• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered - Official 8K Tech Trailer

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
4k? pff

-NSEPp94RB_H2LooqkHAbwtlpsyGnvGmM4fZ6JYyeO4.png

I want to make a shirt out of this.

bbeach123

I remembered the trees/palm tree is swaying in the old game .Somehow they look dead in this trailer ....

You can also see here at 0:14 .

mrMUR_96

IDK you guys, but is really looking they're reusing the Xbox 360 version to make this resmaster. The color is satureted, they're using Cryengine 3 instead of Cryengine 5 with BTW Hunt:Showdown already run on both PS4 and Xbox One using Cryengine 5.
Another point to make, they're avoiding showing the console version besides the already Xbox One X with Ray Tracing trailler with BTW again they replay the same shots from the older trailers.
Dunno about the PC version, but console version are being hide for some reason.
Hope is not true, but I getting concern about this game.
Cryengine 3? They're definitely using 5, which supports ray tracking, the new DOF and svogi lighting.

Kupfer

Is there an uncompressed version somewhere? Youtube compression makes it look blurry, especially when they proudly present the 8k can it run crysis mode.

Kerotan

I watched on my 4k TV in 1080p and it looked pretty good. It's good 8k TV owners finally get some content. Hopefully more of these less demanding games get the 8k treatment.

TonyK

It looks like "old". Yes, it has better textures, detail and lighting, but the overall feel seems outdated. Too clean, sharpen, plain, boring visually for my taste.

Fake

they're not hiding anything

Yes, they're. Watch the video. Is just the Xbox One X to demonstrate the software raytracing. There are three more consoles to show.

And I talking about the trailer, not the DF or other tech site making analyze.

Last edited:

Shmunter

All this tech talk and theatrics, yet it looks like ass.

Sorry, no offence but check e.g. Bluepoint on how to re-release a landmark game.

Shane89

so, the game should be out in less than 1 hour, and still there nothing on console store. why?

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
DLSS shall save us!
Also that Can it Run Crisis mode is not meant to be used as a practical setting, it's like intentionally turned to bring your PC to it's knees for benchmarking purposes. It's different from the Ultra preset.

Siri

Banned
I think he's using the LG C9 as a monitor so the Sonos Arc is hooked up to that.

Okay, thanks for that.

I’m doing the same thing. PC connected to LG C9 via my RTX 2080 TI. The LG‘s sound is through a Sonos Arc 5.1 setup. What I hadn’t realized is that sound can pass through the HDMI cable going from my video card to my tv to the arc.

I actually had separate speakers and subwoofer for my pc. LOL. Those are gone now. Believe it or not, but there was enough in your post to make me realize the pc could pass sound all the way through to the arc.

I did learn, however, that when playing pc games in 5.1 I have to disable e-arc. Anyway, thanks for your post. Most helpful.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
From what I read, it seems like the "Can it run Crysis" mode has no pop-in and no LOD changes, which is pretty bad ass if you ask me.

Where's M MickeyKnox with the new OT's?!?!

I think I'm gonna get this. Was hoping to play it with a 3080, but we all know how that turned out.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Looks like crap, they should quit this BS, same goes to skyrum, and bring something new or at least remake it.

sinnergy

Looks like crap, they should quit this BS, same goes to skyrum, and bring something new or at least remake it.
Same for Demons Souls , could easily release something new. Instead of old games with new paint. The state of the industry is worsening.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

Nah, for me it's better to ride the woke-insane-age out with safe choices, then release something new that won't need to be pandering to a mob with garbage design and story choices.

Goes for every major company really, not just CryTek obviously.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
does this have multiplayer, not seeing anything on the epic store

crysis multiplayer is incredibly underrated
No multiplayer. I wish it was their too. I have such fond memories of the absolute chaos from that multiplayer. Too bad soooo many great old multiplayer games are tied to GameSpy servers.

When does the game actually go on sale? It's simply has "Coming Soon" on Epic. I'd love to get it downloaded and play it sometime tomorrow.

Last edited:

Vtecomega

Banned
Uhh wtf. I just downloaded this on the PS PRO and its not only completely broken but its an ugly low resolution mess. I enabled ray tracing and I get severe red artifacts, completely glitched draw distance, motion blur is broken and the lighting model is messed up.

I will try restarting the game and enable quality mode to see if there's an improvement.

This needs a patch ASAP.

Kupfer

Uhh wtf. I just downloaded this on the PS PRO and its not only completely broken but its an ugly low resolution mess. I enabled ray tracing and I get severe red artifacts, completely glitched draw distance, motion blur is broken and the lighting model is messed up.

I will try restarting the game and enable quality mode to see if there's an improvement.

This needs a patch ASAP.
Screenshots?
Video?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Same for Demons Souls , could easily release something new. Instead of old games with new paint. The state of the industry is worsening.

I don't like Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, personally, but it got better visuals. Still feels clunky to me and would've rather seen them implement the agility of Bloodborne, at least. But hey, there are many losing their shit for these remakes.🤷‍♂️

Vtecomega

Banned
For those who are experiencing glitches and red artifacts. Switch to quality mode then revert back to ray tracing. That will fix it.

The game plays like absolute horseshit. Dead zones are terrible and frame rate is dreadful. I have yet to try performance mode though.

HDR is broken. It seems to disable ray tracing once you enable hdr. The HDR also looks like shit. The game looks miles better with it switched off wtf.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned

This needs a patch ASAP.

Appreciate your post. Considering playing this weekend, but this sounds bad.

Lone Wolf

This needs a patch ASAP.
It’s just as fucked up on Xbox One X. A real mess.

Siri

Banned
I just bought it!

Hoping for a real trip down memory lane - unstable gameplay, barely able to reach 30 FPS, system shut-downs.... I want it all!

Top Bottom