• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COVID found in poop in spain from March 2019

cryptoadam

Banned

The discovery of virus genome presence so early in Spain, if confirmed, would imply the disease may have appeared much earlier than the scientific community thought.

The University of Barcelona team, who had been testing waste water since mid-April this year to identify potential new outbreaks, decided to also run tests on older samples.

They first found the virus was present in Barcelona on Jan. 15, 2020, 41 days before the first case was officially reported there.

Then they ran tests on samples taken between January 2018 and December 2019 and found the presence of the virus genome in one of them, collected on March 12, 2019.

So we are talking over a year ago. If CONFIRMED.

I don't know what is more disturbing, that it has been around for so long or that they, even if for scientific purposes, saved poop-water for over a year.

I just imagine that there is a guy at a water treatment plant all up on his high horse now....

"You all thought I was crazy and made fun of me for saying we needed to save this poop water. 'There goes ol' Poop Water Hording Jim!' people would say. Well who's laughing now!?"

DogofWar

I just imagine that there is a guy at a water treatment plant all up on his high horse now....

"You all thought I was crazy and made fun of me for saying we needed to save this poop water. 'There goes ol' Poop Water Hording Jim!' people would say. Well who's laughing now!?"

"One day you are going to be very happy that I take samples of the sewage waste every week and save it in the office!

Yes, apperantly they were.

JLMC469

Banned
ru_QAcozOfT-E45mmlhitkGaKpdu3A-GecpGiULdqByhFxLgtVprATuTwmwC3HKw4Cotrg6ONwwE-Ml9DxXIWuK_eBO_ggZ2eoR3_X4gixeQp8kL_Q

It's possible that this damn Virus is on urine as well. Going to the beach and accidentally swallow some sea water with the virus since folks love pissing inside the water. I'm guessing that's why Florida is getting it's ass whooped by the rapid increase of covid-19...
*(My Theory)

cryptoadam

Banned
I think the 2019 will be a false positive or another rona. It being hear a year and not spreading or killing mass people?

Either it would of mutated which they would see in the RNA and would of told us or somehow it didnt spread and kill people for almost an entire year.

yeehaw

Banned
I think the 2019 will be a false positive or another rona. It being hear a year and not spreading or killing mass people?

Either it would of mutated which they would see in the RNA and would of told us or somehow it didnt spread and kill people for almost an entire year.
nice. bowing to the lefts narrative.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

The discovery of virus genome presence so early in Spain, if confirmed, would imply the disease may have appeared much earlier than the scientific community thought.

The University of Barcelona team, who had been testing waste water since mid-April this year to identify potential new outbreaks, decided to also run tests on older samples.

They first found the virus was present in Barcelona on Jan. 15, 2020, 41 days before the first case was officially reported there.

Then they ran tests on samples taken between January 2018 and December 2019 and found the presence of the virus genome in one of them, collected on March 12, 2019.

So we are talking over a year ago. If CONFIRMED.
One sample. It's clearly just a false positive, the study isn't even peer reviewed yet. So stupid to make news articles out of preprints.

TriSuit666

Banned
One sample. It's clearly just a false positive, the study isn't even peer reviewed yet. So stupid to make news articles out of preprints.

Except this kind of study has previously confirmed covid virus particles can be passed this way; was reading a study from the mid-1970's about it the other day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom