• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra is up (xbla)

NME

nubbe said:
Are you playing on the default settings? only works on default.

Well, I didn't know there were any settings for the game, so I'm pretty sure I'm on default.

I used the Konami code. Does that disable achievements?

ghibli99

Ravager61 said:
Playing this version again made me realize just how superior the NES version is.
I was just going to say... I like the NES version better. The same is true for Rush'n Attack.

...and just because:

451px-Contra_flyer.jpg

D3VI0US

contaygious said:
up up down down left right start

Give this jackass a ban, I mean jesus it's the ****ing Contra thread.

Now someone tell me where I can find an achievement list.

sorry to change topic, but is Contra available in any form on Ps2? My friend wants to play the original and I have no clue if it's hidden on any ps or ps2 version. Thanks.

Soul4ger

zackattack said:
sorry to change topic, but is Contra available in any form on Ps2? My friend wants to play the original and I have no clue if it's hidden on any ps or ps2 version. Thanks.

You can import an arcade port for like $28 at Play-Asia. For PS2.

Downhome

Ugh, I was hoping that this wouldn't have the same problem as the DC D-Pad had. I don't see how anyone can find it acceptable to play if that isn't fixed.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i keep losing lives on the level 2 midboss cos i can't hold UP on my goddamned joystick when i'm trying to take out the turrets -- instead i shimmy right into a bullet. is there a 360 controller with a decent d-pad? i'm on the point of ordering one of those wired hori pads.

i see no one wants to do a score attack. let's try again at twice the volume:

drohne.png

ADD ME IF U LIKE CONTRA

How are people getting 3 million plus scores?
You get a million point bonus for killing the final boss, normal play through is about 1,300,000 but you can points grab up to about 1,800,000. The game ends after the final boss, and there's a time limit (you get killed if you take too long on a level). Yet the top score is about 3.5 million. Glitch? Hax?? :O

NME

Dr Zhivago said:
How are people getting 3 million plus scores?
You get a million point bonus for killing the final boss, normal play through is about 1,300,000 but you can points grab up to about 1,800,000. The game ends after the final boss, and there's a time limit (you get killed if you take too long on a level). Yet the top score is about 3.5 million. Glitch? Hax?? :O

Couldn't you farm points right before the final boss from the mouths that spit...whatever they spit at you?

NME said:
Couldn't you farm points right before the final boss from the mouths that spit...whatever they spit at you?

In the arcade game these things would fly in from the corners of the screen & kill you if you took too long. I have seen them in the XBLA version, but I haven't tried at that particular point.

Tony HoTT

Banned
So wait is this in tate mode like the arcade one? For some reason that always annoyed me since I mainly grew up on the NES version.

drohne said:
i keep losing lives on the level 2 midboss cos i can't hold UP on my goddamned joystick when i'm trying to take out the turrets -- instead i shimmy right into a bullet. is there a 360 controller with a decent d-pad? i'm on the point of ordering one of those wired hori pads.

i see no one wants to do a score attack. let's try again at twice the volume:

drohne.png

ADD ME IF U LIKE CONTRA

I use the 360 analog stick -- trust me, at first it's akward but it's about 10x's better than using the 360 d-pad.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
1CC, BITCHES! took me longer than it ought to have. thanks for the analog stick tip, c minus -- definitely helped me out.

Top Bottom