• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 - CryEngine3 Tech Trailer

DieH@rd

Banned
That expensive? When 360 came out it had a top of the line gpu in it.

Also, its not like they're going to use a real pc gpu and put it inside the console just like that. By 2014, there will be new tech available

PS4 will suposedly be out in late 2013 or early 2014. Most of the hardware is already locked in. Same goes for X720, dont expect wonders.

X720 will in addition of gaming separate a large chunk of its hardware for Kinect2 [4 player body tracking, finger tracking and who knows what more].

PS4 will suposedly be out in late 2013 or very early 2014. Most of the hardware is already locked in. Same goes for X720, dont expect wonders.

X720 will in addition of gaming separate a large chunk of its hardware for Kinect2 [4 player body tracking, finger tracking and who knows what more].

But what says that their gpu still isn't in development? Again, comparing it to a 360, the gpu in it wasn't even released until after the console release (for pc)

Sou

I'm starting to feel that a big, heavy and massive disappointment will plague GAF once Crysis 3 is released. This is Crysis 2 all over again. Everybody here has to understand that Crysis 3 will also be plagued by consoles being the main platform.

Please, watch this video that came out before Crysis 2, showcasing our beloved CryEngine 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJEL9Kipuw4

Now show me a scene that comes close to the beginning of this trailer in Crysis 2.

The frog scene in this newest trailer is the worst offender, since it won't even make the final game (for obvious reasons) and it's just a bit of tech demo tackled at the end. Yeah, it looks good, but we won't see this level of detail in game, not this time.

Sorry to shatter everybody's dreams.

There is no shattering of dreams except maybe to fans of crysis games for reasons other than what this trailer is trying to show.

CryEngine can be used for other games, and DX11 technology like tessellation has already been used in other games like Metro. Games can look like the trailer with hardware available today if the developer chooses to.

This trailer shows that for developers who choose to use CryEngine instead of developing their own DX11 engine, the graphical details shown by the frog at the end of the demo is achievable given a team with good technical and artistic abilities.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
My god. Late to this party but this looks amazing.

wind1upii.gif

This blows me away.

This is done in Cryengine 3 and not PhysX right?

Anyone have a gif of the gator?

scitek

PS4 will suposedly be out in late 2013 or early 2014. Most of the hardware is already locked in. Same goes for X720, dont expect wonders.

I think the thing people are forgetting about the last generational change was the move to HD from SD. It wasn't just technology from the consoles that made a difference, but the adoption of new display devices too. Until that happens again, and everyone's required to have an Oculus Rift, or 4k TV or something along those lines, the difference isn't going to be as noticeable.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Thanks for that.

May be upgrading my GPU for this game, though I would like to hold out until next gen consoles launch. We shall see.

Still want to play though Crysis 2 but it does not work in Windows 8 right now. Hopefully someone patches it soon.

DieH@rd

Banned
Presenter mentioned that they managed to implement this new moving vegetation on consoles. That's great news for my pc, even when I downgrade graphic from "very high" to "high", I will not loose that aspect of the visuals.

Top Bottom