• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could the Avengers (MCU) have stopped the invasion of Earth by Zod (MoS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
Faora was definetly my favorite part of MoS.

She #rekt Supes

faora2.gif

That poor IHOP™.

Sheroking

Could Routhman handle Thor? I've been watching Superman Returns and he's definitely stronger than MoS Superman.

I don't see any justification whatsoever for MCU Thor even landing a single glancing blow on MoS Superman, let alone Superman Returns Superman.

Superman literally lifted an island while being hit with Kryptonite. He could probably blow on Hulk and send to fucking space.

Shadownet

Banned
I don't see any justification whatsoever for MCU Thor even landing a single glancing blow on MoS Superman, let alone Superman Returns Superman.

Superman literally lifted an island while being hit with Kryptonite. He could probably blow on Hulk and send to fucking space.

Yeah let me stop you right there mate. Especially that last part.

Shadownet

Banned
Even with all these movies, it's likely (and should) go down as the most OP representation of a comicbook character in film.

It's almost funny how over the top that was.

Have we ever truly see the Hulk (Marvel movies) truly mad? Like seriously pissed off? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure if Hulk could fly he could lift the same thing.

Honestly I can't see Routh Superman being much of an opponent to Hulk, Cavill Superman on the otherhand..

Sheroking

In this discussion, bringing up comic lore or events is 100% pointless. I mean, even more pointless than the discussion itself.

Every major player in the MCU has been nerfed except the underpowered ones to begin with. Superman got nerfed, AFAIC, in MoS. If we go by what was shown to us in film, I say it's crazy one-sided and none of the Avengers would be able to land a single blow against the much, much faster Kryptonians. Like, so much faster, I don't think anybody could even see them move, let alone hit them. And every Avenger not named Thor or Hulk would be torn to pieces in seconds in that fight.

Have we ever truly see the Hulk (Marvel movies) truly mad? Like seriously pissed off? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure if Hulk could fly he could lift the same thing.

Honestly I can't see Routh Superman being much of an opponent to Hulk, Cavill Superman on the otherhand..

I mean, you have Cavill's Superman struggling to hold up an oil derrick and Routh's Superman being able to lift what probably amounts to 5 million oil derricks while being poisoned with a substance that takes his power away.

Yup, the Hulk is the one who clinches it. He is clearly more powerful.

The Sentry's power is constantly fluctuating because of his insanity. One day he can go one on one with Galactus and beat Molecule Man at his own game and the next a helicarrier explosion is enough to knock him out of his Sentry/Void form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom