• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corn chips or potato chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I normally go for potato chips, specifically kettle cooked ones, but if I had to choose which one I enjoy more between the two, then it's corn chips, hands down.

fritos-original.png

doritos-toasted-corn.png

gallery-1454087864-simply-tostitos.jpg

bbq-corn-chips-bag.gif

91tomtB31eL._AC_UL320_SR242,320_.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaas

Corn chips for dipping, potato chips for just eating straight from the bag. Corn chips are more versatile though; you can eat a corn chip on its own, but you can't dip a potato chip in salsa without looking like a sociopath.

rrs

fritos are good while lays are thin sliced bullshit

only acceptable potato chips are x-tra unhealthy shortening made kettle chips or fresh fried ones

Poppy

the only pork rinds/chicharonnes i have had have an aftertaste of old oil, sadness and death

they are okay i guess but nothing beats potato chips

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I generally prefer potato chips, specifically of the kettle variety. (I'd always steered away from salt and vinegar chips until I tried the Kettle brand sea salt and vinegar ones.)

However, corn chips or tortilla chips are better to me when there is some kind of dip.

Corn chips, as I've lost a bit of my taste for potato chips.

HOWEVER, I'd take popcorn over pretty much anything besides pork cracklins or corn nuts.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
America has the worst selection ever.

Crisps, potato chips in the UK. You would be floored.

Not sure how you can make such a silly sweeping statement that America has the worst selection of freaking potato chips when there are sooooo many brands that are sold here, probably even some of the brands you enjoy.

And for your information, kettle cooked chips are widely popular here.

I've munched on a lot of Korean and Japanese savory snacks that are corn based and always have found them to be too sweet.

Potato > Corn

mhayes86

Both, sort of. I prefer potato chips since I can eat those plain, but corn chips absolutely need a dip/salsa to go with them.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Both, sort of. I prefer potato chips since I can eat those plain, but corn chips absolutely need a dip/salsa to go with them.

I used to think so as well, but then I started eating Tostitos from the bag and now it's so much worse for me (read: better) because I'll eat the whole bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom