• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead: Free Anniversary Update Launching Sep 29th (Xbox/PC)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

• A new Xbox Anniversary Update for Cuphead is launching September 29 exclusively for game owners on Xbox and Windows.
  • Studio MDHR crafted this “love letter” as a thank you to the Xbox community for being some of the first to experience this groundbreaking ID@Xbox game.
  • The Xbox Anniversary Update includes over 100 never-before seen hi-res photos extracted from the MDHR archive, behind-the-scenes video features, the entire Cuphead soundtrack, and more!

“Original sketches, concept art, process footage of painting or model work, unused music tracks, orchestra session footage, you name it,” says Studio MDHR Co-Director Chad Moldenhauer. “Knowing that we wanted to give our thanks to the Xbox community that has shown us love from day 1, we really thought about the kinds of things we would want to see as fans of Cuphead. The goal was to make this update feel like a real peek behind the scenes at what went into bringing the game to life, across all parts of development!”

XboxAnniversaryUpdate_Gallery4-Copy-96b428095130fdd7b241.jpg

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I still need to finish the DLC For this. I played it so long after the original release that I sucked at it all over again. I did beat the original release a couple weeks after launch, though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Would be a nice gesture if they get the game back on game pass with the next batch.

Feels fantastic to play and looks sublime. Tough and addictive with little downtime getting back to what's handing your ass while always being fun. The game is worth every accolade it gets.

Impotaku

More content is always good, especially for this game. Already own this monstrous art book so i'm all set for concept art, only own it on pc/ps4 & switch so i doubt i'll ever see the new stuff but seeing as it was originally an xbox exclusive i'm not that bent up over it. Still amazed it came to any other consoles as it was a great one to keep exclusive to give your console platform value.
GGiA3WU.jpg

ReBurn

Gold Member
I love this game. I suck at it, though. Reminds me of NES shmups and the insane difficulty back then.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I love this game. I suck at it, though. Reminds me of NES shmups and the insane difficulty back then.
that's the beautiful thing about this game, it's old fashioned in every aspect, from the gameplay (NES style run and gun) to the music (early 1900s swing & jazz) to the artstyle (1930s rubberhose cartoons)

Every single thing about it is a callback to the 20th century.

Last edited:
Top Bottom