• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Romulus

XBOX 360 framerate can be tweaked easily both in Crysis 2 and Crysis 3. All game assets are included in renamed zip files (.pak). Through xbox360.cfg you can configure the vsync and the framerate limiter. Setting vsync off and 60FPS, framerate is all over the place but there are some rare instances where the game reaches 60 frames per second.

This video has been recorded with the config file limited at 60FPS.

I guess you can also edit those files in Playstation 3, but I havent tried.

I honestly don't know why they just didn't go with 480p towards the end of that generation, or give options. The framerates were so awful.

Romulus

You couldnt have missed the point any more widely. Doom 2016 is thoroughly modern in it's design. Continuing a franchise doesnt mean they use the same design. Oh man, sorry, your post is as wrong as it is possible to be.

His post has merits. It's still rooted in the older games. You take away the modern visuals, the ammo/armor gimmicks, and upgrades and you've got an old school shooter at the core. Which is great.

Yes i know, but my post was a answer to HaveButOneLife HaveButOneLife who said that Killzone arguably looked better. There is a reason why Crysis 3 is demanding, it offers overal a much higher quality graphics than killzone. And Killzone is a beautiful looking game btw, still looks good on that 1.84tf console. Its just not better looking nor technical more impresive.
As someone who has played both, how is Killzone looking better? Its not because it released on last gen that its a last gen game, if you saw there trailer you would know that Crysis 3 on pc is actaully the first next gen game. Even pure from a technical stand point Killzone is not even on the same level as Crysis 3 on pc. The PS4 can't even run Crysis 3 at 1080p 30fps with very high settings.

On that note, IMO they should have delayed Crysis 3 until the release of this gen... but you didn't refute my point that Crysis 3 has to fake its PBR solution when Battlefield 3 had it 2 years back... that's something in Shadow Fall's favor.

Either way, there isn't much specific about your point here other than that video, nothing about the overall details about the game's lighting solution. I didn't say it could run Crysis 3 at Very High settings but you can use that logic for any PC game, even Shadow Fall likely runs on Medium or High settings. Demand isn't much of an argument for visuals, it depends on how well it would be optimized for the system. As far as I know Crysis 3 is badly optimized for those settings, so it's not like it's the PS4's fault, even some modern hardware has trouble running it because of the time it released where they had to make ultra settings be as demanding as possible in order to sell their 780 Ti's, I think there are more significant arguments that you can give in the game's favor.

It's really about the more intricate details and art style. Both are very good looking games but I give the slight edge to Shadow Fall but I could be wrong and that's alright.

stranno

I honestly don't know why they just didn't go with 480p towards the end of that generation, or give options. The framerates were so awful.
You can force 480P in both consoles, but I dont know what internal resolution would be displayed. I guess it would stick to 720P.

You can force 480P in both consoles, but I dont know what internal resolution would be displayed. I guess it would stick to 720P.
Correct, it's always the native resolution, it doesn't dynamically scale to a specific screen size. Not like current gen.

At least I think that's what you're asking.

Romulus

On that note, IMO they should have delayed Crysis 3 until the release of this gen... but you didn't refute my point that Crysis 3 has to fake its PBR solution when Battlefield 3 had it 2 years back... that's something in Shadow Fall's favor.

Either way, there isn't much specific about your point here other than that video, nothing about the overall details about the game's lighting solution. I didn't say it could run Crysis 3 at Very High settings but you can use that logic for any PC game, even Shadow Fall likely runs on Medium or High settings. Demand isn't much of an argument for visuals, it depends on how well it would be optimized for the system. As far as I know Crysis 3 is badly optimized for those settings, so it's not like it's the PS4's fault, even some modern hardware has trouble running it because of the time it released where they had to make ultra settings be as demanding as possible in order to sell their 780 Ti's, I think there are more significant arguments that you can give in the game's favor.

It's really about the more intricate details and art style. Both are very good looking games but I give the slight edge to Shadow Fall but I could be wrong and that's alright.

I was always pretty unimpressed with Shadowfall visually, even at release. I felt like Crysis on last gen consoles looked nearly as good outside of the LOD issues and framerate. I thought there would have been a much bigger jump in fidelity considering the gap in hardware. It wasn't until I saw Horizon ZD in motion that I was really impressed.

Last edited:

Fake

You can only force 'input', not internal resolution. Internal resolution of both games its not 720p, PS3 have a resolution lower than 720p. Last generation are only counting with 'upscaler'.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Doom 2016 is thoroughly modern in it's design.
flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg

LordOfChaos

They may have gone as low as they could before the GPU wasn't the primary bottleneck, that would make sense. Iirc, it did choke on some alpha transparencies, but most of the framerate dips were when a lot of CPU side things were happening.

Reindeer

Wow that definitely looks a lot better... maybe there's hope for Halo after all haha
This impressive amount of remastering obviously wasn't done with one month delay, which makes one think, what the heck was that trailer that leaked that made Crytek issue a public statement to limit damage control? Maybe it was work in progress code of the old build because it looks nothing like what they showed now.

HF2014

Will this be a 29$ game or a 59$ one?

edit: nvm, will be 29$, its price as this on Switch, but getting the PS4 version!

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
what the heck was that trailer that leaked that made Crytek issue a public statement to limit damage control?
Graphics was already there.

The problem is that trailer was too fast paced and too focused on gameplay, while people needed to see a clear improvement in graphics. Also, show it first on Switch wasn't a good idea. The two next trailers, the Switch version and this one, are both focused on graphics where you can see what is improved.

ZywyPL

Banned
WHOA, not that's one hell of an upgrade. And that's a PS4/XB1 version, just imagine how it will look on PC and PS5/XBX. Wonder what kind of magic happened within the past month?

HF2014

WHOA, not that's one hell of an upgrade. And that's a PS4/XB1 version, just imagine how it will look on PC and PS5/XBX. Wonder what kind of magic happened within the past month?

I remember putting some mods in the past, one was making ray tracing, creating an effect of blindness threw the trees with the sun, and a part, it was close to a waterfall, there was a river where you got attacked and the water look like turquoise . It was a visual treat. Hoping they recreated that effect in that part.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Now to decide whether 1440p DLSS for the high framerate or use 4K DLSS for the picture clarity. Im leaning towards 4K DLSS since its a jungle setting with all that foliage.

Last edited:

Dane

XBOX 360 framerate can be tweaked easily both in Crysis 2 and Crysis 3. All game assets are included in renamed zip files (.pak). Through xbox360.cfg you can configure the vsync and the framerate limiter. Setting vsync off and 60FPS, framerate is all over the place but there are some rare instances where the game reaches 60 frames per second.

This video has been recorded with the config file limited at 60FPS.

I guess you can also edit those files in Playstation 3, but I havent tried.

Makes me wonder if it's going to be one of those 60/120 FPS hack BC titles

Top Bottom