• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copying downloaded Vita/PSP games from PS3 to Vita no longer works?

jsnepo

So I just tried to copy Vita games from my PS3 to the Vita and it keeps giving me a NP-9968-2 error. Searching Google leads nowhere. I tried to copy compatible PSP such as Patapon 3 and it's not showing in content manager. I tried both USB and Wifi with the same result. Firmwares of both PS3 and Vita are the latest ones.

Anyone have the same issue? Any solutions for this

So I just tried to copy Vita games from my PS3 to the Vita and it keeps giving me a NP-9968-2 error. Searching Google leads nowhere. I tried to copy compatible PSP such as Patapon 3 and it's not showing in content manager. I tried both USB and Wifi with the same result. Firmwares of both PS3 and Vita are the latest ones.

Anyone have the same issue? Any solutions for this

IIRC that error code means you need to re-sign in, which might be due to recent 2FA changes if you've turned it on.

//ARCANUM

Crap. I hope this isn't broken. I stupidly removed MGS1 from my Vita for space recently and then remembered after that you have to connect it to PS3 to get it back.... ugh.

Genkobar

This was not an issue when I bought Valkyria Chronicles 2 in late May. That's one of the few games that can (could?) only be installed via the PS3.

BTW, I was able to download Patapon 3 directly to my Vita from the PSN store the other day, which was after the latest firmware update IIRC.

kennyamr

I buy on the web store and download the games directly from there to my Vita over wifi.
I haven't tried the PS3 transfer in a while so I can't tell for sure. The options are there still do native just a temporal bug.

//ARCANUM

This was not an issue when I bought Valkyria Chronicles 2 in late May. That's one of the few games that can (could?) only be installed via the PS3.

BTW, I was able to download Patapon 3 directly to my Vita from the PSN store the other day, which was after the latest firmware update IIRC.

Since 2 factor authentication started?

//ARCANUM

I buy on the web store and download the games directly from there to my Vita over wifi.
I haven't tried the PS3 transfer in a while so I can't tell for sure. The options are there still do native just a temporal bug.

There are some games that don't work this way because of stupid ass Sony "reasons". For example, if you own Metal Gear Solid for PS3/PSP/Vita, try and download it from your PSP/Vita. You can't. Won't work in download list and it won't even show up searching for it in the store. The *only* way to get it is by transferring from a PS3. In fact on the webstore it only gives the option to download to your PS3.

jsnepo

I can confirm that copying back the games from PS3 to Vita works. What doesn't work is copying the game bubbles from PS3 to Vita.

//ARCANUM

I can confirm that copying back the games from PS3 to Vita works. What doesn't work is copying the game bubbles from PS3 to Vita.

Crap. So I won't be able to get MGS back on my vita? So stupid and frustrating. And I'm sure it's going to stay broken.

Edit - wait, you said the same thing twice lol

jsnepo

Crap. So I won't be able to get MGS back on my vita? So stupid and frustrating. And I'm sure it's going to stay broken.

Edit - wait, you said the same thing twice lol

Just tried Patapon 3 which is a PSP game. Downloaded it using PS3 and tried copying it to Vita using USB, Vita didn't see the game in content manager. Vita can see the Vita games but keeps giving the error I mentioned in the OP.

This is becoming frustrating as my PS3 automatically downloaded the Plus games but I couldn't get them into the Vita.

edit: It's not the same. I can copy back the games that I used to have on my Vita that I backed up on my PS3. What doesn't work is copying the games I downloaded on the PS3. You know, the bubble thingy.

//ARCANUM

Just tried Patapon 3 which is a PSP game. Downloaded it using PS3 and tried copying it to Vita using USB, Vita didn't see the game in content manager. Vita can see the Vita games but keeps giving the error I mentioned in the OP.

This is becoming frustrating as my PS3 automatically downloaded the Plus games but I couldn't get them into the Vita.

edit: It's not the same. I can copy back the games that I used to have on my Vita that I backed up on my PS3. What doesn't work is copying the games I downloaded on the PS3. You know, the bubble thingy.

Ugh. This SUCKS. So Sony broke the only way to get certain games onto the Vita. Awesome. I'll bet $20 it will never be fixed.

jsnepo

I'm referring to these...

20120715_190923.jpg

I am having the same issues, it has to be some 2 step thing cause this worked before I activated 2 step like a week ago, now I'm getting the same error as the OP...

Tried PS One games and Vita games, nothing will transfer from my PS3...

I'm still on 3.60 and was using the QCMA trick by connecting to PC first, then connecting to PS3...It had worked every time, not any more...

//ARCANUM

I am having the same issues, it has to be some 2 step thing cause this worked before I activated 2 step like a week ago, now I'm getting the same error as the OP...

I wonder if turning off 2 factor authentication will allow it to work?

Edit - when I get home I'm gonna test stuff out with my PS3 + Vita, but that won't be until tonight/tomorrow. I think if Sony indeed broke this we need to make it well known.

This is depressing if true. I don't use the feature all the time, but I have used it to make sure my Vita has gotten all the digital PSP and PS1 games I own.

Fluxdyne

huh? allowing psp/vita transfers with the PS3 was always a great decision on their part. this is likely an issue introduced recently, and likely not on purpose.

He is probably referring to the fact that you have to use a PS3 transfer to play certain titles on Vita. You can't download and play them directly with the Vita.

//ARCANUM

He is probably referring to the fact that you have to use a PS3 transfer to play certain titles on Vita. You can't download and play them directly with the Vita.

I could be totally wrong but I feel like it was probably just some person not clicking the right button to make those titles show up in the Vita store and no one ever cared enough to fix it. I can't see any sort of logical explanation for why they would have purposefully done it.

Glix

As much as I hate it I think its some legal backdoor. If it didn't exist we would have no way of getting those games on vita at all, at least that is how it has been explained to me.

When sony negotiated the re-release of these games it was for PS3/PSP. Because the VITA is running them as PSP software, it creates a weird grey area. Again, this is how it has been explained to me I am not an expert.

Having the same problem trying to transfer Project Diva X to my Vita. I can download it directly to the Vita, but it's so fricking slow compared to the wired connection on my PS3. I sent a message to AskPS, hope they have a solution.

FirLocke

I actually had this problem when transferring content from my PS3 to my PSP just recently. Tried to transfer Persona 2 which I got from the recent sale, but nope. It just wouldn't work. Had to go into my router settings and change its security type to be compatible with the PSP (it can be WPA or WEP). Signed into PSN with my PSP for the first time in forever via the new 2 step stuff and downloaded the game directly from the download list. Very annoying I had to do this, but that's the workaround I found.

NateDog

I've had similar issues recently with transferring PS1 downloads from my PS3 to my PSP. Was planning on trying with my Vita but this doesn't sound promising. What about regions, did you guys buy them on different accounts to that on your portable systems? I did with some of mine which was one of the problems I faced, was wondering if there was a way to fix that but it sounds like there's a bigger issue now.

jsnepo

I've had similar issues recently with transferring PS1 downloads from my PS3 to my PSP. Was planning on trying with my Vita but this doesn't sound promising. What about regions, did you guys buy them on different accounts to that on your portable systems? I did with some of mine which was one of the problems I faced, was wondering if there was a way to fix that but it sounds like there's a bigger issue now.

Same region, same account. It was working before. Now it isn't.

iboshow

Banned
A friend of mine tried it and it worked, I tried it and it didn't work. I think it's the 2FA since he doesn't use it and I do.

jsnepo

A friend of mine tried it and it worked, I tried it and it didn't work. I think it's the TFA since he doesn't use it and I do.

Good to know. I'll disable mine once I get home. I've got a few games on my PS3 that I want to transfer.

//ARCANUM

SOLVED! it is indeed a bug with 2 factor authentication.

I tested the issue on my PS3 and Vita with 2 factor activated and I was unable to transfer MGS.

I deactivated 2 factor and I was able to successfully transfer MGS!

It sucks that 2 factor broke this, but at least there's a workaround.

I'm now re-activating 2 factor to be safe of course.

I'm just glad I was able to get MGS back on my Vita. Making a mental note to never ever delete it lol!

Megatron

I tested the issue on my PS3 and Vita with 2 factor activated and I was unable to transfer MGS.

I'm just glad I was able to get MGS back on my Vita. Making a mental note to never ever delete it lol!

You deactivated two factor on the PS3 or vita? I never set up 2 factor. Would it have set itself up automatically? I can transfer some games. The only ps1 classics I can transfer are Pandamonium, Alundra and Klonoa.

Did you ever actually try MGS before?

//ARCANUM

You deactivated two factor on the PS3 or vita? I never set up 2 factor. Would it have set itself up automatically? I can transfer some games. The only ps1 classics I can transfer are Pandamonium, Alundra and Klonoa.

Did you ever actually try MGS before?

I had MGS on my Vita before (stupidly deleted it for space forgetting the hassle to get it on there). I had 2 factor set up on my PSN account so therefore it was on my Vita and PS3 too. I deactivated it on the account which then immediately fixed my issue (after re-signing in to my PS3 and Vita).

Megatron

I had MGS on my Vita before (stupidly deleted it for space forgetting the hassle to get it on there). I had 2 factor set up on my PSN account so therefore it was on my Vita and PS3 too. I deactivated it on the account which then immediately fixed my issue (after re-signing in to my PS3 and Vita).

Ok, so you tried to transfer MGS in the past couple days, before you disabled the 2 factor? Or you just saw this thread and assumed it wouldn't work? I never activated 2 factor and can't see a lot of the games I downloaded on my PS3.

//ARCANUM

Ok, so you tried to transfer MGS in the past couple days, before you disabled the 2 factor? Or you just saw this thread and assumed it wouldn't work? I never activated 2 factor and can't see a lot of the games I downloaded on my PS3.

I tried to do it with 2 factor authentication activated and it gave me an error. My Vita could see the game but a few seconds after hitting copy I'd get an error.

Megatron

Ok I just checked. I do not have two factor enabled, and I cannot see some games at all when I connect, such as Patapon 3.

For ps1 games I can't see mega man legends 1,2, torn bonne, mega man 8, Tomba and strider 2.

I can see Daxter, the sega collection (psp) and ps1 classics Klonoa, Pandamonium and Alundra.

I've never needed a PS3 to transfer MGS1?
I usually just download it from the PS Vita store if I want to play it.
Glad you've got it fixed tho!

//ARCANUM

I've never needed a PS3 to transfer MGS1?
I usually just download it from the PS Vita store if I want to play it.
Glad you've got it fixed tho!

What country are you in? On the U.S. PSN Vita store, MGS doesn't show up anywhere. Can't even tell it to download to your Vita from the webstore.

jsnepo

Thanks for this. I was to try this at home last night but fell asleep quickly. Gonna do it tonight when I get home. Hopefully Sony fixes this bug soon.

Megatron

Thanks for this. I was to try this at home last night but fell asleep quickly. Gonna do it tonight when I get home. Hopefully Sony fixes this bug soon.

Looks like disabling the 2 factor only helps if you can see the game but it errors out. What this thread is about is you cant even see a lot of your games at all anymore, when attempting to load games to the vita from the ps3. Disabling the 2 factor does nothing for that problem.

MooMilk2929

I think I'm gonna set up 2 factor soon cause I keep hearing people getting hacked. I hope they fix the issue soon cause I will probably get myself a PSP around christmas.

antibolo

Banned
So... no news about this?

I have a few PSP games I want to transfer over, and I don't wanna have to disable 2FA, bleh.

Top Bottom