• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coro Coro: Necrozma DMDW/Solgaleo/Lunala Z-Moves, use Z-moves more times in battle

- Two new Z crystals, Solgaleo's Z crystal changes Sunsteel Strike into Sunshine Hammer. Lunala's Z crystal changes Moongeist Beam into Moonlight Blaster

- Solgaleo and Dusk Mane Necrozma can use the Solgaleo's Z crystal, Lunala and Dawn Wings Necrozma can use Lunala's Z crystal

- Dusk Mane Necrozma has a new move called Photon Geyser

- Necrozma keeps its Prism Armour ability when it captures Solgaleo or Lunala

Prism Armor reduces damage from supereffective moves by ¼ (regardless of the effectiveness multiplier).

Prism Armor is not ignored by the Abilities Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze.[

- Z Rotom Power, the closer you are to Rotom, the more powerful you become giving you the ability to perform Z moves more than once.

- Rotomdex has new features like Rotopon, which sound like the O Powers from X/Y/ORAS, gives you boosted expereince, finding items

- You can interact with Rotom more, answering questions and getting reactions from it

Source is the usual place you'd find Pokémon news

Rafavert

OP was in a rush to be the first to post, its only if you are a friend of rotom dex, think something like o-powers from XY

I read in Serebii as well and noticed that part. Still huge =p
But it will probably not be useable against other players (hopefully).

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Still No mention of National Dex...
And still no indication of new Alola Forms or a Battle Frontier...man this one is shaping up to be a barebones 3rd version that will be down there with Pokemon Crystal in terms of meaningful content.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Did you miss last week’s news? lol
-So far I seen 3 new Ultra Beasts
-A revamp Story with the inclusion of Necrozma and the Ultra Recon Squad
-Some new Z Moves with a new Lycanrock form
-Some new mini games busy work such Mantine Surfing/Photo Mode/Ultra Space Wormhole traveling
-And 1 new Trial

Nearly everything listed so far will lose it's luster/use after the first playthrough and I don't understand why Game Freak has had an aversion towards including good post game content ever since X/Y when they did such a wonderful job with the Black/White games in this regard.

JoeM86

-So far I seen 3 new Ultra Beasts
-A revamp Story with the inclusion of Necrozma and the Ultra Recon Squad
-Some new Z Moves with a new Lycanrock form
-Some new mini games busy work such Mantine Surfing/Photo Mode/Ultra Space Wormhole traveling
-And 1 new Trial

Nearly everything listed so far will lose it's luster/use after the first playthrough and I don't understand why Game Freak has had an aversion towards including good post game content ever since X/Y when they did such a wonderful job with the Black/White games in this regard.

So it only factors in as not being barebones if it has a new battle facility?

JoeM86

What's this discrimination against Dawn Wings Necrozma? No new move for it but the Dusk Mane version does? Trash.

We don't know if the move is exclusive to Dusk Mane. We've only seen the Dusk Mane form use it. Nothing has said or implied exclusivity

Xion_Stellar

Not really...

Also do note a comparison of the games one month for launch instead of comparing the released product to pre-release content
That's why I said the game is shaping up to be not a great contender compared to the stuff we got in Emerald,Platinum and both Gen V games in terms of post game content. I will make the full comparison once the game actually releases but so far they haven't shown me anything that filled me with confidence that this isn't going by be another ORAS, X/Y or SuMo barebones post game heck the story isn't even a sequel this time around.

In fact if you ask me that's the best way to describe all the 3DS games so far it's been good enough but good enough in the sense that Red/Blue was good enough with the basics covered but nothing more almost as if the transition to full 3D (twice in the same hardware) was too much of a burden to add anything extra content past the basics since Game Freaks insist of trying really hard to get a new Pokemon game out nearly every yea.

JoeM86

That's why I said the game is shaping up to be not a great contender compared to the stuff we got in Emerald,Platinum and both Gen V games in terms of post game content. I will make the full comparison once the game actually releases but so far they haven't shown me anything that feels me with confidence that this isn't going by be another ORAS, X/Y or SuMo barebones post game heck the story isn't even a sequel this time around.

In fact if you ask me that's the best way to describe all the 3DS games so far it's been good enough but good enough in the sense that Red/Blue was good enough with the basics covered but nothing more almost as if the transition to full 3D (twice in the same hardware) was too much of a burden to add anything extra content past the basics since Game Freaks insist of trying really hard to get a new Pokemon game out nearly every yea.

You know that's because their research has indicated a very very small portion bothered with the Battle Frontiers, even smaller finished and kids these days won't bother with things like that if it's too hard.

Toxi

Banned
You know that's because their research has indicated a very very small portion bothered with the Battle Frontiers, even smaller finished and kids these days won't bother with things like that if it's too hard.
As pointed out before, you could say the same thing about competitive Pokemon in general. Doesn't stop Gamefreak from prioritizing competitive Pokemon over meatier post-game content.

Why are people expecting this to be a thing? We never got the original dragon.
Cause of those eyes what else is that suppose to be...?
pokemon-ultra-sun-box-art.jpg

Xion_Stellar

Which is the unfortunate catch with being invested into this franchise when you have outgrown the target audience that Nintendo is aiming for. You're typically out of luck in terms of content or features that wouldn't appeal to a child but would appeal to it's older audience and that can be frustrating to see sometimes because according to Nintendo's own metrics it's actually the older fans who are buying these games instead of the kids they are relentlessly aiming for.

JoeM86

As pointed out before, you could say the same thing about competitive Pokemon in general. Doesn't stop Gamefreak from prioritizing competitive Pokemon over meatier post-game content.

Yeah and as I said before, I agree it's a lame excuse but I do fully understand it.

People have this odd notion that if I explain the reason why, then I am shilling it and agreeing with it.

Bubble

Neo Member
- Rotomdex has new features like Rotopon, which sound like the O Powers from X/Y/ORAS, gives you boosted expereince, finding items

Sounds nice, but the problem still remains. Where and who do you battle to get the experience? You got the shitty "Once-a-day" Battle Restaurant and... yeah, that's it. Would be nice to have some device that lets you re-battle trainers, but that's obviously low on the pecking order over at GF.

Sounds nice, but the problem still remains. Where and who do you battle to get the experience? You got the shitty "Once-a-day" Battle Restaurant and... yeah, that's it. Would be nice to have some device that lets you re-battle trainers, but that's obviously low on the pecking order over at GF.

I'm crossing my fingers for a new area similar to Mt. Battle or Black Tower/White Tree where you still earn experience despite it being a facility.

watership

"Coro Coro: Necrozma DMDW/Solgaleo/Lunala Z-Moves, use Z-moves more times in battle"

I would like to nominate this is as the most inside baseball and impenetrable Gaf topic ever.

Sandfox

USUM is adding some interesting elements to the games. I'm curious to see some of the smaller things that we won't know until release.

I don't really see the connection between the two.

Smasher89

It would make sence, but two other options is the same pokemon might use zmoves more then once, or its just multiple pokemon gets to use z moves, but just once per pokemon.

Maybe the new faction leader will throw a Z-Move at you with everyone one of his pokemon with this change now, that'll be a tricky match to beat.

Top Bottom