• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis is coming to the PS3?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
lol what?

I just read though it...this is weird

It doesn't reference the PS3 in the article...its just in the category...probably a mess up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Probably just put the article in the wrong section.

I heard EGM played a Wii version though.

xaosslug

18740.gif

theBishop

Banned
_leech_ said:
Thought I read somewhere that the Crysis team was porting the engine to both the 360 and PS3, couldn't that be it?

I can't imagine this game will be profitable without console intervention.

"It was not that long ago the company put out an employment ad for programmers for the PS3"

Yes, for their well known intentions of porting CryEngine2 to consoles.

Let. This. Shit. Go. Until something's officially announced. Thank you.

Kabouter

theBishop said:
I can't imagine this game will be profitable without console intervention.

Didn't Far Cry sell like well over a million?
Aren't profit margins on PC games far higher?
And I'm fairly certain the budget on Crysis is not spectacularly high.

XonoX

Crytek did advertise for a senior PS3 programmer last year ;

http://crytek.com/jobs/item.php?id=44&s=jobs&pID=4

Graphics Programmer

Graphics Programmer

Requirements

* Maintain (optimization, adding new features) the existing CryENGINE 2 graphics system.
* Assist in porting the source code from PC platform to the new gen console platforms (Xenon, PS3).
* Assist in design of the graphics system and/or the animation system for the new gen console platforms (Xenon, PS3).
* Develop and maintain the graphics system and/or the animation system for the new gen console platforms (Xenon, PS3).
* Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards as directed by Lead Programmer.
* Document source code.
* Continue to enhance programming and communications skills.
* Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
* Provide input to department project status meetings.
* Directly responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
* Perform any other duties as assigned by manager with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties.
* Develop and participate in the creation of a TDD with supervision.
* Coordinate with other studio groups including art and production to achieve project objectives.
* Assist in the specifics of programming architecture.
* Assist in the development and inclusion of new technologies.

Pluses:
o C# knowledge
o Experience in the game industry
Responsibilities:
o Develop tools and plug-ins for a high profile game
o Report to Lead Programmer, Producer and Technical Director
o Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard

did the PS3 suddenly pick up an additional 8 pixel pipelines and 2x the graphics memory bandwidth that would be needed to run the DX9 version of Crisis even half-way decently ?

Insane Metal

Gold Member
TheIkariWarrior said:
did the PS3 suddenly pick up an additional 8 pixel pipelines and 2x the graphics memory bandwidth that would be needed to run the DX9 version of Crisis even half-way decently ?

6.jpg

artist

Banned
XonoX said:
Crytek did advertise for a senior PS3 programmer last year ;

http://crytek.com/jobs/item.php?id=44&s=jobs&pID=4
http://incrysis.com/crysis/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=250&Itemid=2

“We hope we aren't disappointing anyone, but contrary to any rumours that may be in circulation, neither Crytek nor any third parties are currently engaged in developing Crysis for console platforms. Our company's sole focus at this time is to complete Crysis for PC as well and as quickly as possible, so we can release it in a timely fashion to all who have shown such a strong interest in playing our game, while insuring we meet the high quality of game play they have come to expect.

While we are gratified by the level of interest shown in Crysis by console owners and fans, and are of course interested in next generation consoles for potential future developments, it is the company's policy not to discuss future plans before the fact.

We hope that clarifies the issue and thanks to all for your interest.

Thank you,

Cevat Yerli

CEO, Crytek GmbH”

theBishop

Banned
TheIkariWarrior said:

were those specifications available on GPUs released "2-3 years ago"?

I think it's pretty inevitable that a spin-off will come to X360 and PS3. But I don't think it will conserve the leeway of the PC version. And it probably won't be developed by Crytek as well.
The hands-on were just posted in the wrong section, as others have pointed out.

Top Bottom