• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Credible insider teases large scale levelution in BF6 (more than one skyscraper a la BF4)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Im kidding.

I also really like Rush, the only thing is its very hard to make a map good for Rush that is also good for Conquest so you end up either getting a bad Conquest map thats good for Rush or a bad Rush map thats good for Conquest.

The majority of the community plays Conquest so thats the mode and map design they should focus on.
Its what made BC2 map design bad, because BF fans couldnt play Conquest on those maps.
But Rush was fine.

If they manage to get some good Rush maps down im all for it the mode is a good palette cleanser after some intense matches.
But the bread and butter of Battlefield will still be Conquest and BC2 map design and destruction dont accommodate that game mode well.

Shmunter

Im kidding.

I also really like Rush, the only thing is its very hard to make a map good for Rush that is also good for Conquest so you end up either getting a bad Conquest map thats good for Rush or a bad Rush map thats good for Conquest.

The majority of the community plays Conquest so thats the mode and map design they should focus on.
Its what made BC2 map design bad, because BF fans couldnt play Conquest on those maps.
But Rush was fine.

If they manage to get some good Rush maps down im all for it the mode is a good palette cleanser after some intense matches.
But the bread and butter of Battlefield will still be Conquest and BC2 map design and destruction dont accommodate that game mode well.
I just find the push/defence on enemy lines a lot more convincing than a large scale domination that flip flops from beginning to end with a ticket counter as the finish line.

One feels immersive, the other video gamey.

Last edited:

svbarnard

Banned
How achievable is this sort of destruction at 60fps on the new consoles? Also I presume the current gen versions won't have this? It's exciting times to be a gamer.
Here Google this "variable refresh rate" it'll Target 60fps but it'll dip below that for sure but of course with TVs now supporting a variable refresh rate it's not a big deal

svbarnard

Banned
3462468-6396233771-giphy.gif
Hard to believe that footage is six years old now.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I just find the push/defence on enemy lines a lot more convincing that a large scale domination that flip flops from beginning to end with a ticket counter as the finish line.

One feels immersive, the other video gamey.

Weird because i feel the exact opposite.

Rush feels like a videogame mode.

Wait your turn to actually attack, there are countable number of entry points.
The META is real. I would literally team switch in Rush at the start of the match because certain maps the outcome was all but guaranteed especially since even a single player can change the tides, if you knew how to hold one Mcom your team would win.
Depending on the map you will only advance to this point, then it becomes impossible unless the other team is totally shit.
You are far more likely to be able to predict a Rush match just based on the map and the first points that what happens int he first few minutes of a Conquest match.

Conquest feels like you just spawned into a frikken battle.
A good Sleader and the game mode is limitless hours of fun.
Get to and hold this position, wait for backup wipe out the enemy and move on to the next position.
Basically Rush but freeform.
If the BF4 had crossplay id probably still be balls deep in it today.

Shmunter

Weird because i feel the exact opposite.

Rush feels like a videogame mode.

Wait your turn to actually attack, there are countable number of entry points.
The META is real. I would literally team switch in Rush at the start of the match because certain maps the outcome was all but guaranteed especially since even a single player can change the tides, if you knew how to hold one Mcom your team would win.
Depending on the map you will only advance to this point, then it becomes impossible unless the other team is totally shit.
You are far more likely to be able to predict a Rush match just based on the map and the first points that what happens int he first few minutes of a Conquest match.

Conquest feels like you just spawned into a frikken battle.
A good Sleader and the game mode is limitless hours of fun.
Get to and hold this position, wait for backup wipe out the enemy and move on to the next position.
Basically Rush but freeform.
If the BF4 had crossplay id probably still be balls deep in it today.
It’s a matter of preference really. Not sure about all those points about rush.

Either way, to me war is more about frontlines than enemy all around you etc. so I feel more immersed doing it. But thats me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Believe it when I see it. It still has a base Xbox One boat anchor and Jaguar cores to contend with for their cross gen play initiative.

Top Bottom