• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy - Teaser Trailer

anthony2690

Banned
To my recollection 1 is the most open one of them, for 2 they really wanted to console-ize it so it's a linear game with "wide linear" hallways, the third one I've only played once in my life so I have very little memories but from what I remember it was a hybrid of 1 and 2, linear progression but in bigger sandbox-ey zones you can tackle either stealthily or like an action shooter.
I just want to play them like an action shooter, just blast through and shoot things as if I'm playing a cod campaign.

It's just something to tide me over till soul hackers 2, plus my other half seems interested in them, so I know she will play them too :)

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I just want to play them like an action shooter, just blast through and shoot things as if I'm playing a cod campaign.

It's just something to tide me over till soul hackers 2, plus my other half seems interested in them, so I know she will play them too :)

2 and 3 are for you then, they changed the formula to appeal more to the COD mob after the 1st, I like all the games myself. I would still give the 1st game ago though, it is open but not as much as Far Cry, and it starts to feel more linear the further you go.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member

Crysis 1 is the most sandbox like, it's not "open world" as the level design is very linear, it just has a bigger sandbox in that linearity in which to play in. You can pretty much only go in one direction to advance the narrative/levels. It's very much a linear game, but the level design feels very organic. Crysis 2 is very much more constricted in the "sandbox" sense in that is has less play space and options from which to choose. It feels closer to a CoD campaign than the previous game, but both are still pretty great games. Crysis 3 kind of struck a middle ground where it's a more open sandbox than 2 was, but it's not quite on par with 1.

If you want to just put all 3 games on easy/medium and have a good shooting campaign, you can't go wrong with any of em, but if you want it more like a CoD campaign, 2 and then 3 are gonna be your closest comparisons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom