• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosby Show final season guest actress says Cosby drugged, raped and threatened her

Status
Not open for further replies.

yromem

Neo Member
But you don't understand! Things hadn't reached "critical mass" yet for all the innocent executives who could do nothing! NBC' president Bob Greenblatt was actually called out on this by reporters, his excuse is insulting:

Obviously my point wasn't necessarily about Bill Cosby's alleged rapes but rather, alleged child rapes and since you mentioned executives, you can throw that in too.

Are you SURE, Bob? Don't jump the gun now! The Cosby rape "core" might stabilize again!

Obviously my point wasn't necessarily about Bill Cosby's alleged rapes but rather, alleged child rapes and since you mentioned executives, you can throw that in too.

I wasn't being sarcastic towards you, I was obviously being sarcastic towards Hollywood and the execs and using that to merely support your point.

DJMicLuv

literally cannot get any worse

Oh, but it will John Kowalski, we both know it will.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm a Brit so when we heard Jimmy Saville was a rapist we were shocked. Until we found out he abused children, the elderly and the disabled, then we were even more shocked. Until we found out he was actually a necrophiliac rapist who possibly even shagged his own mother's corpse, then we we had reached the peak of Shock Mountain and could be shocked no more. I'm not saying Cosby is in the same league (I mean, how do you top Jimmy's antics) but after Saville and the rest of the UK television celebrities of the 70s getting up to all sorts of bothering behaviour nothing would surprise me any more.

yromem

Neo Member
I wasn't being sarcastic towards you, I was obviously being sarcastic towards Hollywood and the execs and using that to merely support your point.

The support for that point is very welcome because it is sociopathic for Hollywood to convince the public that decades-long allegations of rape by Bill Cosby are real and decades-long allegations of child-rape in Hollywood are make-believe and only the public can confront both Hollywood and the media about it.

lednerg

Huh, I didn't know there is no statute of limitations for sexual assaults in New Jersey. Shit just got really real.

Sadly without physical evidence its going to be very difficult to convict Cosby of any of these rape accusations. These women can probably win a civil case against him and get a lot of money out of him in emotional damages, but in a criminal case no amount of testimony will get him convicted beyond a reasonable doubt.

roknin

Oh, but it will John Kowalski, we both know it will.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm a Brit so when we heard Jimmy Saville was a rapist we were shocked. Until we found out he abused children, the elderly and the disabled, then we were even more shocked. Until we found out he was actually a necrophiliac rapist who possibly even shagged his own mother's corpse, then we we had reached the peak of Shock Mountain and could be shocked no more. I'm not saying Cosby is in the same league (I mean, how do you top Jimmy's antics) but after Saville and the rest of the UK television celebrities of the 70s getting up to all sorts of bothering behaviour nothing would surprise me any more.

Sweet tap-dancing Christ

What sickeningly creepy thing didn't the man do...?

Froli

Cosby's wife, something there will break with all this women coming forth. Probably a long shot, but one can hope.

Frodo

But... but... but... we should wait until he gets convicted before making assumptions.

These women might be lying!

slit

But... but... but... we should wait until he gets convicted before making assumptions.

These women might be lying!

That's what I don't get about the deniers.

I know he was at one time America's most beloved dad, but what kind of mental gymnastics go through your mind to come up with a conspiracy that large.

Farmboy

Did he just say 2 rapes are OK?

He basically meant that they had to sever ties when working with Cosby became unprofitable. Which is staggering douchbaggery, to be sure, but on some level you've almost got to respect his brazen honesty. It's indicative of Hollywood's entire MO during this mess.

So has he been indicted yet?

Be a shame if he has the record for most rape accussations ever for a celeb from different women and it all ends with nothing on his criminal record or even near to stepping foot in a court.

KHlover

Banned
Had she only accused him back then, or even better yet went to a doctor to have whatever evidence there is (e.g. bruises, maybe sperm) documented. The way it is now it's pretty unlikely for any evidence to surface, so the only thing happening will be the damage to his reputation - and considering there are still people defending Bill Cosby it isn't even a real success at that front.

slit

Had she only accused him back then, or even better yet went to a doctor to have whatever evidence there is (e.g. bruises, maybe sperm) documented. The way it is now it's pretty unlikely for any evidence to surface, so the only thing happening will be the damage to his reputation - and considering there are still people defending Bill Cosby it isn't even a real success at that front.

While that's true, there are lots of reasons people don't. I would never presume to judge in that situation. Even if he never faces any charges from this incident, at least it can be cathartic for her to at least get her story out there.

KHlover

Banned
While that's true, there are lots of reasons people don't. I would never presume to judge in that situation. Even if he never faces any charges from this incident, at least it can be cathartic for her to at least get her story out there.

Oh I'm not judging her - I'm well aware what consequences one would face for accusing one of the most popular actors of the country of raping you.

Frodo

This. I can not blame her for not reporting it earlier. Would it make it easier to prove it? Yes. But there is a lot of reason why people don't report those crimes. Influence of power, lack of belief on the justice system (specially when the abuser is rich and famous), pressure from other people to keep it quiet, fear that it might ruin a relationship they are in, even shame or fear of being stigmatised by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom