• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Beta Demo leaked?

Kabouter

Member
Feb 10, 2006
22,756
1
1,310
InsertCredit said:
Thanks. Seems reasonable. Resolution comes also into account, but with a new dx10 card I should be set for Ultra.

Can't friggin' wait.
Very true, but I'm willing to bet Yerli was talking about something like 1280x1024, which is probably the most common resolution on rigs that can run Crysis.
 

ice cream

Banned
Dec 18, 2006
2,127
0
0
London, England
QVT said:
Wait, what?
1. Its not real.
2. I thought he made his post pretty clearly sarcastic but I was impressed by how you pushed right through all that hullabullu and got to the trooth.
Who's "he"? Anyway, i mostly knew it was going to be fake, but there was still a part of me hoping .... i guess I fail though right?
I know you from the n-europe forums.... I think...
 

Pimpbaa

Member
Jun 8, 2004
17,218
538
1,685
44
Canada
Kabouter said:
Very true, but I'm willing to bet Yerli was talking about something like 1280x1024, which is probably the most common resolution on rigs that can run Crysis.
Good enough for me, I have a 1280x1024 LCD :D
 

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Jul 7, 2004
14,838
0
0
All signs point to fake, but I'm still holding out on the hope that it's real.
 

Beaulieu

Member
Oct 10, 2006
5,184
0
0
seems like everybody's download is stoping at 92%, so even if it is the real file, nobody will have access to it unless someone uploads the last 8%
 

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Mar 14, 2007
12,391
0
0
ice cream said:
Who's "he"? Anyway, i mostly knew it was going to be fake, but there was still a part of me hoping .... i guess I fail though right?
I know you from the n-europe forums.... I think...
Nah, I was talking about the guys post you quoted. He was being sarcastic.

Someone is posing as Me, the GREAT ONE on n-europe forums? I don't know what n-europe is but I am not pleased by this fool who dares imitate me.
 

InsertCredit

Member
May 8, 2006
1,827
0
0
Kabouter said:
Very true, but I'm willing to bet Yerli was talking about something like 1280x1024, which is probably the most common resolution on rigs that can run Crysis.
Maybe, although on the higher end more and more pc's are running on 1680x1050.
I reckon it'll still be playable on my screen, just by skipping any AA.
 

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Mar 10, 2005
19,131
141
1,745
BTW. If it does turn out to be 2.44 Gb of lesbian porn can you let me know so I can start my download queue.

Thanks.
 

ice cream

Banned
Dec 18, 2006
2,127
0
0
London, England
QVT said:
Nah, I was talking about the guys post you quoted. He was being sarcastic.

Someone is posing as Me, the GREAT ONE on n-europe forums? I don't know what n-europe is but I am not pleased by this fool who dares imitate me.
Oops, sorry, I just went there now, (haven't been there in ages) and his username is CVD...
 

saelz8

Member
Feb 28, 2005
9,816
1
0
Austin, TX
Got it, just played some! Halo 3? Half-Life 2? I laugh in all of your faces! This is the new king! CRY YOUR TEARS NOW!








































Syke!
 

Teknopathetic

Member
Jun 6, 2004
24,114
4
0
Wow, how many times do people have to say that the specs mentioned are from Cevat Yerli before people understand it.
 

Lyon

Member
May 15, 2005
216
0
1,210
34
I think AA may be out of the question for most of us anyway. I'm on 1680x1050 too, but I dont mind scaling to 1440x900 if I have to.
 

Fragamemnon

Member
Jun 7, 2004
14,306
0
0
cyberheater said:
BTW. If it does turn out to be 2.44 Gb of lesbian porn can you let me know so I can start my download queue.
Lesbian porn, that's so 2003.

People who finish this stuff and install it are getting far worse, I'd wager.
 

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Mar 10, 2005
19,131
141
1,745
Fragamemnon said:
Lesbian porn, that's so 2003..
You say. Timeless classic I say... :)

I know what you mean though...
 

Fragamemnon

Member
Jun 7, 2004
14,306
0
0
cyberheater said:
You say. Timeless classic I say...
I'm not debating the merit of lesbian porn. I'm saying that people who download that file aren't getting gigs of lesbian porn-most likely, it'll be something grotesque and horrible.
 

Pimpbaa

Member
Jun 8, 2004
17,218
538
1,685
44
Canada
Fragamemnon said:
I'm not debating the merit of lesbian porn. I'm saying that people who download that file aren't getting gigs of lesbian porn-most likely, it'll be something grotesque and horrible.
Butch lesbian porn?
 

Fragamemnon

Member
Jun 7, 2004
14,306
0
0
Seriously, even if that is a real installer, faking a Windows Installer like that takes all of 30 minutes.

It's going to lay down the biggest load of child porn and keyloggers you ever did see, hoss.
 

test_account

XP-39C²
Mar 22, 2007
23,613
2
1,130
Its not really too hard to fake this. On this picture, why is the grey box like overlapping the black boarder to the left with about about 1cm? Is this normal in the install process? Never thought about it.

 

Wes

venison crêpe
May 14, 2006
41,687
0
0
Well if it turns out to be not-fake at least maybe this'll push up the actual demo's release date.
 

Sean

Banned
Jun 14, 2004
14,673
2
0
Timan said:
I stole this off the desk of EA at WWDC, not supposed to be posting this but oh well..


Woah, it's coming out for the Mac too? Can you post screenshots please?