• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 4 story

TxKnight7

What if Prophet Become Ceph and Nomad fight him at the end of the game?
After collecting all data pads in Crysis 3, a file appears that states that Nomad is alive and is being hunted by a Nanosuit operator..

Prophet suit does come from Ceph Technology.
20230418_231428244.gif

Claire says to prophet you can actually become a ceph

[ Nomad ]
OZ4Ud16.jpg

Last edited:
I wish they would've continued the story from 1, I don't remember a ton of specifics but I remember 2 and 3 were almost completely detached from 1, other than the suit and some enemies. I do wish we would get another one though because I loved the powers

CGNoire

The story was better when it was just Delta Force/DARPA made NanoSuits vs Alien Tech. Not when trying to create some connection between the suit and the Aliens. That shit was lame. I much preferred when it was our best tech vs theres.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Crysis lore is probably the most stupid lore in gaming. Every episode is supposed to be linked to each other but there is more affinity in Final Fantasy than Crysis.

But it's not a complete failure.

Crysis 1 had a very basic storyline. But at the same it's very well tied to the game, since the game itself is an well made excalation of events: from an infiltration, to a firefight following a rescue, to an actual invasion which leads to a total war, then a calm before the storm, to finish with a big bang.

Crysis 2 was confusing at time, but the plot per se was really interesting.

Crysis 3 was shit.

In the meanwhile, a veeeery stupid time travel as deus ex machina to link Crysis 1 to 2, and a insane timeskip with no consequences to link C2 and C3.

I wouldn't be surprised if C4 begins with everything was a dream of Prophet.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I can't stop thinking about the fact that there's a mangled body of Alcatraz from Crysis 2 somewhere inside of that nanosuit that has now morphed to look like Prophet again, so what you're looking at there in that ending cutscene is essentially a fake skin made of nanomachines wrapped around a rotting or liquified corpse of some unlucky bastard who got shoved into that skin against his will.

Crysis' storyline is dumb. I don't care about the "epic" continuation of this lore because it's just dumb as hell.

winjer

Gold Member
The story, was one of the weakest parts in the Crysis trilogy. It was just a jumbled mess of random ideas about aliens and robot suits.
And it got really dumb at points.

CGNoire

I can't stop thinking about the fact that there's a mangled body of Alcatraz from Crysis 2 somewhere inside of that nanosuit that has now morphed to look like Prophet again, so what you're looking at there in that ending cutscene is essentially a fake skin made of nanomachines wrapped around a rotting or liquified corpse of some unlucky bastard who got shoved into that skin against his will.

Crysis' storyline is dumb. I don't care about the "epic" continuation of this lore because it's just dumb as hell.
Yep I love Crysis but the way they handled the story was dogshit. Just a bunch of gibberish.

CGNoire

I do think a Crysis 2/3 "style" film could be awesome just simply cause of the visuals of a Locked Down NY with a bunch of melted people everywhere fighting aliens with the nanosuit. Dont get me started on The Dome.

We did kinda get a Crysis lite film with that scene from GI Joe (2009).

Last edited:

fatmarco

As much as I loved the Crysis trilogy, the way they fucked up the story was tragic and, I'd argue, IP killing.

From killing Nomad off screen to having Prophet absorb Alcatraz's body with nano machines, it was disgraceful.

No one liked Prophet to the point we wanted to play as him over Alcatraz or Nomad, and the fact they used him as the big cliffhanger at the end of 2 shows you just how much they misunderstood that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

Pelao

I just want to play as Nomad and hunt down soldiers in open jungle scenarios as if I were the Predator.
Is the first game really that hard to replicate?

Last edited:
Since you're rewriting, why not do it from the end of Crysis to get the story we would've had if Crytek hadn't catered to the console peasants? :messenger_winking_tongue:

I would love to see an alternate universe where Crysis remained a PC exclusive, pushing the technical boundries etc. I suspect the IP would have a much bigger following now if they had done that.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Sounds great

Wheres the guns?

Story? Oh yeah the stuff with the suit and aliens, love the way the suit says 'maximum speed', brilliant. Can I shoot aliens with progressively bigger guns?

Oh, the story, of course..

*cough*
'Skip, skip, skip'

k_trout

I think i remember an Einstein Rosen Bridge at some point, and nano suit guy floating in orbit
only logical step from there is aliens home planet
but I bet its an almost reset to the story so they can do crysis 1 again

old-parts

Crysis 4 in space would be more interesting, the game was meant to be a Halo alternative, they should just go completely crazy to keep it interesting. Doing another vanilla Crysis is unlikely to set everyone's hearts on fire unless its an obscene technical show piece which I doubt Crytek have the money for these days.

Top Bottom