• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crate puzzles suck!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Interest -1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Gigglepoo said:
You should avoid Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. They make Wolverine push crates! Arg!

Duly noted!

thetrin

Draft said:
Soul Reaver had fun crate puzzles.

Soul Reaver is the penultimate example of crate puzzles as the greatest evil in action adventure gameplay.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TheTrin said:
Soul Reaver is the penultimate example of crate puzzles as the greatest evil in action adventure gameplay.
Seriously? What exactly was wrong with them.

I have no problems with crate puzzles provided the controls are decent enough to allow them to function well.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I like how in Elite Forces II on PC there was a hidden 'CRATE MONSTER' boss in one of the levels that was pretty much a total jab at the whole crate puzzle design abuse in gaming.

He was pretty tough to take down too.

Gigglepoo

PepsimanVsJoe said:
What the ****?
I'm glad game design elements from over twenty years ago are still getting play today. :(

Yay! Someone who understands why this is wrong! I feel like I've been talking to a variety of walls the past few weeks. MULA is full of archaic game design like this. Stuff that was fine in a traditional hack 'n slash, but has no place in one populated by Super Heroes. Wolverine does not need a key card to open a wooden door and he pushes crates for no one.

MMaRsu

Banned
We knew this since the second trailer just in case any crybabies come crying here. You see Link pushing teh crates around

Breaking crates and shooting exploding oil drums is why I play games today still!

ok I lie, but I still love the concept as long as it's not milked and overused.

jgkspsx

Alundra had the best "push stuff" puzzles ever. Gee, I should finish that one of these days. Goddamn roulette wheel.

Daigoro

Graphics Horse said:
Do they still reset when you leave a room?
Not that I minded that, it was quite reassuring to be able to reset them.

no. you get stuck and have to restart the whole game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Brandon F said:
I like how in Elite Forces II on PC there was a hidden 'CRATE MONSTER' boss in one of the levels that was pretty much a total jab at the whole crate puzzle design abuse in gaming.

He was pretty tough to take down too.

Serious Sam had an entire level made of crates to make a jab at that. Part of the Old Man Murray Crate Review System.

Top Bottom