• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crypto exchange FTX collapses.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing man.
Yes!!! You're welcome! It surely needs commitment though and I favor other sets. But I'm glad you like it.

This puts you in a hypnotic state which lends well to doing stuff like working out or whatever..

💗

Bedouin:

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This puts you in a hypnotic state which lends well to doing stuff like working out

💗

I can't name the hours of steps on a certain stairmaster I've taken listening to this set. Hoodie on vibing knowing full well the elders on the bikes behind me thought I was a crazy person lmao

Those layers

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
You have the right idea. Blockchains are trustless. You don't need to interact with an intermediary like a bank or a central authority like a monetary authority to perform transactions. Blockchain loses much of its purposes once any trust is required since other ledgers are far more efficient.
Yeah and people are still acting like it’s 2013 and spouting things they don’t understand.

FTX is not crypto it is not a blockchain.

Most cryptos and in turn their blockchains are shitcoins.

BTC is still strong and it’s a good time to get in and learn why it is important.

The familial ties these two characters have is scary in itself.

It makes me think they were just tasked with their positions and someone else is pulling the strings.

A block chain is built on trust. That trust is from the network of computers that “agree” on transactions.

Making a government the only authority in trust ruins the whole thing.

They can not control a privacy focused crypto. Cryptonote and zero knowledge proofs can’t be destroyed.

Regulators couldn’t do anything even if they wanted. Short of shutting down the internet and confiscating all computers in the world.
Basically, don’t invest your money unless you’re willing to lose it. FDIC will protect your every day money. What’s new?

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It seems I'm posting in a crypto thread. It Makes sense.

I Told You So What GIF by OceanX

Last edited:
Absolutely staggering how legacy media failed to properly investigate what amounts to be the biggest financial fraud since Enron.

Some choice examples:

Even as he kept hiring down, Mr. Bankman-Fried built an ambitious philanthropic operation, invested in dozens of other crypto companies, bought stock in the trading firm Robinhood, donated to political campaigns, gave media interviews and offered Elon Musk billions of dollars to help finance the mogul’s Twitter takeover. [...]

He has also found other ways to occupy his time in recent days, playing the video game Storybook Brawl, though less than he usually does, he said. “It helps me unwind a bit,” he said. “It clears my mind.”

Shortly before the interview, Mr. Bankman-Fried had posted a cryptic tweet: the word “What.” Then he had tweeted the letter H. Asked to explain, Mr. Bankman-Fried said he planned to post the letter A and then the letter P. “It’s going to be more than one word,” he said. “I’m making it up as I go.”

So he was planning a series of cryptic tweets? “Something like that.”

Forbes originally ran a puff piece on Caroline Ellison:

6SkaBgy.jpg

They have since changed the title to "fake charity nerd girl".

The WAPO lauded FTX for its philanthropy during the pandemic:

5h5nNk5.jpg

Their previous title was "FTX collapse dooms founder's effort to prevent another pandemic".

Reuters is outright telling us that Sam Bankman-Fried did [the] financial system a favour, because now we get stricter regulations. Well okay then, thanks I guess? What's even worse is that the whole thing is being "investigated" by political functionaries who once were in FTX's pocket. Yet not one single world of this from our esteemed mainstream media.

daveonezero

Banned
Absolutely staggering how legacy media failed to properly investigate what amounts to be the biggest financial fraud since Enron.

Some choice examples:

6SkaBgy.jpg

5h5nNk5.jpg

Their previous title was "FTX collapse dooms founder's effort to prevent another pandemic".

Reuters is outright telling us that Sam Bankman-Fried did [the] financial system a favour, because now we get stricter regulations. Well okay then, thanks I guess? What's even worse is that the whole thing is being "investigated" by political functionaries who once were in FTX's pocket. Yet not one single world of this from our esteemed mainstream media.

it’s essentially altruism. So it’s always justified.

SJRB

Gold Member
So pension funds invested in this BS without any due diligence being done? Crazy.

There's a special place in hell for pension funds account managers who spent pension funds money on terrible investments.

In fact, if one of those bad investments results in a lower pension for god knows how many people there should be a worldwide law that those investors get executed at the town's square while it's being livestreamed.

Pension funds are always getting mauled, they invest in certain stocks then loan out the same stocks to short selling hedgefunds to tank the price. It's all ASSmania.
If I were elite-ly rich, unscrupulously evil, and could get away with it, I'd probably poorly invest pension funds (you know, the future financial security of the plebs) so that it transferred wealth to me. "Oh darn, too bad the pension funds are wiped out from that deal. Thankfully I knew what larger impact that pension fund investment would have on the market and bet against the very move I knew would wipe out those funds!"

EDIT: Don't know the mechanics of how that would work, but I bet there's a way. You know, just hypothetically

Last edited:

Aesius

Yeah and people are still acting like it’s 2013 and spouting things they don’t understand.

FTX is not crypto it is not a blockchain.

Most cryptos and in turn their blockchains are shitcoins.

BTC is still strong and it’s a good time to get in and learn why it is important.

The familial ties these two characters have is scary in itself.

It makes me think they were just tasked with their positions and someone else is pulling the strings.
How is bitcoin strong? It is down 71% in 1 year.

murmulis

Some choice examples:

6SkaBgy.jpg

5h5nNk5.jpg

I searched for "thief", " theft", "fraud", "scam", "con man", "swindle", "ponzi" in that NY Times article, but got zero results. Why?

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
How is bitcoin strong? It is down 71% in 1 year.
The network. The dollar value doesn’t mean much to the technology or security of the blockchain.

How’s the dollar doing? Didn’t they just print 10 trillion of them in the last few years? That doesn’t do much for a dollars value.

Also it is still at a even for the last two years. If your had it 3 or 5 years you are up in dollar value.

As people have said this isn’t a BTC problem this was an FTX problem.

BTC is just on sale.

Dr.D00p

The network. The dollar value doesn’t mean much to the technology or security of the blockchain.

How’s the dollar doing? Didn’t they just print 10 trillion of them in the last few years? That doesn’t do much for a dollars value.

Also it is still at a even for the last two years. If your had it 3 or 5 years you are up in dollar value.

As people have said this isn’t a BTC problem this was an FTX problem.

BTC is just on sale.

Naked Gun Movie GIF

TransTrender

Gold Member
Imagine a century or two of 'modern business practices' were thrown out the window because a bunch of meth'ed up kids thought they were smarter and better than everyone. Well this is what happens. Somebody is going to murderd, maybe then the IRS will get involved.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Anyone else find the media’s near-silence and total lack of curiosity on this story to be pretty alarming? like I go on Forbes and the lead article is: “Hailey Bieber is out to prove her entrepreneurial chops are more than skin-deep.” This is after a massive currency exchange completely collapsed because the owner was stealing money to funnel a hedge fund pyramid scheme as well as prominent politicians and WEF-style social engineering. I was around during MF Global, Enron, WorldCom, Madoff, and it was headlines daily.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Anyone else find the media’s near-silence and total lack of curiosity on this story to be pretty alarming? like I go on Forbes and the lead article is: “Hailey Bieber is out to prove her entrepreneurial chops are more than skin-deep.” This is after a massive currency exchange completely collapsed because the owner was stealing money to funnel a hedge fund pyramid scheme as well as prominent politicians and WEF-style social engineering. I was around during MF Global, Enron, WorldCom, Madoff, and it was headlines daily.
Hmmmmmmm, let me ponder this.....

I suspect it's really the Ukraine money kickback to FTX then to election stuff, that ought to prompt a WAVE of criminal charges but we can't really discuss it here.

Top Bottom