• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Ludono

Dude on my team sat in spawn doing this every round... omega seemed to appreciate his work though :p

CF91E8FC8C694B13FB5D35C97D545253CB486DFE

Also...FREAK xDDDD

Lourio

Someone on GAF is a hax0r? /shame

Coming back from my short hiatus, managed to win 4 games in a row and rank up to MG2. Slowly but surely :-D

I'm too lazy to record stuff.

Omega

Banned
Halo World Championship 1 mil pool

ESL Cologne 250k
Dreamhack Katowice 250k
Dreamhack Winter 250k

Step your shit up Valve. Overdoziz got banned in a thread where people were happy with 20k viewers. 25k people watched Tempo Storm vs Team Liquid which is basically just spectating matchmaking.

Valkrai

ESL Cologne 250k
Dreamhack Katowice 250k
Dreamhack Winter 250k

Step your shit up Valve. Overdoziz got banned in a thread where people were happy with 20k viewers. 25k people watched Tempo Storm vs Team Liquid which is basically just spectating matchmaking.

They're raking in a ton of money, they should increase the prize pool. It won't be as big as The International but 250k is cheap as fuck.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just crowd fund it like Dota, add an E-Sports supporter pack that comes with custom skins, stickers and an emblem. Sell it for $9.99 and have most of the money go into the prize pool.

soultron

Banned

ESL Cologne 250k
Dreamhack Katowice 250k
Dreamhack Winter 250k

You understand that's part of the H5 marketing budget though, right?

Even if it's MCC, it's marketing for H5. It's trying to set up a foundation for H5's post-launch eSports bullshit.

rugioh

Banned
I always find watching competitive halo tournaments to be hilarious. If you listen to their in game comms its just 4 people talking over one another in a vacuum for 15 minutes at a time.

Valkrai

I always find watching competitive halo tournaments to be hilarious. If you listen to their in game comms its just 4 people talking over one another in a vacuum for 15 minutes at a time.

I learned that first hand, I turned off audio until comms were turned off. It's a mess to listen to.

rugioh

Banned
I do think it's ridiculous that ESL/Valve can't come together on some sort of crowdfunding incentive for the prize pools like what Dota has. Have a portion of skins in a new case+stickers go to the prize pool and I'm sure we would be seeing payouts similar to the first International. Even better if they provided game patch incentives, but the CS:GO devs are too incompetent.

Omega

Banned
You understand that's part of the H5 marketing budget though, right?

Even if it's MCC, it's marketing for H5. It's trying to set up a foundation for H5's post-launch eSports bullshit.

Yeah I get that but it's still kind of disappointing. CSGO is probably the third biggest game out there and it gives out the smallest winnings. Even if Valve doesn't want to put in more of their own money, why not do what St3v3 suggested?

I do think it's ridiculous that ESL/Valve can't come together on some sort of crowdfunding incentive for the prize pools like what Dota has. Have a portion of skins in a new case+stickers go to the prize pool and I'm sure we would be seeing payouts similar to the first International. Even better if they provided game patch incentives, but the CS:GO devs are too incompetent.

the $5 million dollar incentive

128 tick

That goal is met in 3 hours

Xizk

Yeah I get that but it's still kind of disappointing. CSGO is probably the third biggest game out there and it gives out the smallest winnings. Even if Valve doesn't want to put in more of their own money, why not do what St3v3 suggested?

the $5 million dollar incentive

128 tick

That goal is met in 3 hours

Unranked MM at 10 million..

EDIT: Apparently Halo prize is crowd funded as well..

che chou ‏@chespace 47s48 seconds ago
@MrAdamAp @Gerritzen prize pool STARTS at $1M - crowd funding details to come. ;)

cresto

The discrepancy between the way CSGO is handled and something like DOTA2 is utterly unacceptable. I feel like the community has been hounding Valve dev's for the past year to up their shit and little has been done. It's getting to the point where the game's ceiling is being reached and nothing has changed (in terms of the competitive scene). It's so disappointing that the ESL Cologne event is being over shadowed by The International and now even Halo. I get that its marketing budget, but I would hate to see how quickly Valve has made $1m on the skin game at this point. I feel like the bubble is going to burst sooner rather than later with the skin game and then CSGO will just continue to muddle about and will never truly reach its full potential.

Yeah, Valve don't even publicly acknowledge GO and its growth. Usually it's just ESL talking. CS is bigger than ever before, but it's always just Dota, before that TF2.

KingKong

Yes, literally all they need is a compendium with a bunch of milestones and they'd get a 5+ million prize pool. Thousands of keys and cases are sold every hour, can you imagine how easily they'd reach that if the compendium had a case with exclusive skins with rare ak/m4 and super rare awp?

Omega

Banned
its like they're ashamed that CS is huge. i don't see what else it could be. you have two of the biggest games in the world and yet fail to acknowledge one of them.

$18 million prize pool with only 25% going towards the pool so do the math on how much money Valve made.

Anyone else would do that for both games.

frbrr

Even if they create a CS International it wouldn't attract that many new players.
The casual experience is 100% shit, who's going to wade through that when they don't know the "real" game starts at lvl 3?

Omega

Banned
hasn't stopped them from treating it like one.

what relevance does that have anyway. Are F2P games the only ones allowed to do crowdfunding? Are F2P games the only ones allowed to have huge prize pools?

Valkrai

16-2 on Cache, HR got destroyed on their map pick even with s1mple with them. What a shitshow. Glad I bet on F3, ez skins ez life.

Xizk

"Matt T Wood ‏@matttwood 15s16 seconds ago
I kind of miss @Diablo 3. Might be time to fire it back up again."

1 of the 2 team members working on CS is going to be addicted to D3. [*]

Omega

Banned
"Matt T Wood ‏@matttwood 15s16 seconds ago
I kind of miss @Diablo 3. Might be time to fire it back up again."

1 of the 2 team members working on CS is going to be addicted to D3. [*]

it was fun while it lasted.

Rocket League couldn't have arrived at a better time

Top Bottom