• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles have only just barely begun to catch up with PC in Online Games that offer more than 50 Players

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Wasn't BF1 with 64 players for quite some time already? Also it does not really means anything, sometimes 8 vs 8 could be better, depends on a game type and game map. But bigger is better, amirite.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
150vs150 the norm? Id been playing online on pc since the nineties and thats Pure bullshitt and i have played my fair share of mods on battlefield or Red Orchestra, also the biggest online game i have played was mag on PS3 250 players at once

As a PC gamer to I can confirm outside of the likes of RO etc its not the norm, although I would say 32 v 32 is steady in becoming more common than 16 v 16.

However I'm guessing you have never played Planetside 1 or 2 then? Because those make MAG feel tiny.

Redlancet

Banned
As a PC gamer to I can confirm outside of the likes of RO etc its not the norm, although I would say 32 v 32 is steady in becoming more common than 16 v 16.

However I'm guessing you have never played Planetside 1 or 2 then? Because those make MAG feel tiny.
i haved played both planetsides,also they exist on consoles XD

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
More doesn't make it better.

Yeah, the best MP shooting experience I had were always 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6 matches, at best 8v8 but such player count is already hugely dependant on the map/game design, and BFBC2 with it's 12v12 being the absolute maximum I ever enjoyed, actually being one of the best MP experiences ever, top 5 easily, but that game was exception from the rule, and even DICE themselves have no idea how to recreate that experience. Bottomline is, the principal is extremely simple - you want to put more players on the map, you need to make bigger maps, and when you make bigger maps, there's more walking than actual shooting, and walking is not the reason I want to jump into MP shooters.

Top Bottom