• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosby Show final season guest actress says Cosby drugged, raped and threatened her

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/cosby-show-actress-accuses-bill-cosby-sexual-assault-191123143.html

In a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred in New York, Lili Bernard and Sammie Mays shared their allegations against Cosby. Lili, who appeared in an episode of the final season of “The Cosby Show,” claimed that she was drugged, raped and threatened by Cosby while he was mentoring her in preparation for her appearance as “the zany and very pregnant Mrs. Minifield.”

Bernard claimed that she last saw the comedian at the “Cosby Show” studios in 1992, where he told her, “As far as I’m concerned, Bernard, you’re dead. Do you hear me? You’re dead, Bernard. You don’t exist, I never wanna see your face again. Now get the hell out of here!”

“I interpreted that as a death threat and feared for my life,” Bernard said.

Bernard claims to have become suicidal in the months following that encounter, and said that she still suffers panic attacks and night terrors “as a result of what Mr. Cosby did to me.”

During Friday’s conference, Sammie Mays said that she encountered Cosby in the mid-’80s, as a writer covering the NATPE convention in New Orleans. According to Mays, when she asked Cosby for a brief interview, she invited him to walk with her from the convention center across the street to his hotel. (and you know the rest)

Bernard and Mays join more than 40 women who have accused Cosby of sexual assault. Bernard reported her incident to the police this week, since there is no statute of limitations on sexual assault in New Jersey, where she says the rape took place.

Per the bolded, maybe the first chance of this coming to trial at some point?

Also, if Cosby was brazen enough to rape a guest actress I'm convinced now that someone from the main cast had to have some kind of knowledge of this at some point.

Also, what's Phylicia "It's not about the women" Rashad going to say now? "It's not about the guest actresses?"

Even Whoopi's probably gonna skip out on Cosby's next birthday party.

Don't give her too much credit. Several months ago when Rosie O'Donnell was still on the show and regularly taking Whoopi and other idiot Cosby defenders to task, at one point Whoopi actually had the nerve to say "After the VA rape scandal being discredited I just don't take any chances when believing accustations like these." So....yeah, Whoopi Goldberg is quite stubbornly brain dead in her denial over this disaster.

Oh yeah, and Dick Gregory said he personally told Cosby not to worry about the accusations because it's all just a white supremacist conspiracy because he wanted to buy NBC at some point over twenty years ago:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...romontory-chicago-20150409-column.html#page=2

Q: You left stand-up for a while, at a moment when black performers like Richard Pryor and Bill Cosby were changing comedy. You were close with Cosby. Have you followed the accusations?

A: Closely. I am not surprised because, as I told him, if you understand white supremacy, you can't be surprised. Why are all these women coming out now? Where do they come from? Do they know each other? "He did this, he did this.…" Bill has never been found guilty of nothing. I'm not saying he didn't do anything. But the world is fed by greed. And you don't see (the women accusing Cosby of sexual assault) standing up for women in general. Also, Cosby tried to buy NBC once. Wonder who he bugged, you know?

She ran from those comments like a day or two after she made them IIRC.

No, she didn't actually. In an interview with ABC Nightly news she epically failed in trying to dress it up as "I never said forget these women, I actually said 'This is not about the women because..." and then she want on to say by "This" that she didn't really mean to insult Cosby's accusers, but rather by "This" she of course meant the mythical, shadowy conspiracy to keep Bill Cosby from appearing on TV again. Rashad: "It's worked, he's not on television anymore." Yup, because why would any white TV exec want the nuisance of Bill Cosby returning to television after he generated hundreds of millions with his TV show and various stand up specials?

Interview was done by Linsey Davis. She was very skeptical when questioning Rashad and actually looked pissed at her dumb answers.

No, she didn't actually. In an interview with ABC Nightly news she epically failed tried to dress it up as "I never said forget these women, I actually says 'This is not about the women because..." and then she want on to say by "This" that she didn't really mean to insult Cosby's accusers, but rather by "This" she of course meant the mythical, shadowy conspiracy to keep Bill Cosby from appearing on TV again. Rashad: "It's worked, he's not on television anymore." Yup, because why would any white TV exec want the nuisance of Bill Cosby returning to television after he generated hundreds of millions with his TV show and various stand up specials?

Interview was done by Linsey Davis. She was very skeptical when questioning Rashad and actually looked pissed at her dumb answers.

Yeah looking back she is just kind of dancing around. Thanks for the info.

Bernard reported her incident to the police this week, since there is no statute of limitations on sexual assault in New Jersey, where she says the rape took place.

Interesting. Cosby no doubt has a mutant powers legal team, though I'm curious if other victims can attend the trial on her behalf and offer their testimonies to add to the picture that he's, you know, a complete fucking monster.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
tumblr_n32955hvos1ttjvs0o1_1280.jpg

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I still can't believe this is a thing that has happened. Who would have imagined Bill fucking Cosby would be one of the worst human beings ever? No one. Because there was never any reason to. It's just still a shock I guess. I used to watch the Cosby Show every week as a kid. And Picture Pages every day.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I pretty much share the same feelings. Heck I loved the Huxtables, would never have imagined he was such a piece of rotten scum

PreFire

Another one?

Holy shit man, this guy is out of control.

I hope the truth comes out and justice is served. I also hope that the previous rape victims can include their testimony to the new rape charge, and somehow make the charges heavier since it's obvious he's a serial rapist.

Forced or not, these women did not give you permission to do whatever it is this fucker did. What strikes me is why the fuck did these women take so long to come out? If you were bribing the man it makes them no better. I know rape victims aren't always forth-coming and it usually takes another victim (of same rapist) speaking out in order to give them the confidence (at least in L&O:SVU) but this guy is famous/infamous (meaning you know who raped you, something most victims don't have), and if he did it to you he will do it to others.

Fry this fucker (if he really did all that horrible shit)

How do you convince so many people to shut up for so long?

When you're TV's golden goose powerful people and their resources can keep things "hush-hush". Also gotta remember we didn't have instantaneous free access to information the way we do with social media.

Back in the day a comic that says "Hey, this guy is a rapist" in a show doesn't get much exposure. Now with youtube....

Forced or not, these women did not give you permission to do whatever it is this fucker did. What strikes me is why the fuck did these women take so long to come out? If you were bribing the man it makes them no better. I know rape victims aren't always forth-coming and it usually takes another victim (of same rapist) speaking out in order to give them the confidence (at least in L&O:SVU) but this guy is famous/infamous (meaning you know who raped you, something most victims don't have), and if he did it to you he will do it to others.

Fry this fucker (if he really did all that horrible shit)

Rape leaves people feeling like they're powerless. Plus Cosby was essentially the face of wholesome family TV, so he had that defense going for him. And as many others in the thread have said, it becomes a he said/she said situation. Not hard to see why this would take so long to finally get surfaced.

How could he have gotten away with so many of these ? Like, what the hell.

It seems like he very deliberately targeted young aspiring actresses because it would be easy to intimidate them and scare them out of reporting anything. Which nobody trying to make it in Hollywood wants to come out and smear the name of Bill Cosby?

Meh. The more stories that come to fruition about this, the less I believe any of it. It seems that women are just coming out of the woodwork and accusing Cosby of raping them. It seems to me a lot of these women are opportunists.

How could he have gotten away with so many of these ? Like, what the hell.

Regular people can get away with these types of assaults fairly easily unfortunately. Someone with the wealth, power, and respect Cosby had at the time would be practically untouchable.

This is basically rape culture in action.

Meh. The more stories that come to fruition about this, the less I believe any of it. It seems that women are just coming out of the woodwork and accusing Cosby of raping them. It seems to me a lot of these women are opportunists.

What opportunities is accusing Bill Cosby of rape opening up for them?

Salmonax

Wow. To state the obvious, it's so bizarre to have someone who was the pinnacle of wholesomeness turn out to have been such a monster all along.

Speevy

Banned
Wow. To state the obvious, it's so bizarre to have someone who was the pinnacle of wholesomeness turn out to have been such a monster all along.

The more people know you for being a saint, the more likely your rise to prominence came from (or while) being a sinner.

Chuckl3s

How do you convince so many people to stay quiet for so long?

Fear. Cosby is a big celebrity. These ladies are probably were scared of the backlash. That's why you are hearing a lot more come forward cause it's already out in the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom