• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Costume Quest 2 (PC, consoles). Published by Majesco. Developed by Double Fine.

Spades

CostumeQuest2_Screen_01.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

CostumeQuest2_Screen_04.jpg

CostumeQuest2_Screen_02.jpg

During a recent demo of the game, played on PC — the game is coming to Linux, Mac, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Windows, Xbox 360 and Xbox One — we got to see what Double Fine is doing for Costume Quest 2.

One of the common criticisms of the first was its turn-based battles and how quickly they became repetitive. For the sequel, Double Fine is refining the battle system to keep players more engaged by adding attack combos and slightly changing the timing button presses in battles — players must now press the action button as their character strikes with their attack, not beforehand. The same is true for defending against enemy attacks. It's a small change, but an important one.

In Costume Quest 2, players will have access to a wider variety of Halloween costumes. Some fan favorites from the first game are returning, but Double Fine is expanding the dress up options with at least four new playable costumes: the Clown, the Superhero, the Pterodactyl and the Candy Corn.

Nice update here:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/2/5772672/costume-quest-2-preview-double-fine

Can't wait for this - I adored the first one.

Costume Quest was about as charming as they come. The battle system became pretty boring though after a while, but the characters and art design were fantastic, which is typical of Double Fine. My wife and I are looking forward to the sequel.

Top Bottom