• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coronavirus Lockdown Movie Playlists!!

TacosNSalsa

Since we already have a video game thread dealing with a similar idea:

Thought why not have one for movies?

Some of us are under govt. enforced lockdowns and a lot are self quarantining themselves cabin fever can be quite substantial under these circumstances . So hope we can get some good recommendations for movies , shows , hell even youtube channels that have a lot of content to help pass the time . Also a place to prehaps share any kind of deals going around now..

Format is simple: Name of movie , genre , where to watch(legit only please not no www.weripmoviestostealyourinfo.com/thankyou) and is it free or not . Synopsis if you like as well!

Shudder is giving away one month free with code :SHUTIN

Horror , on Shudder, and paid sub ...but they are giving away one month
Really enjoyed these ..

Hell House,LLC (Low budget fun)
dFpjqmal.jpg

In the Mouth of Madness
87meVih.gif

Re-Animator
CC9Gp72.gif

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I've been finishing watching my DragonballZ blurays this week.

After I'll move on to Super, then probably do a run of the entirety of classic Doctor Who, then either X-Files or start OG DragonBall again.

Netflix: Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco, Outbreak, Would You Rather.

Shudder: Summer of 84, Threads.

Amazon Prime: Pet, Contagion, Fighting With My Family, Digging up the Marrow.

Did I mention Pet? If not watch Pet.

WATCH PET ALREADY!

kunonabi

I'm working through my movies from last year so I can do my top 100 list.

Remaining films:

Jinpa
The Bravest
The Rookies
My Best Summer
Fall in Love at First Kiss
Chasing the Dragon II: Wild Wild Bunch
The Knight of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang
A Home with a View
So Long, My Son
Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982
A Diamond in the Rough
Inseparable Bros.
Romang
Just Only Love
Until I Meet September's Love
You Shine in the Moonlight
Another World
Love's Twisting Path
Day and Night
Depraved
Bliss
Luz
Tigers Are Not Afraid

Since you have In the Mouth of Madness and Re-animator, keeping with the Lovecraft theme, I just recently watched Color out of Space with Nicolas Cage:

32bf16ea779099782952cb4541345769_L.jpg

The first cosmic horror movie I've ever seen done well. It's got some goofy parts, but overall it's a great take on HP Lovecraft's short story, capturing his themes wonderfully. Hopelessness, despair, a strange and otherworldly set of events. Been in my head all weekend.

Top Bottom