• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cornerstone - Wind Waker + Dark Souls + crafting + physics + open world

jontaguse

Neo Member
If you need some info about Nintendo or getting an idea about the costs to port it to Wii U, you should contact this guy here: https://twitter.com/Dan_Adelman

He can help you answer your questions or give you a better idea about what it takes to bring the game over :)

That being said, the game looks very interesting. I'm curious to see more of it in the near future.

Thanks! we'll make sure to check it out!

duppolo

sorry, i just wanted this game to be seen. what u didnt like of it? i mean, it make me dance in space with rainbow magic

Found a site that has first impressions of the Cornerstone demo:
http://blog.kilabytes.com/post/63865563764/first-impressions-exclusive-cornerstone-the#.UlwrDFCUSUB

The foes are where similarities between Dark Souls become apparent, these guys really aren’t to be underestimated. I found myself dying a good few times to the very first foe I met though admittedly I would still be getting used to actual combat while taking it on - but enemies met later were far from being face rolled and could easily down you, especially if you took on more than one at once.

The various enemies you encounter all are capable of countering you and defending themselves, they have appropriate amounts of defense and health in accordance with their appearance, and all are able to dish out more damage then you can, at least in this demo.

...currently it’s difficult is while still quite punishing, not overly brutal as Dark Souls however.

This was a particularly enjoyable part of the game. As I walked or sailed around the island there was always an objective within sight to try and reach, such as treasure chests, items to pick up or new paths or objects to interact with (such as a jumping pad hidden behind the island).

Out at sea things got more interesting as entirely new paths could be found such as from seemingly insignificant islets, which would lead you to new objects, items, treasure and paths back on land.

Sailing around on the boat was also quite a joy...though with the number of ways (harpoon, storage, garden, salvage claw etc) you can use the boat combined with the puzzle like nature of the maps means that mastering its use will definitely be in your favour.

There are also plenty of non combat related zones, such as NPC’s, Stalls, building and towns to explore, which also have hidden goodies to be found..

Epic Drop

Looks cool, but I'm not sure the Kickstarter will be funded. It is just over half way funded with only 12 days to go.

If you guys are interested in it, now is the time to help kickstart it!

Ok, so I played the demo a few times. Of course it's still unpolished and needs work but the gameplay is there and it's great. You have a lot of options and choices and ways to approach a situation. For example, in just the first area of this demo, there's a patrolling enemy. Here are the ways I got past him:
- Stealthily, avoid confrontation
- Sneak attack from behind
- Direct fight
- Throw a mine at him
- Set the mine on his patrol path and get out of sight
- Used the harpoon gun on my boat
- Totally avoid him and just go to another part of the island

The graphics are colorful and have a vibrant style. Using your boat is easy and fun. The demo area is quite large so if that's any indication of the full game, this is going to great.. There are no optimization or graphic options in the demo so it was a bit laggy for me, but manageable

Definitely give this a try

Dremark

Banned
Dark Souls must have sold really well as it seems like it's the main influence on just about every kickstarter project I see a thread about here.

I've made it a policy of mine to not back any kick starters that name drop Dark Souls

So that pretty much rules out all of them at this point, doesn't it?

duppolo

to be an alpha, the demo is so good. i really hope these guys could have the money to made their dream come true, cause i will love to play their dream

Huh...I was worried for this game, but it seems that the final day boost is going to help Cornerstone meet its goal. About four days to go and less than 10K till being funded. I think the game can make it

I just saw the article on this on RPS - it looks pretty good and the premise is intriguing. They're fairly close to their goal - only a few days left.

The devs released a free pre-alpha build on Desura. Probably the same as the other demo, but try it if you haven't. For such an early stage, I found it quite fun and open-ended

sullytao

My pc isn't powerful enough to run this at the moment but it will be criminal if this doesn't make it to its goal in time.

So close! Less than $200 to go

Now I'm curious. Isn't a common issue with Kickstarters is they lose a chunk of funding due to declined payments, etc.? This campaign seems like it's going to be really really close so losing funding could be pretty bad

New screenshot

Then
tumblr_mrzszt9Plc1s3fdoko1_500.jpg

Now
tumblr_n0frn3x35B1s3fdoko1_500.png

We wanted to make some substantial progress before we showed any more of the game. Your cries have been heard, check back tomorrow for a new video showing off some cool stuff. For now here is a teaser picture of the re-designed Tyrim, hope you like!

Has anyone played the demo for this? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm downloading it now.

I'm curious as to whether I can run the game, and whether it will play well without a controller.

Top Bottom