• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cult of The Lamb is releasing on August 11th, 2022

I will be praying for yall to repent from this game and turn to the actually lamb who the bible calls jesus. the bible says satan discuses himself as a angle of light dont be tricked by the look of the game satan is real cults are real and the things u are playing with are actually things not a work of fiction if u think its just a game think again u are opening a door in your soul for satan to have legal right because you played around with his kingdom for a couple hours and have tolerated evil Gods hates evil he loves you and wants to see you abiding in the light and not darkness if u bored and need to entertain yourself try praying to God and asking him to open your eyes to the truth and read your bible
God needs to get better at making games.

Alright, weird bug where every time I perform a ritual the game locks into the animation and freezes there, literally makes rituals impossible, hope it's patched soon.

Cleared 3rd area, have yet to die to a boss though difficulty can be manually increased for those so inclined and once you've cleared an area it becomes tougher with some new enemies/bosses thrown into the mix.

Everything I said in my previous post still applies, didn't mention the god-tier soundtrack then so I'll do it now. If I have any criticism after about 12 hours clocked it's that the game needs more weapon variety, more visual flair for different weapon types within the individual tiers. Otherwise everything in this game sings, so much potential for a sequel to really refine the formula and take it to masterpiece status.

Alright, weird bug where every time I perform a ritual the game locks into the animation and freezes there, literally makes rituals impossible, hope it's patched soon.

Cleared 3rd area, have yet to die to a boss though difficulty can be manually increased for those so inclined and once you've cleared an area it becomes tougher with some new enemies/bosses thrown into the mix.

Everything I said in my previous post still applies, didn't mention the god-tier soundtrack then so I'll do it now. If I have any criticism after about 12 hours clocked it's that the game needs more weapon variety, more visual flair for different weapon types within the individual tiers. Otherwise everything in this game sings, so much potential for a sequel to really refine the formula and take it to masterpiece status.
I noticed that about 1/3rd of the Xbox store reviews talk about glitches, slowdown and crashes.

Impotaku

I will be praying for yall to repent from this game and turn to the actually lamb who the bible calls jesus. the bible says satan discuses himself as a angle of light dont be tricked by the look of the game satan is real cults are real and the things u are playing with are actually things not a work of fiction if u think its just a game think again u are opening a door in your soul for satan to have legal right because you played around with his kingdom for a couple hours and have tolerated evil Gods hates evil he loves you and wants to see you abiding in the light and not darkness if u bored and need to entertain yourself try praying to God and asking him to open your eyes to the truth and read your bible
Y3vkAMw.jpg

Bragr

Banned
Do you really think god or jesus cares about what videogames people play?

FunkMiller

You’re either trolling hard, or suffering from serious mental illness.

Dance Flowers GIF by A24

Dr.Morris79

You forget the devil is a master of disguise, the true sin is Roblox.

Jaybe

Saw this quoted and thought, fuck a second religious nutbar post on here today? Then recognized the avatar and can chill lol.

Jaybe

It seems every platform has issues, game probably needed 1 more month in the oven to iron out the bugs.
I really wish small developers wouldn’t stretch themselves thin across so many platforms for release. Shit, they are on more platforms than most third-party AAA titles. Just Pick one or two, deliver, fix some issues that got through, add final touches to the other ports, and release them when they are ready.

FunkMiller

I prayed to god, and he told me to play Cult Of The Lamb.

Meh Keanu Reeves GIF by Bounce

Once you've unlocked all the base upgrades at the totem your followers start generating $$$ instead since you no longer have need of devotion, good times 👌

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So what's the thought on this. Worth it at $25? My interest is piqued but not sure yet. Would most likely be playing 100% on my Deck while relaxing on the couch.

Jaybe

So what's the thought on this. Worth it at $25? My interest is piqued but not sure yet. Would most likely be playing 100% on my Deck while relaxing on the couch.
User reviews seem great, aside from some getting bugs and those being occasionally game breaking. I know Devovler Digital as a publisher does the game pass and ps plus sub deals, like death’s door and carrion so I’m tempted to wait a some months on it to see if it hits game pass. But if you’re not on either of those and even if you are it’s probably a great purchase for a fun 20 hr game.

Last edited:
Alright, beat the final boss, 77 in-game days and that was taking my sweet time, spending many days at base building up my cult and facilities. I didn't die to any of the main bosses, I've only died once total early on when going back to a completed area where the enemies were much stronger and I was ill prepared.

As with pretty much every game in the genre the end isn't really the end. I will try to go for the plat, already got 72% of the trophies, toughest ones will be beating the main bosses without getting hit, got the one for the 1st boss. Cult really is one of the best releases this year and I've played a whole bunch, highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Antwix

Alright, beat the final boss, 77 in-game days and that was taking my sweet time, spending many days at base building up my cult and facilities. I didn't die to any of the main bosses, I've only died once total early on when going back to a completed area where the enemies were much stronger and I was ill prepared.

As with pretty much every game in the genre the end isn't really the end. I will try to go for the plat, already got 72% of the trophies, toughest ones will be beating the main bosses without getting hit, got the one for the 1st boss. Cult really is one of the best releases this year and I've played a whole bunch, highly recommend it.
I just beat the story today as well. Almost 19 hours, day 90. I died quite a few times during my playthrough, probably a dozen or so I think. I started my game on Hard from the start though. Not sure what you had it on. The 3rd dungeon kicked my ass for a bit. It was harder than the 4th one imo.

I will say, while I loved my time with it, I just don't have any interest in continuing my playthrough after the credits. Definitely a damn fun game though.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Interactions between your followers is great.

Had one convince me to make another follower eat a bowl of poop as a prank, so of course I did. The next day the follower who was the victim convinced me it was time for the cult's first sacrifice, with you know who as the first one.

Left the building after the sacrificial ritual and that bastard had the biggest smile on his face as he was doing work.

Wanted to update my thoughts on the game. After a week I'd already moved on, might return to it at some point for the plat but for now I've had my fill. Everything I've said previously still applies, was well worth the $25 price of entry and it is one of my fave releases of this year.

BUT, I would like to retract my statement of it being in the same league as some of the greats (BoI, Dead Cells, Hades etc) as it simply doesn't have the same substance or longevity as those classics do, would be doing those games a disservice to leave my previous post unamended, I've got too much love and respect for those titles. During the first couple of days "honeymoon period" it absolutely felt that way, ultimately though it wasn't.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Wanted to update my thoughts on the game. After a week I'd already moved on, might return to it at some point for the plat but for now I've had my fill. Everything I've said previously still applies, was well worth the $25 price of entry and it is one of my fave releases of this year.

BUT, I would like to retract my statement of it being in the same league as some of the greats (BoI, Dead Cells, Hades etc) as it simply doesn't have the same substance or longevity as those classics do, would be doing those games a disservice to leave my previous post unamended, I've got too much love and respect for those titles. During the first couple of days "honeymoon period" it absolutely felt that way, ultimately though it wasn't.
That’s not fair as the game wasn’t designed or aimed to be that.

GymWolf

The roguelite part is not even on the same universe of the best and from what i'm reading, the sim part is pretty shallow as well with choices that are way better than others etc.

Also the game seems riddled with bugs, both big and small.

Maybe i'm gonna give it a chance when it's gonna be like 5 euros (more if they add more content)

SJRB

Gold Member
Man this game is turning into a technical nightmare. On every platform the more you play, the buggier it gets.

Insane lag, complete freezes, quests/items/npc glitches, attributes not working.

This is a mess. The subreddit is an endless stream of people running into bugs.

Top Bottom