• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot 4: Its About Time.

GrayFoxPL

My copy came early it seems? Its at my door apparently. I am not complaining.
4qvUms2.gif

Roufianos

Pretty N. Sane one could say...

Fuck it I bought it, nothing else to play. Preloaded to ready to go, better be good. Seems there is a review embargo.

Nice. Yea was thinking the same, I'll probably be done with Mafia on the weekend and will be bored shitless. Had a £5 voucher on eBay so got it for £45.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Picking this up on my way home from work tonight. My 4-year-old is obsessed with Mario & Crash so he is going to be over the moon that we can play this together over the weekend.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just a heads up that the whole game is already on Youtube, just in case you want to avoid some spoilers.

asustitan

Banned
I know it seems expensive but looking at the levels, they seem insanely rich with detail.

Imagine the development cost of Rocket League vs Crash 4 for example.

I think unfortunately if they don't charge AAA price for this, I don't think they will be worthwhile to produce.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I want to know how this controls. I'm one of those people that thinks NSane controlled badly and made the originals harder.

I really don't trust reviews when it comes to crash.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
No HDR is baffaling.
Runs very well so far on One X.
Not the sharpest game. Think it's 1080P.

The controls do feel better to me but I haven't touched nsane trilogy for a while. I remember those games feeling to me like you were controlling with an analog stick but it had the moment of a dpad if that makes sense. Don't feel that here.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
The artstyle is a million time more pleasant than trilogy.
60fps on PS4 Pro is awesome.
Levels are very well designed.
Overall absolutely great. Will blast through it.

Pinktaco

Getting 6 crystals in a single level to get a new skin is something they should reevaluate imo.
Im not about to get all crates and not die more than 3 times for this.
They could easily have made it, so that you got a new skin for each 6 crystals you get, in each world. Leave something for those who want to 100% the game and something for the casual ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alao, am I the only one finding the game more difficult than twh original trilogy?

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Playing on Xbox One S and I'm noticing a lot of slow down/frame rate drop. Some sections really struggling!

wvnative

Well my activision boycott lasted about 12 hours, getting ready to download it on xbox one. how's it looking on the X?

Fox Mulder

the n.sanely perfect relics for getting all gems besides the hidden one in a level without dying once are gonna be fun.

It seems a bit harder at least right now to get 100% in levels, but I’ll save that for later. There’s also more cheaply hidden boxes than before.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
So, who nicked who’s homework, then? Toys For Bob or Insomniac?

Because the plot and aesthetics of these two games feel very similar 😂

MacReady13

So far this is probably my game of the year! I was a massive fan of the original 3 on PS1 and this captures the look and feel perfectly. And boy does it get brutal as the game goes on. Those last few levels can fuck right off! Game is so good though and will be a hell of a time going through collecting all the secrets in this game!

Never played a crash game. Are they actually any good because they look awful. From what I've seen, it's just spinning down guided routes with weird floaty movement and not much variety.

What am I missing?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Never played a crash game. Are they actually any good because they look awful. From what I've seen, it's just spinning down guided routes with weird floaty movement and not much variety.

What am I missing?

Yup, they are in the Olympus of great platformers abd they happen not to be open world/free roaming ones. The ones in the remastered collection certainly do not look awful (nor does Crash 4) and for their time the originals were tech masterpieces actually.

Top Bottom