is censored to all hell.

Could work as a reboot? Or they could get someone who sounds a lot like Seavor?

Doffen

Xbox ‏@Xbox 4m

what could it mean

Xbox One to be released as Nintendo One in Japan.
New unprecedented partnership.

I hope you guys realize a new Conker game would be made without Chris Seavor's involvement. For myriad reasons a Conker game without Chris Seavor wouldn't be a real Conker game. He's busy with his own studio now, and isn't likely to be going back to Microsoft anytime soon.

voice doesn't matter much,if the look and gameplay is like conker that is all that matters.

Xbox ‏@Xbox 4m

what could it mean

Haha, weird that the official xbox twitter is asking a question like that. I mean it's nice that they appreciate one of the most popular (classic) franchises but you'd think they would have found someone that said their favorite game was from a MS series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom