• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crashmo/Fallblox |OT| Heart-Shaped Blox

BowieZ

Banned
Addicted as usual. Been working all day and itching to get home to play for a good 3-4 hours.

Ladies and gentlemen, game design.

zroid

Banned
It's very good, but 8 euros are too much euros D:

Someone make me buy it, please!

OHXIel.jpg

kami_sama pls

Whoa, this is great. Do many 3DS games let you save screenshots?
This and animal crossing are the only ones I know of. Although you can kinda make screenshots on the 3DS for all games by making notes, you can't send those shots to your computer or sd card

Nintendogs
Pilotwings

It's very good, but 8 euros are too much euros D:

Someone make me buy it, please!

Buy it! Better value than most 3DS retail titles bro.

Ken

I'm confused, so Crashmo is the sequel to Pushmo, but I've never played PUshmo. Which one should I buy.

Fabrik

Banned
I'm confused, so Crashmo is the sequel to Pushmo, but I've never played PUshmo. Which one should I buy.

Buy both. Both are the best puzzle games since...I don't know...Portal?
Genius game design. Both games are so clever they make you feel more clever.
Perfect use of stereoscopic 3D too.
Yeah they are masterpieces in game design and they should be mandatory case-studies in game schools. No hyperbole.

BTW that Edge review is bullshit:

http://www.edge-online.com/review/fallblox-review/

Too difficult? What's wrong with game reviewers nowadays?

Ken

Yeah they are masterpieces in game design and they should be mandatory case-studies in game schools. No hyperbole.

Can you download puzzles from the internet or is it all through QR code?

8 Euros is too much. I'll get it at the next sale. 5-6 Euros would make me bite.
Treat yo' self girl. You deserve it.

Edge always, always rub me the wrong way. I put it in the OT anyway, didnt want to seem biased.

dock

Honestly, most of my memories of Pullblox are of horrible, slow and patronising tutorials. :/
One of the worst tutorial experiences in my gaming history. Any good time I had with the game was eclipsed by all the bad tutorial time, and it's the reason I'm loathed to recommend it in good faith to anyone without warning them first.

If there were a cheat code to skip the tutorials I'm sure I'd have a great time with the game. :(

How does this game compare in this regards?

Fabrik

Banned
Can you download puzzles from the internet or is it all through QR code?

Both apparently but I didn't try via the browser yet.

Honestly, most of my memories of Pullblox are of horrible, slow and patronising tutorials. :/
One of the worst tutorial experiences in my gaming history. Any good time I had with the game was eclipsed by all the bad tutorial time, and it's the reason I'm loathed to recommend it in good faith to anyone without warning them first.

If there were a cheat code to skip the tutorials I'm sure I'd have a great time with the game. :(

I'd say it's about the same as Pullblox. But come on it's not that bad, only about 20 puzzles have a tutorial. From the 45+ hours I spent with Pullblox it's nothing.

I'd say it has less tutorials than the first one. Which is funny because is actually a much more difficult game (for me at least).

Totally worth that 8 euros. I think no one will spend less than 20 hours to complete it, and then there is the editor...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
There go another 40 hours (or more, I fear) of my life. As already mentioned, game should be studied by those interested in the art. Fun fact: Fallblox was already in Top20 of the recent downloads on the Polish store by this early morning.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There go another 40 hours (or more, I fear) of my life. As already mentioned, game should be studied by those interested in the art. Fun fact: Fallblox was already in Top20 of the recent downloads on the Polish store by this early morning.

Right now it's sixth / seventh in the "Most downloaded right now" chart. At least in Italy, but the charts on eShop should be for Europe overall, I think.

m0t0k1

8 Euros is too much. I'll get it at the next sale. 5-6 Euros would make me bite.

Same here. I love pullblox one of my favorite eshop games arround, but i find the game just to expensive. to just insta buy it. Maybe i will buy it for christmas when i get some eshop cards or else i will wait for a sale.

blu

Right now it's sixth / seventh in the "Most downloaded right now" chart. At least in Italy, but the charts on eShop should be for Europe overall, I think.
They're local, actually. I've migrated across a few of them, watching individual titles' ratings and store charts closely.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
They're local, actually. I've migrated across a few of them, watching individual titles' ratings and store charts closely.

So, Italian eShop chart = chart just for Italy and so on? Interesting, thanks. :)
This game is AMAZING!

I'd say if anything the tutorials are more intrusive... I really don't see the problem with Pullblox's tutorials, there were only a few levels to start you off then a few more later on to explain ladders/buttons to you.

Thoraxes

That last paragraph smh

It's like calling Super Meat Boy a bad game because it requires trial and error, and that game doesn't even have a reverse time function to undo your mistakes like this one. So far I felt that this game was just more trial and error is all, which is OK in a game like this.

That last paragraph smh

It's like calling Super Meat Boy a bad game because it requires trial and error, and that game doesn't even have a reverse time function to undo your mistakes like this one. So far I felt that this game was just more trial and error is all, which is OK in a game like this.

Also, "visual and thematic linearity". What the fuck does that even mean. Their pretentiousness drives me absolutely crazy, always has. They're always trying to be the "broadsheet" of gaming journalism, but they just come off as stupid and stuck-up.

"It's a downloadable 3DS game = let's dedicate four short paragraphs to it" apparently.

I'm an Edge subscriber and generally love the mag, but found that review absurd.
I do think Crashmo deserves to be dinged a bit for its overbearing/condescending tutorial though.

blu

Weird thought... imagine a GIANT, real life Pullblox/Fallblox. Best theme park/playground ever.
I'd gladly spend a day or two there.

BTW, I've finally managed to properly sink my teeth into the game, and daaaaaaym.

Edge:
The issues in the difficulty curve are made all the more pertinent because, outside of its light tutorials, the game offers little in the way of true training or lessons, instead taking a hands-off approach and hoping that you will learn by doing. For tenacious players and those inclined towards the genre, Fallblox could prove an irresistible draw, with clearing its parade of cryptic conundrums a delicious prospect. For others, the game’s difficulty, and its visual and thematic linearity, will prove tiresome, their enthusiasm for its self-evident ingenuity petering out before each of its challenges has fallen.

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Whine me a river.

Qurupeke

Really unlucky guy here... Today, I left 3DS for a repair(R,L didn't work properly), so I won't be able to play Fallblox for the weekend. :[

Edge:

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Whine me a river.

lol EDGE

puh-lease

I think I figured it out. The way the game is split up is definitely a response to the very gradual difficulty curve of the last one. Many complained the game took ages to get hard, whereas in Fallblox the very first non-training level can make your head hurt. If you're having trouble like me, don't be ashamed to visit the "Training" section. They're pretty much just more levels, but slightly easier than the "Challenges" and you can ask Papa Fallblox/that mischievous kid who trapped all the children in Pullblox for help.

Can't wait to download this. Oh, and nice Nirvana reference OP.

I was obsessed with that song when Guitar Hero II came out.

Lé Blade Runner;44419070 said:
Should I buy and play Pullblox before getting Fallblox? Or should I get them both right now?

Depends how hard you find puzzles. Playing Fallblox without it is certainly possible since they work completely differently, and actually rules you learn in Pullblox (i.e. you need at least two squares of space to pull out a block), you have to later learn to forget in FallBlox.

Depends how hard you find puzzles. Playing Fallblox without it is certainly possible since they work completely differently, and actually rules you learn in Pullblox (i.e. you need at least two squares of space to pull out a block), you have to later learn to forget in FallBlox.

I have to admit that I'm not that talented at puzzles, but I do enjoy a well-designed puzzle-game no matter how frustrating it might become. I'll definitely give Pullblox a try first, and buy Fallblox after.

blu

Protip: if you get stuck on a challenge, go sharpen your wits in the training yard - it instructs some clever techniques you might have overlooked so far.

blu

Wow, sounds pretty hardcore you guys. Can't wait for the US release.
Let's just say that If you thought Pushmo was hard, you ain't seen nothin yet.

Quick question. can I access the US 3DS shop on my US 3ds xl from Japan? Would like to pick this up while I am out there next week.

zroid

Banned
Let's just say that If you thought Pushmo was hard, you ain't seen nothin yet.

I got so brutally stuck in one Pushmo level that I had to take a month off to recouperate before attempting it again and finally solving it (along with the rest of the game).

Crashmo will make me bleed tears.

Quick question. can I access the US 3DS shop on my US 3ds xl from Japan? Would like to pick this up while I am out there next week.

Indeed you can

Top Bottom