• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control vs. Dreams

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Control

Votes: 149 50.7%
  • Dreams

Votes: 145 49.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

QI4WKZB.jpg

MrS

Banned
Obviously Control. Nobody gives a fuck about Bomba Dreams. The sooner Sony shuts down MM and shifts resources to a studio that can actually produce good games, the better.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Man, that's a harsh post.
Just how I feel man. The other studios are carrying them. When was the last time they had a game that sold a million? A decade ago? They just continue to put out games that the market doesn't want. Can't see Sony continuing to tolerate it.

Last edited:

.Pennywise

Banned
I think what really hindered Control recognition as one of the greatest games was its abysmal performance on consoles. Game was too much for that hardware to handle it properly.

I haven't played either the games in this match up, but I like what I see in Dreams. If you have time, patience, and imagination you could make some amazing things in Dreams. Weird match up that's for sure.

Jaxcellent

Dreams is something really special, I should try to make something myself, but after i'm done with real work I'm tired and don't want to learn the controls so I can't make anything cool. I'm very impressed with what the community made though, its amazing.

I never played Control, but i did play Alan Wake and Quantum Break, both didn't click with me. Although some powers in QB were pretty cool, I disliked the main char, and the story was kinda mediocre IMO. I do plan on playing on Control next gen, this is the perfect game to pick up for really cheap, when no one wants it anymore, and it's 20 euro I'll buy it used.

Edit: grammar.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Dreams is a poor engine with shit ps move controller requirements that can't even be used to edit captured videos.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You wot mate?
Control is amazing, easy vote.
Control is boring and repetitive. Too many tanky enemies and side crap. Too much backtracking. I barely finished it. And the story is bullshit big time. It just sets cool venues... Oh and the chin face is terrible uninteresting protagonist

Last edited:

Romulus

Why would they? I'm just a random poster on GAF. Nobody is playing Dreams though, and nobody gives a fuck about the game. Accept it.

I think they do looking at the poll. Control is a AAA game and its barely edging it out.

And just the VR portion of Dreams is incredible in its own right, not counting the regular stuff. It just came out too, so the creations are just begining.

Arachnid

That is correct. It's certainly not a game. I thought Control was great so I agree it's an easy choice.
I got more gameplay out of Dreams than I did Control, and I had more fun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, I can't fathom picking a standard video game over something revolutionary like Dreams.

Arkam

This is a tough one. I watched my buddy play through ~half of Control and enjoyed the experience immensely. Dreams on the other hand has produced (and will produce) some amazing experiences. I have played probably three dozen really cool 'games' by others and watched a couple short movies. I believe Dreams will be around for a long time and keep producing. So I guess Dreams gets my nod.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
CONTROL
<loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞᴉl ʇ,uop ǝldoǝd sᴉ puɐʇs ʇ,uop I ʇɐɥʍ ʇnq 'uosɹǝd ɯlɐɔ ɯɐɐ I ˙uoᴉʇsǝnb ɐ uǝʌǝ sᴉɥʇ sᴉ ʍoɥ/>
TAKE CONTROL

Fbh

Control was pretty fun if not quite great.
Dreams just seems like a simplified engine which I guess is fun for people who like to play around with stuff like that. But unlike something like Unreal or Unity I haven't seen a single thing made in it that looks like a legit game I'd actually buy. Though it's fairly new so maybe there will be stuff that isn't just a "concept" at some point.

Aion002

Dreams is really cool... Control runs really bad on the ps4 and the characters are quite ugly... However, the gameplay is great...

Dreams for me.

Lol easy pick for Control. Can anyone even show a full game made in Dream that is a better overall game than Control? Your just going through 99.99999999% mediocre trash.

The only reason dreams won is because all of the posters media molecule has here to promote their game. 😴

Lol coming from the guy who systematically enters every Dreams threads just to post some low effort flame bait. What is Microsoft's going rate these days btw? Looks like a cushy gig. 😉

Voted Dreams as it has way more potential than anything else released this gen in my eyes. (it's just a case if they're going to be able to realise that potential or not).

Top Bottom