• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crooked Media |OT| Pod Save this Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
Lol that dude is such a champ.

The guys mentioned on the Seattle pod that they just hired up some full time staff. Should expect the Crooked Media family to grow, I think.

Nelo Ice

Banned
God damn I hate it when audiences forget that the show is not about them.
Well at least you guys aren't missing much. They spent like 20 mins talking about the healthcare vote and it sounded the same as what I'm hearing from the Seattle episode atm so I skipped through till the Inslee interview. Then Q&A was mostly filled with stupid questions. Though yeah crowd popped for like everything Harris said.

Brakke

Banned
Hey light rail is important to the Seattle area don't front!! He's *our* governor before he's your podcast bud.

The one lady who kept getting booed was pretty rough tho.

Lol it was such a shit show they only put up the Harris interview. Listening to today's episode and they said we were too rowdy and it was like a pep rally.

"Like I'm really busy how can I handle all of the information all the time?!"

or my favorite, asking 4 men about pro-life democrats then heckling them with "You're not a woman!"

Nelo Ice

Banned
"Like I'm really busy how can I handle all of the information all the time?!"

or my favorite, asking 4 men about pro-life democrats then heckling them with "You're not a woman!"
Lol I went to get food after and I overheard 2 women were talking about the latter question. They were both ok with pro choice Dems and agreed that you take a Dem/W anywhere you can get.

Brakke

Banned
Can't believe anybody actually pays these clowns to read ads on Pod Save America. I've heard some irreverent podcast ads in my time but these are getting *loopy*.

johnsmith

remember me
Can't believe anybody actually pays these clowns to read ads on Pod Save America. I've heard some irreverent podcast ads in my time but these are getting *loopy*.
Are you kidding? The sponsors probably love it. Whenever I hear straight copy I always skip ahead but when it goes off the rails I actually keep listening. It's no worse than what you hear any other comedy podcast.

djkimothy

what's with the schedule this week, some episodes seem to be reshuffled? Thursday's episode taking a break from all the live shows?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Are you kidding? The sponsors probably love it. Whenever I hear straight copy I always skip ahead but when it goes off the rails I actually keep listening. It's no worse than what you hear any other comedy podcast.

Lol yeah I actually don't mind listening to the ads when Favs and Lovett just go off rails.

Brakke

Banned
lol I enjoy the ads myself. Their love of inserting "a better way to ____" into every ad is good.

Just can't imagine Joe Adman being happy about the boys spending the whole ad insulting his underwear copy. I guess you're buying #brand #awareness either way.

lol I enjoy the ads myself. Their love of inserting "a better way to ____" into every ad is good.

Just can't imagine Joe Adman being happy about the boys spending the whole ad insulting his underwear copy. I guess you're buying #brand #awareness either way.

Honestly if their relentless ragging on Parachute for the threadcount line hasn't gotten them in trouble nothing will.

Listened to an ep of Pod Save America on a friend's rec and loved it, now I'm subbed to all their shows and can't wait for each one

Blader

Crosspost from Poligaf.
So Pod Save America live show in SF was awesome. We went wild for Kamala Harris and she cussed twice lol. Lovett made it awkward when he brought up the bracket they have for 2020 candidates and it was hilarious.

Hearing her say motherfucker and talk about Logan was great :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
crooked media twitter rankings:

lovett>>>>>>>jon>ana>tommy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>deray
I enjoy their sub pods with the ads lol. Lovett ranting is hilarious. Sometimes I don't want to skip the ads. Like I enjoyed hearing Lovett being so salty over not chipping in for Fav's wine.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Crooked team is diverse as fuck. Glad they doubled down on hiring women and mostly women of color.
I agree it is refreshing to regularly hear women (and women of color) on Lovett or Leave It. Not that that's who they are hiring but at least strive for some level of representation.

Lol at all these posts saying how hot Jon is. I went to school with his wife and met him at a new years party a few years back. Really nice guy, pretty much exactly as he is on the podcasts. Yes, he is very handsome.

The piece the new EIC wrote pretty directly contradicted some disappointing things Favs has said about the modern Republican Party on the podcast, which is encouraging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom