• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could someone list the currently available PS3 demos for me?

I should be picking mine up this friday. Decent tax return plus that $100 trade in discount at EB puts the price where i want it to be. In all honesty i'm not planning on picking up any games with it (getting a handful of blu-ray titles i really want though) and i just wanted to know what demos are up to keep me going until Motorstorm next month.

I'll get Resistance eventually, but right now i'm in the middle of a couple of other shooters so I'm not going to pick it up right now.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Resistance, Genji, F1, NBA 07, Motorstorm, GT HD

Blast Factor, Cash Guns Chaos, Gripshift, Go Sudoku

Probably a few others, but not missing much there - there's not a lot at this time.

tanod

when is my burrito
kaching said:
Resistance, Genji, F1, NBA 07, Motorstorm, GT HD

Blast Factor, Cash Guns Chaos, Gripshift, Go Sudoku

Probably a few others, but not missing much there - there's not a lot at this time.

You want to know which ones are or aren't worth downloading though, IMO.
Can't speak for the "real" sports games

Don't Download:
Resistance - Just go buy the game
Go Sudoku - Unless you have a GF, apparently

Download:
Genji - Just to see how bad it is
Blast Factor - It's fun and worth $8
Motorstorm - Just fun, no way to explain why
GT: HD - It's purty. :)
Gripshift - Must see, the most innovative title on the PSN, although has some game mechanic quirks that almost break it

Cash Guns Chaos - I'm kind of on the fence with this one. It's intolerable with the voice announcer on. I went back to the demo and turned it off and it was actually kinda fun.

Off Topic: 300 Movie Trailer - Awesome

jenov4

If you sign up for a japanese account, you can get Ridge Racer 7 demo and a bunch of other Japanense centric games which I have no idea about. ;)

as i said, i'll buy resistance when i'm not in the middle of a couple of similar games.

given that i have all the other systems too, i'll probably download all the demos as i can play on one of those while the ps3 is doing the downloading.

hopefully they will fix that in march... but it's not that big a deal when the ps3 isn't your only system i'd imagine.

Yoboman said:
How come there are no third party demos?

That is a good question.

Are the 3rd party developers too lazy to create demos? I highly doubt that.

Is Sony using their store just to showcase their own titles? Very stupid if true . . . but I wouldn't be surprised considering how many other stupid decisions Sony has made with the PS3.

Maybe Sony wants some payment from the third parties for a right to put up demos? Again, that would be very stupid . . . but who knows?

Jim

Lemmings HAS to be on that list. Lemmings + online leaderboards = addictive.
Same with GripShift.

Sudoku is fun, if you like Sudoku. You can actually play against others online.

I already have a JP and a Euro (not activated) account setup just for downloading demos/trailers from the various regions. It's ridiculously easy, and all content can be viewed/played by any PS3 account, regardless of which one was used to download them.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Lemmings is really nice. I see that GAF's own Kittonwy is doing pretty damn good on the charts. Competing against times of people on your friends list is definitely addictive!

Also, I was quite amazed by GTHD to be honest. It not only looks leagues ahead of GT4, but it controls leagues better too. The cars and track they put in are top-notch too, Ferrari is just beautiful. I expected Motorstorm to blow GTHD away in terms of looks, and while I still think it's more impressive looking, GTHD won me over like I never expected it to - enough that I'm going to trade in GT4 and just keep playing GTHD whenever I need a GT fix.

Another unexpected turn of events, F1 demo turned me off a bit. There's definitely something wrong with framerate in that demo. I was really dead set thinking F1 looks much better than GTHD also, but unless they do something with framerate, that's definitely not the case.

jiggle said:
Create a JPN account and you can download Ridge Racer 7 demo ^^
Really?!! How do I create a JP account?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Jim said:
Lemmings HAS to be on that list.
It's only not on the list because I forgot whether it had a demo available.

plagiarize said:
i've never checked with my psp, are there 3rd party demos on the psp?
A few but, again, slim pickings so far. Hopefully this is changing soon as there have been indications that Sony is working on making more demos available as downloads for the PSP.

Top Bottom