• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coro Coro to reveal new Pokémon- Magiana

The only three types I can conceive are:

Sound (Jigglypuff, Exploud)
Manmade (Magnemite, Castform, Porygon)
Digital (a specific variant of manmade, which would only really include Porygon and new Pokemon)

Another option too is that they could introduce a third quasi-type that isn't always applicable (ie, Shadow and Light types, like Shadow Lugia).

Illucio

Banned
BW2 outsold Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. I think its sales were just fine.

I don't see what a hypothetical Machine type offers that Steel doesn't. Okay there's a few small things you could do, but it's very little overall. Sound makes more sense, though I don't think it's too likely.

Well to be fair BW2 had two difference games instead of just 1 like Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. So that means double the sales. It's going to be the same tactic they will use for Fire Emblem Fates, tie in the sales for both games and call it the best selling game in the series.

Digital (a specific variant of manmade, which would only really include Porygon and new Pokemon)

Another option too is that they could introduce a third quasi-type that isn't always applicable (ie, Shadow and Light types, like Shadow Lugia).

Well sound would be:
Igglypuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Wismur/Loudred/Exploud
Noibat/Noivern
Chatot
Meloetta
Kricketot/Kricketune
Chingling/Chimecho

Possibly could be part sound:
Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
Tailow/Swellow
Hoothoot/Noctowl
Litleo/Pyroar
Minccino/Cinccino
Absol

That's a pretty good start up point for sound types.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sound is an attribute like contact btw, it doesn't need to be a type

we already have sound-attribute moves that cover huge spectrum, from Boomburst to Bug Buzz.

The only other type I would wanna see is cosmic.

Like a move like spacial rend, what the hell does that have to do with dragons? It's distorting space, sounds like some cosmic shit to me.

Cosmic shit is now covered by Fairy type. It's why I feel certain mons need retyping still (Deoxys and Jirachi)

Well to be fair BW2 had two difference games instead of just 1 like Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. So that means double the sales. It's going to be the same tactic they will use for Fire Emblem Fates, tie in the sales for both games and call it the best selling game in the series.

Well sound would be:
Igglypuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Wismur/Loudred/Exploud
Noibat/Noivern
Chatot
Meloetta
Kricketot/Kricketune
Chingling/Chimecho

Possibly could be part sound:
Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
Tailow/Swellow
Hoothoot/Noctowl
Litleo/Pyroar
Minccino/Cinccino
Absol

That's a pretty good start up point for sound types.

You can add Audino into that list as well!

we already have sound-attribute moves that cover huge spectrum, from Boomburst to Bug Buzz.

Cosmic shit is now covered by Fairy type. It's why I feel certain mons need retyping still (Deoxys and Jirachi)

Cosmic stuff is psychic territory in Pokemon. See Anistar and Mossdeep Gyms.

Plus, it'll be weird for them to not add new types with fairy in gen 6 though. They're hurting the pokemon bank compatibility!

I don't see a need for a new type. What would be the point? The balance will never be totally perfect, but it's pretty solid where it's at. Every type has some competitively viable Pokémon and some aesthetically pleasing ones as well. Where is this new type rumor coming from anyway? Is it because it's manmade?

Boss Doggie

Cosmic stuff is psychic territory in Pokemon. See Anistar and Mossdeep Gyms.

Plus, it'll be weird for them to not add new types with fairy in gen 6 though. They're hurting the pokemon bank compatibility!

I'm talking about stuff like space and shit. Moon-related moves tend to be Fairy type.

Then again a meteor-summoning move is a Dragon-type.

I'm talking about stuff like space and shit. Moon-related moves tend to be Fairy type.

Then again a meteor-summoning move is a Dragon-type.

Space stuff are split between dragon, psychic and fairy, I guess?

Cosmic-Psychic Pokemon: Solrock, Lunatone, Deoxys, Jirachi, Cresselia
Cosmic-Psychic moves: Cosmic Power, Lunar Dance

Moonblast etc from Fairy

Draco Meteor etc. from Dragon

Yeah on top of that how would sound work? There would be no logical strengths or weaknesses.

I doubt mechanical/machine would ever be a type or that we will even get a new type anytime soon. However, a machine type is more logical than Sound. Machine would probably have weaknesses to Water and Electricity. It also kinda fits in with GF's type names (Bug, ghost, fairy, dragon). There are also many different Pokemon concepts that could be placed into a machine type as well as Pokemon that already exist that could fit in that typing. Like I said it's not gonna happen but this is the same company that decided to separate ground and rock into two categories instead of a generic earth type like most games would do. They also added a dragon and bug type which would seem out there or redundant in some ways when bug and Dragon concepts could've just been thrown in other types. There'd still be plenty of room for Pokemon in both Steel type and Machine type and I don't think it'd take away quite as much as people think. However the type itself seems unecessary.

I don't understand why GF was rather stingy with the retypings when Fairy was introduced. I mean Celebi is a stereotypical fairy but it remains a Grass/Psychic.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm we should have Magiana news today right

What news is there to expect? And where from? I figured we'd gotten everything we'd be getting (appearance and basic info minus the type), but I haven't been following it closely.

Firestorm

High Res Art:

Magearna
Category: Artificial Pokémon
Height: 3’03”
Weight: 177.5 lbs.

h3BccAk.jpg

instead of manmade they can go with Artificial, sounds better imo. Lump porygon, castform, magiana, mewtwo and all those other ones that were created by people.

Firestorm

Pronunciation is probably "Ma-GEAR-na", right?

Probably. Here's the description in the PR:

New Mythical Pokémon Discovered

The newly discovered Mythical Pokémon Magearna will appear in the next Pokémon movie, scheduled for release later this year. Known as the Artificial Pokémon, Magearna has a metallic body and was created by humans 500 years ago.

Magearna
Category: Artificial Pokémon
Height: 3’03”
Weight: 177.5 lbs.

In this latest Pokémon full-length feature film, a mysterious force binds Ash to the Mythical Pokémon Volcanion when it falls from the sky. Volcanion can’t get away, and Ash is dragged along as it continues on its mission. They arrive in a city of cogs and gears, where a corrupt minister has stolen the ultimate invention: the Artificial Pokémon Magearna, created 500 years ago. The minister plans to use Magearna’s mysterious power to take control of the mechanical kingdom. Can Ash and Volcanion work together to rescue Magearna? One of the greatest battles in Pokémon history is about to unfold!

seeing how it has a bolt peace or w/e as a head i think its safe to say thats more or less how its pronounced. I still wonder if this pokemon counts as gen 6 or 7 since this mon was nowhere inside the files of the gen 6 games I'm guessing its probably our first sneak peak into gen 7.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

The Japanese name which is basically the same thing is "Ma-gi-a-na", so more or less. I think you don't really just say "gear", but more like "geer". Kind of like "machina" I imagine.

I'm telling you, Artificial Pokémon is such a shitty non special tag to have. we have like a good 10 pokemon who are artificially made, being known as the Artificial Pokémon tells me you're not that unique if thats what you're known for. if it was at least called "the first artificial pokemon" at least it has something under its belt. i mean yea i know that thats what they're going for but it doesn't sound that great when its just "Artificial Pokémon"

It was pretty clear that it was supposed to be gear. That's what ギア is, after all. And the whole steampunk aesthetic.

Boss Doggie

Surely no more mangina jokes in English right

Also we actually never got Magiana's romanized name right? Magearna might as well be its Japanese name too.

Same situation as Victini then. This could mark a new generation as Victini was first in the unova dex as a mythical pokemon and it could be the same here if Magearna isn't a Kalos pokemon. It is number 722 after all national. Maybe it is number 0 in the new dex?

Top Bottom