• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 demo impressions

blanky

ZeMMiK said:
I do not understand how you can join a coop or somebody can join me......

when you go into the menu while playing you can set your game status to open/invite haven't found outwhere to jion someone else though

Raide

ZeMMiK said:
I do not understand how you can join a coop or somebody can join me......

I just had a 3 player game. I just started the demo as normal and then hit the Xbox button and invited my 2 friends. Simple!

FrankT

Kholdstare said:
Want infinite time?

1. Start the demo.
2. Choose your agent and his colour up until you press A to "deploy agent".
3. Disconnect from the internet. I personally pulled out the ethernet cable in the back.
4. Quickly press A after disconnecting from the internet. When trying to join the game is should pop up a menu saying that friends can't join because you're online or something.
5. Hit B to cancel.
6. Reconnect to the internet and start up another game.
7. Demo time remaining will be stuck at 30 minutes for as long as you don't start any races or things like that.

Co-op works too. :D

I couldn't get this to work for the life of me so I turned to the tube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax6VpLdZyRI

Worked perfectly.

I really enjoyed the demo last night. It was definitely crackdown, but improved and refined. It was fun to see some old structures, and the character design was fun as usual.

That friggin boss shotgun that is in the creeper/zombie area that lights multiple enemies on fire is AMAZING. GAH, I wanted to wait to puchase this, but I might be a day 1...

feel

Nice glitch!! I enjoyed it, but didn't give the demo even a 2nd try because I hate being reset to the unfun initial skill levels after 30min. This will make me play some more.

Raide

After a few hours, this is Crackdown. The shift in style from day to night is pretty cool. Its fun to get to Midnight and punch the hell out of some freaks. :lol

I hope there is enough variety in the missions and I also hope there are more choices for customising your Agent. They really need to add the option to turn off your mask. Kinda sucks when all 3 Agents look pretty much identical. In some ways it looks worse but the view distance in better than CD1 and not covered in fog. Also CD2 is showing off way more pedestrians and freaks on the screen. It does seem like the Cell-shaded look of CD1 has been replaced with a more dark and serious tone in CD2.

Just before this I was playing Borderlands...anyone else think a cross between Borderlands and Crackdown would be amazing? Finding gear, upgrading, specializing and then bouncing around the city. If they plan on doing a Crackdown 3, they should head to a more RPG direction.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
had a go on this yesterday, controls aren't as precise as I'd like and its a bit clunky, looks dated but its quite neat. I just love the fact I can see a crane in the distance and think to myself "I'm gonna climb that" - and it lets me, and rewards me with an orb to boot. That is where GTA fell down.

One annoyance, I was shooting some guys who popped out of one of those freight containers and I ended up going inside it to shoot them - when the doors slammed shut on me and trapped me in there. I could throw grenades at it which would blow the doors open a little bit but I was basically stuck. My friends tried to get me out and so on but nothing I could do. Had to kill myself and respawn.

ezekial45

Banned
When tryng to do the time glitch, the demo immediately ends when i enter the game. It just skips to the time over screen.

I'm following the instructions just fine. What am I doing wrong?

_tetsuo_ said:
I never, ever noticed a difference about the order you took out people and it certainly wasn't anywhere near the same as Mega Man. Ever enemy still got super kicked, and super jumped over and super ran over.

Well, that's a shame, because deciding who to go after first and weighing the benefits/risks was half the fun, for me, and really opened up a lot of replayability.

pahamrick

ezekial45 said:
When tryng to do the time glitch, the demo immediately ends when i enter the game. It just skips to the time over screen.

I'm following the instructions just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Is your account silver? I have the exact same issue on my tag thats silver, but can get it working every time on my friend's gold tag.

ezekial45

Banned
pahamrick said:
Is your account silver? I have the exact same issue on my tag thats silver, but can get it working every time on my friend's gold tag.
Ugh. Silver members cheated out on something yet again.

Yes, I know how ironic that is.

FrankT

ezekial45 said:
Ugh. Silver members cheated out on something yet again.

Yes, I know how ironic that is.

:lol

Sorry but can help but laugh. Can't even use the exploits it's that bad.

Major Williams said:
can I still do the infinite time glitch even though I let my timer run all the way down last night?

...please say yes...

Yea it resets everytime you reset the game.

NaviLink said:
Just did this and it works wonders. Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna play the crap out of the demo.

edit : apparently in some cases the demo stops even with the glitch. I was playing co-op with a friend and he started a rooftop race, and the demo suddendly stopped like the time limit was up.
I think races will do something which will bring the clock limit back, best to avoid them for now.

rar said:
i dont like it nearly as much as crackdown 1
I felt this at first too but this afternoon me and a friend (local not over the net) loaded up crackdown 1 after I had played the demo in 2p co-op for a good 2 hours, crackdown 1 feels older and different but the improvements and mission structures of the sequel feel good, I don't hate the first game at all but now that I have sunk some time into crackdown 2 I prefer it, it could be just because guarding spots, finding the sunlight beacons and the adjustments to the gun play all make it feel better.

I personally think I could spend more time in crackdown 2 hoping around, doing achievements, exploring the city a lot more then I have done so far in crackdown 1 which is easily 100+ hours of my time.

Oh and the weapons in 2 are a lot more fun so far, the default guns without DLC in crackdown 1 are a bit same and you end up with the one and only better MG and rocket launcher.

_tetsuo_ said:
I never, ever noticed a difference about the order you took out people and it certainly wasn't anywhere near the same as Mega Man. Ever enemy still got super kicked, and super jumped over and super ran over.
Sega1991 said:
Well, that's a shame, because deciding who to go after first and weighing the benefits/risks was half the fun, for me, and really opened up a lot of replayability.
I agree, but... it didn't feel like it was changing much, it was there in a subtle way like take out the recruitment leader and the mobs on the street were easily half in population but some of the other leaders like funding didn't change much visually so it felt like it was pointless.

It works best playing on the hardest mode where the slight drop in recruitments or enemies with worse guns really helped.

Major Williams said:
can I still do the infinite time glitch even though I let my timer run all the way down last night?

...please say yes...
Of course you can, its 30 minutes every time you boot up the demo, this just freezes the count down.

Kholdstare

Dax01 said:
Can you unlock the helicopter in the demo?

I spent hours getting my agility to 6 in case it unlocked the helicopter. No dice.

I had acquired 203 agility orbs and 28 secret orbs by the end.

augmental said:
Can you still get achievements if you glitch the timer?

Yes.

ezekial45

Banned
Sega1991 said:

Wasn't like that at all for me. As much as i liked the game, every enemy felt exactly the same to me. Besides their look and the occasional ones holding explosive weaponry, they all seemed like cannon fodder. Just running out in the open and firing at me without using any tactics or cover.

So i don't really agree with your comparison to Mega Man. For me, choosing which general to take down didn't make one bit of difference to me. They all felt same.

bryehn

Played again today with no timer. I definitely like the variety, but the platforming (especially grabbing) is way off and the city itself seems devoid of extra things to climb on like power boxes and air conditioners.

After 80-100 or so orbs and leveling my agent to max, I decided I was wasting my time and finally went back and maxed out my agent in CD1, even stumbled across a few hidden orbs.

A word of caution when playing with Infinite Time: Do not activate any sort of Rooftop Race or Driving Race. It will end your demo time.

I was really close to maxing out agility, and I wanted to try out a rooftop race to gain some orbs. Well, as soon as it started, it went to the screen where it shows what achievements you have unlocked and it ended my demo.

EDIT: Seems that the problem was already mentioned. Oh well, doesn't hurt to say it again.

Kholdstare

-Yeti said:
A word of caution when playing with Infinite Time: Do not activate any sort of Rooftop Race or Driving Race. It will end your demo time.

I was really close to maxing out agility, and I wanted to try out a rooftop race to gain some orbs. Well, as soon as it started, it went to the screen where it shows what achievements you have unlocked and it ended my demo.

EDIT: Seems that the problem was already mentioned. Oh well, doesn't hurt to say it again.

I said that in the original time glitch post. :(

-Yeti said:

So you can only do this on a one-time run sort of a thing? We can't save our progress leveling up? Lame if so!

Kholdstare said:
I said that in the original time glitch post. :(

Read my edit. Sorry for not catching it. It just happened to me, and I was upset. :lol

Major Williams said:
So you can only do this on a one-time run sort of a thing? We can't save our progress leveling up? Lame if so!

Well it's a demo, so it's not supposed to save your progress, but it does save your achievement progress so that's good.

But yeah, after spending so much time trying to max out my character when all of a sudden the demo stops, I kinda don't want to play the demo again. :lol

C Jones

Raide said:
After a few hours, this is Crackdown. The shift in style from day to night is pretty cool. Its fun to get to Midnight and punch the hell out of some freaks. :lol

I hope there is enough variety in the missions and I also hope there are more choices for customising your Agent. They really need to add the option to turn off your mask. Kinda sucks when all 3 Agents look pretty much identical. In some ways it looks worse but the view distance in better than CD1 and not covered in fog. Also CD2 is showing off way more pedestrians and freaks on the screen. It does seem like the Cell-shaded look of CD1 has been replaced with a more dark and serious tone in CD2.

Just before this I was playing Borderlands...anyone else think a cross between Borderlands and Crackdown would be amazing? Finding gear, upgrading, specializing and then bouncing around the city. If they plan on doing a Crackdown 3, they should head to a more RPG direction.
I thought the same thing. Crackdown would be awesome with loot.

krakov

The wing suit is pretty much the cape from Super Mario World and some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Playing with some friends today we started of trying to fly between some buildings which then escalated into flying a lap around the island, landing on the highest spot available.

derFeef

krakov said:
The wing suit is pretty much the cape from Super Mario World and some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Playing with some friends today we started of trying to fly between some buildings which then escalated into flying a lap around the island, landing on the highest spot available.
You can brake through/fly above the borders in the demo?

Drakken

So I basically maxed out my agent with the no time limit glitch. It's certainly a lot of fun leaping from rooftop to rooftop and smashing hordes of zombies. It seems like the missions would get really repetitive, though. Anyway, I should be getting the original Crackdown through Goozex soon. I'll probably get this one sometime down the road when it's cheaper.

Regarding skills, level 5 is the highest you can get in the demo, but it looks like the icon maxes out at level 6. I take it level 6 is the max in the actual game?

daycru

Love Crackdown, so excited for the sequel. Was the targeting this bad in the original? Will have to wait for impressions of the day one patch before paying day one prices.

Top Bottom