• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creative Assembly (Alien Isolation, Total War) announces it is downsizing

pqueue

Looks like layoffs are on the menu.

https://x.com/CAGames/status/1707394879368704471?s=20

m2GJCX2.jpg

Last edited:

Kacho

It’s been a rough few weeks for CA between the Warhammer DLC fiasco and the cancellation of their dopey extraction shooter. I hope they do better going forward.

Total War Pharaoh looks great and I’m all in on it. $25 hero DLC not so much…

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow or play CA games, but the layoffs may have nothing to do with development difficulties.

Might just be another tech company who overhired during COVID assuming anything tech related would keep rocketing up in sales. Fast forward to 2022 and 2023 and everything normalized.

pqueue

I dont follow or play CA games, but the layoffs may have nothing to do with development difficulties.

Might just be another tech company who overhired during COVID assuming anything tech related would keep rocketing up in sales. Fast forward to 2022 and 2023 and everything normalized.
no, it is most definitely tied to the cancellation of the the Hyaenas game. Sega just out cancelled the project before it released. So that staffing is now redundant.

Kacho

no, it is most definitely tied to the cancellation of the the Hyaenas game. Sega just out cancelled the project before it released. So that staffing is now redundant.
I wonder how much of that team worked on Isolation or if it’s mostly new talent brought on board for their online multiplayer experience

Last edited:
I have no idea why they won't make a new Alien Isolation game already.
From Google "Alien: Isolation may be a critically good game, but it was not the commercial success its publisher Sega had hoped for. Some people say that Sega simply held too high expectations. Gamers were buying Fallout 4 at the time, and horror games generally don't do as well as other triple-A releases."

CA UK since Empire:

Xw67BBz.gif

They can't anything right lmao
The Sophia team rescued Rome 2 and made a great Troy game but Pharaoh is going to pay for the double whammy of Hyenas and shit Warhammer 3 support.

A.Romero

Total War is not doing so well these days, at least with the community.

They just released Pharao and that created some backlash as well.

GHG

All these idiots had to do was focus on Total War and this wouldn't be happening. Same old story, chasing the GAAS shooter crowd and then falling flat on their faces.

Just give me a Napoleon remaster and I'll buy it many times over.

They just released Pharao and that created some backlash as well.

Because it's a shadow of the previous TW games and they also recently announced that going forwards the prices for DLC will be increasing.

They are losing the plot.

Last edited:

Killer8

From Google "Alien: Isolation may be a critically good game, but it was not the commercial success its publisher Sega had hoped for. Some people say that Sega simply held too high expectations. Gamers were buying Fallout 4 at the time, and horror games generally don't do as well as other triple-A releases."

It did flop somewhat but I think that had as much to do with releasing in the first year of the PS4 gen. I think based on the strong word of mouth over the years, they should give it another chance. Whenever people talk about Creative Assembly there is always a chorus of wanting to know where Alien Isolation 2 is.

There's been many cases of a low selling original game that spawned a much better selling sequel, and I bet it would surely do better than the GaaS trash they were trying to peddle.

Then again supposedly most of the staff who made A:I no longer work at CA, so I suppose I don't know why I even still want the game. This studio sounds like it has high staff turnover and I doubt these new people will be anywhere near as competent.

A.Romero

All these idiots had to do was focus on Total War and this wouldn't be happening. Same old story, chasing the GAAS shooter crowd and then falling flat on their faces.

Just give me a Napoleon remaster and I'll buy it many times over.

Because it's a shadow of the previous TW games and they also recently announced that going forwards the prices for DLC will be increasing.

They are losing the plot.

I mean, sure. I just know the community's perception is not so good.

I enjoyed Warhammer 3 but played it on Gamepass only. Maybe one day I'll get it on steam and have II and III integrated. I was not interested in Pharao at all.

GHG

I mean, sure. I just know the community's perception is not so good.

I enjoyed Warhammer 3 but played it on Gamepass only. Maybe one day I'll get it on steam and have II and III integrated. I was not interested in Pharao at all.

Yeh if you want to play immortal empires with different factions then you'll be better off grabbing it on Steam so that you can get access to them via owning the previous games.

I'm all for another historical TW, just not one that clealy looks like it should just be DLC for a previous game.

A.Romero

Yeh if you want to play immortal empires with different factions then you'll be better off grabbing it on Steam so that you can get access to them via owning the previous games.

I'm all for another historical TW, just not one that clealy looks like it should just be DLC for a previous game.

I love historical is just that, as you say, it seems like a DLC. There is not enough change.

Also, I kind of avoid TW because I get so engrossed time flies and I don't have that much time nowadays...

• Strength
Reactions: GHG

pqueue

Does Sega still have any license to the Aliens IP after the takeover of Fox by Disney?

Most aliens resalted games the last 5+ years have been from and through other developers and publishers.

Top Bottom