• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could this be Guerilla's new IP?

Western Fallout with Samurais in Space will be sweet.

ok. Why that fully armored dude is wearing fur Eskimo coat? advanced future-space armour that don't have heat system is kinda silly.

Maybe it's a tribe thing. Most of what makes these designs cool are the cosmetics.

BadAss2961

how did OP miss this one

6ae57b7482dfd787573027os5i.jpg

These pics look great and colorful, hope they try to create a game in the style of these concept images.
I love how big guy's head is so small.

Incredible art. Would love to see this become reality.

Raven77

They don't look like something which would be in Destiny, in my opinion.

Anyway, those armors are somehow cool, they're different from usual armors

I definitely think they match Destinys art style and aesthetic very closely. Old school cloth garments mixed with "hard" armor.

The only thing that doesnt look anything like Destiny is the Asian inspired masks.

Servbot24

Banned
Love that one. The artist went through a lot of trouble creating several pieces from the same universe for it to be nothing :(

Every artist in the world does this. It's fun to do. Check every single pro artist blog in existence and you'll find stuff just like these.

Random example, Eytan Zana from Naughty Dog: http://ezdraws.blogspot.com/

There are seriously hundreds of new ideas farted out every single day by these guys in their free time that would make awesome games. There is never a shortage of ideas, only a shortage of resources.

styl3s

I am not a big kickstarter fan but i would throw a lot of money towards a game using these concept pictures.

I NEED DIS

Well, if this was the RPG (but without F2P or microtransactions crap that I think I heard about) it would make me buy a PS4 right now, I loved the art.

It's pretty safe to assume that if:

-GG is truly making an open-world RPG
-Killzone: SF's artist (Luc de Haan) is the primary art director

the game should be pretty unique looking, one way or another. Say what you will about Killzone's gameplay, but the art direction has been consistently excellent.
Now, will it look like de Haan's concept work? Maybe, maybe not... but I have to believe for GG to embark on a project in a genre like RPGs they won't want it to just be "Killzone with dialogue choices and melee" or "Skyrim with robots"; they'll probably want to give it its own identity with a memorable (and unique?) art direction that can stand out.

I have no doubt de Haan can do just that.

abadguy

Banned
This actually looks like a pretty cool concept. If this has anything to do with their new game it will be the first GG game that gets my interest.

Kinda looks like a combination of Trigun, Destiny, Xenoblade Chronicles and the Samurai 7 anime.

Yeah those elements do seem fairly commensurate and cognate to this.

Pity we'll probably never see the game of this. I remain doubtful they actually implemented this into a game.

It's going to be really exciting to see GG do something other than KZ. They seem like such a technically talented studio, i'm hoping a new universe and new genre can let their creative talents shine as well.

Every artist in the world does this. It's fun to do. Check every single pro artist blog in existence and you'll find stuff just like these.

Random example, Eytan Zana from Naughty Dog: http://ezdraws.blogspot.com/

There are seriously hundreds of new ideas farted out every single day by these guys in their free time that would make awesome games. There is never a shortage of ideas, only a shortage of resources.

Stop and let me rationalize being irrationally sad.

imagine an RPG shooter / Malay game with this art style. Open world able to run to the CAF with your friends Ghost Adventures. Great 3rd person games. Not like destiny which is first person. It would be magnificent really it would be magnificent. IPlayer Catholic player player. Go on forever you see people just talking about this brand new IP that changed everything exchange W

Thus is me trying to compose GAF posts with voice control. Never again.

Sothpaw

The flail looks badass. Never been a fan of ponchos though. But are Guerilla done with Killzone? Or just expanding? I actually really enjoy Killzone.

btags

What an odd mix of medieval armor and wild west motifs. Certainly would be a deviation from the art style in killzone!

wasn't this posted awhile back by Kotaku about one of GG's artist concept portfolio
we even made a thread about it

likely it is just random work then their new game

Respawn

Banned
Western Fallout with Samurais in Space will be sweet.

ok. Why that fully armored dude is wearing fur Eskimo coat? advanced future-space armour that don't have heat system is kinda silly.
Shhh its called pimpin your gear. Space dudes do like to look cool also. Does superman need a cape and exposed underwear? Nope, but it looks cool.

sora87

While this looks incredible and something I would love to see on my PS4, if Stig's new IP was cancelled because it looked too close to Destiny I highly doubt this would be green lit.

Top Bottom