• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(cousine needs help) -- Call of Doody (X360) keeps freezing at load screen

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Please help my cousin. His copy of "Call of Duty 2" on Xbox 360 keeps freezing at the loadup screen, specifically at the start of the British/Desert levels.

Anything he can do to get it to work?

OT: btw, if you haven't already... please donate to the "Save the Senator Theater" fund...

www.senator.com -- only 5 more days to raise 30k!!

Gahiggidy
My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 30k Wii within minutes of opening.
(Today, 08:30 PM)
Reply | Quote

Z3F

Banned
Gahiggidy said:
Please help my cousin. His copy of "Call of Duty 2" on Xbox 360 keeps freezing at the loadup screen, specifically at the start of the British/Desert levels.

Anything he can do to get it to work?

OT: btw, if you haven't already... please donate to the "Save the Senator Theater" fund...

www.senator.com -- only 5 more days to raise 30k!!

Exchange the game for a new copy if the return policy still allows it. Otherwise, I think many companies would exchange a new disc for a small fee. Your cousin's 360 drive is probably not as good as it should be. A friend of mine had similar problems with NBA2k7. Every game worked on his 360 perfectly except for NBA2k7. His game worked fine on my system though. He later exchanged his copy for a new copy which worked ok but the problems revealed that his drive's laser is weaker than normal.

pr0cs

It's a corrupt save game file, I had the same problem back at launch with CoD2. Pain in the ass but there is probably nothing wrong with your copy, just the game has bugs.
Restart the mission.

Nicktals

Banned
RANT:
I wish I could legally steal form charities. Seriously, maybe I'm just a bit bitter today, having gotten 6 phone calls before 11 from the police and fire departments, as well as the veteran's selling light bulbs...now I can't even read forums without being told to contribute to some cause? I really don't care. I'm well aware that policemen die, and I'm well aware that theater's close, and I'm well aware that veteran's have died...leave me alone. It's even worse than telemarketers, as there is really nothing you can do to stop them...Really, this seems like a thinly veiled attempt at spamming.
END RANT

Anyways, I think it's probably a corrupt file or maybe a disc problem...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Relax dude, it'll be over in 5 days and they'll knock it down for condos. No more bad men trying to get money from you.

accela

Nicktals said:
RANT:
I wish I could legally steal form charities. Seriously, maybe I'm just a bit bitter today, having gotten 6 phone calls before 11 from the police and fire departments, as well as the veteran's selling light bulbs...now I can't even read forums without being told to contribute to some cause? I really don't care. I'm well aware that policemen die, and I'm well aware that theater's close, and I'm well aware that veteran's have died...leave me alone. It's even worse than telemarketers, as there is really nothing you can do to stop them...Really, this seems like a thinly veiled attempt at spamming.
END RANT

Can't you just get a secret phonenumber? I know that service is free here in Sweden and i've never had a single telemarketer calling me.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Nicktals said:
RANT:
END RANT

Its not a charity, its a for-profit business. Anyways, here's what it looks like...

SenatorTheater.jpg

Top Bottom