• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered delayed “a few weeks”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
Crysis-Remastered-Delay_07-01-20.jpg

Crytek has delayed the release of Crysis Remastered from its previously planned July 23 release date, as well as today’s official trailer premiere, by “a few weeks” in order to further polish the game. It will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

Get Crytek’s full message on the delay below:
Dear Crysis fans,

As you know, Crysis Remastered will be coming into the world this year—and at the same time the Crysis IP will debut on Nintendo Switch!

Your passion for the Crysis franchise deserves an undeniably high-quality game, and we are committed to delivering just that. To ensure that we meet that commitment, we will need to delay the launch date (all platforms) and trailer premiere by a few weeks. Because they already started, pre-orders for Switch will stay open, but pre-orders for all other platforms will be delayed as well.

The features you’re looking forward to are already set, but we want to take the time on polishing the game. You might be aware of the leak yesterday, and we want you to know: we’ve seen all the reactions—the good and the bad—and we’re listening! We’re still working on a number of things in game, as well as the storefront. Please keep the love coming, and rest assure, you’ll have the game you love shortly!

This extra time until release will allow us to get Crysis Remastered up to the PC- and console-breaking standard you’ve come to expect from Crysis games. We hope you understand what we’re up to—stay with us while we take the time to make a few more improvements. Stay tuned, and we’ll have that game in your hands as soon as we possibly can.

We’ll keep you updated on our progress, so please hang in there, and check back here for updates!

Thank you,
Team Crysis
Gematsu

Switch?

how's this supposed to be a remaster of one of the heaviest games from last generation? Switch would barely handle even the old game as is.

But if switch can handle it, I'll be pissed if it's not VR (even on PS4)

stranno

Switch?

how's this supposed to be a remaster of one of the heaviest games from last generation? Switch would barely handle even the old game as is.

But if switch can handle it, I'll be pissed if it's not VR (even on PS4)
Crysis runs at 20-25 on the crappiest SOC you can buy, an Atom Z3735G.

High and Very High graphics are the real deal, but lower settings are not that demanding.

xPikYx

I think they realised that what they did was not good at all, now I 'm curious how the gonna fix the mistake. I have the feeling the leak was purposingly done to see people reaction cuz they were not sure of the job done so far and now try to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom